Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My Name Is Jonas (Blizzard Related)

WINTER STORM JONAS!!!

http://www.weather.com/news/weather/...-a-lot-of-snow

Looks to be a pretty nasty storm for the mid-Atlantic. 3 feet possible in places. I love a good blizzard shitshow and this one has all the signs of delivering. Iceman, Tipp, have you gone out and pre-looted the store for your milk, eggs, and bread?

Why is it every time a storm comes everyone has to get those three things? Is french toast a big thing to eat when you're snowed in? Just get some bourbon and a carton of smokes.

Looking forward to seeing the carnage!
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 01-21-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

re-run but I was in the grocery store today to get dogfood and holy shit it was like the German Army was approaching.

"They ran out of organic carrots and that is a terrible thing."
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Currently in Maryland/Delaware/Pennsylvania area. plans are to boogie north Sunday morning and head to Vt/NH/ME or wherever has the most snow and kick around there for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    WINTER STORM JONAS!!!

Why is it every time a storm comes everyone has to get those three things? Is french toast a big thing to eat when you're snowed in? Just get some bourbon and a carton of smokes.

Looking forward to seeing the carnage!
    People should always keep bourbon and smokes (or what ever version one prefers) in their emergency kit. In fact, that is all you need in the kit.

These storms nearly always disappoint. It's the ones they don't say are a big deal that bite you in the ass. I hope to see Tipp on CNN cross country skiing down a DC street. Why do they always show somebody x-c skiing after these storms?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Why do they always show somebody x-c skiing after these storms?
    no decent hills?

i hope there's a TR in the works, DC mags...

Because it's faster and easier than walking.

That blue album is a thing of brilliance.

Why are good blizzards wasted on th mid-atlantic?

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
    Why are good blizzards wasted on th mid-atlantic?
    Trust me, everyone here would be happy to send the snow your way, it doesn't do anybody any good here.

Time for a road trip to Whitegrass!
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Currently in Maryland/Delaware/Pennsylvania area. plans are to boogie north Sunday morning and head to Vt/NH/ME or wherever has the most snow and kick around there for a week or so.
    Good luck "boogying" anywhere. Snow is supposed to stop sometime on early Sunday Morning. This isn't the mountain West. We only have XX amount of plows. My kids will likely miss another 2 days of school - my call is Wed. the earliest.

Oh, also there's almost no snow forecast N. of NYC. Shit, there's only supposed to be about 6 inches in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ...I was in the grocery store today to get dogfood and holy shit it was like the German Army was approaching.
    I went to get Chili fixins today. Nobody had New Mexico Peppers. The horror.

Last night had to be one of the worst junk shows I've ever seen caused by 1" of snow. The whole DMV was basically a traffic jam. Such stupid planning - nobody did any pre-salting, it hadn't been over 25deg. in a week, so all the major arteries turned into black ice almost immediately.

We had to go to a wake in DC last night and didn't leave for home until 9:00 and it still took almost 2 hours to get home. What a shitshow, no pretreatment at all. The roads were glaze ice in a lot of places, wrecks everywhere.

Yeah I saw some images that were showing over 160 accidents between downtown DC and the Beltway at rush hour and vids of people getting their cars to the shoulder then getting out and walking away.

Actually it's starting to look a little better for us north of I95 up here. I'm probably going to end up with a foot or so but by the time you get to any sort of decent ski regions they'll be able to smell it but will be getting virga at best. This most likely won't even make it to I90 until you get to the Boston metro. That leaves some of the feeder hills like my local and maybe that place in RI but nothing worth driving for especially the way these morons get when the roads are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    They have snow up there? Enough for a whole week?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    People should always keep bourbon and smokes (or what ever version one prefers) in their emergency kit. In fact, that is all you need in the kit.

These storms nearly always disappoint. It's the ones they don't say are a big deal that bite you in the ass. I hope to see Tipp on CNN cross country skiing down a DC street. Why do they always show somebody x-c skiing after these storms?
    It's pretty much the only thing in my storm kit. I laughed my ass off at the other people at the grocery the other year when ATL got completely shut down during that snow and ice storm. Everyone was getting milk and bread and looking at me like I was a degenerate loading up on a case of beer and Woodford.

CNN did show some guy ice skating down Peachtree St in front of the Fox Theatre though which was a different twist on the urban XC guy.

This year may be film of the first fat biker in the new DC snow.

I'd love to see an urban assault TR on the monuments kinda like those mags that skied Central Park a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Looks like that guy already got his milk and eggs

Trying like hell to get up to Wintergreen on Saturday. I'm really regretting selling my Subaru right now.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Trying like hell to get up to Wintergreen on Saturday. I'm really regretting selling my Subaru right now.
    Can you rent a fat bike?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I've skied rock creek park and battery kemball park on tele gear. I think we were filmed skinning across DuPont circle.

Ricky D. will probably have the ski on his front hub if he doesn't make it out to Davis. The fat bike community is pretty strong in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
    That blue album is a thing of brilliance.
    ^^

This dude knows. You're no jong in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    "They ran out of organic carrots and that is a terrible thing."
    and she was dead serious. Talk about "1st world problems". LOL!!

Already on the Youtube!

It's times like these that people just need to band together and eat conventional.