Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Armadas are made in 3 factories. Blizzard makes some of the Invictus models, 2 of 3 I believe

Sidewalls all the way to the ends make a difference...
    My 188cm Armada Invictus(108) are every bit as edgy, stiff and stable as my Explosivs, LPs and LP 105s were. I like sidewall skis too but I think it's most important in the middle of the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    My 188cm Armada Invictus(108) are every bit as edgy, stiff and stable as my Explosivs, LPs and LP 105s were. I like sidewall skis too but I think it's most important in the middle of the ski.
    Interdasting. Aaron, have you been on the Goliath? If so care to do a comparo to the invictus? I just love the Goliath but the specs and shape of the invictus intrigue me, even with the shorter turn radius.

I loved the Cochise in open spaces, not so much in the bumps or tight trees. Now I have the Bonafide (not the new one, though). It definitely can't charge as hard but it's a good compromise and better in more conditions. I went from the 185 Cochise to the 180 Bonafide, so going from 193 to 187 would likely yield similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Interdasting. Aaron, have you been on the Goliath? If so care to do a comparo to the invictus? I just love the Goliath but the specs and shape of the invictus intrigue me, even with the shorter turn radius.
    Never been on the Goliath.

Has anyone been on both the bonafide and the motive?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The declivity is my choice for the 98mm crowd right now. 26m side cut, tip rocker with a little taper. metal, built by Blizzard. Damp, stable, nimble.

Calling a backcountry ski is a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    The declivity is my choice for the 98mm crowd right now. 26m side cut, tip rocker with a little taper. metal, built by Blizzard. Damp, stable, nimble.

Calling a backcountry ski is a disservice.
    I never thought I would see the day where you recommended Armada.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I never thought I would see the day where you recommended Armada.
    It's actually a Blizzard so it's cool.

Invictus series, ARV ti, and Declivity are all pretty awesome skis.

Armada is making some good shit right now. After the JJ and TST their skis got a little stagnant when they focused on outerwear, but now their development team is making some killer skis.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Invictus series, ARV ti, and Declivity are all pretty awesome skis.
    Good to hear, I'm shopping for 90ish something now. Got more soft snow sticks than I can use right now.

Ordered the 187 Bonafide. It was a tough decision between that an the Motive. Thanks all for the input.

Here are two good deals for anyone in the market.

Bonafide $419
    Motive 95ti $419 *you can find smaller sizes for cheaper elsewhere.
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Me: 6-4 195lbs

The Bonafide has been my every day ski for the past 3 years. This year I got the carbon tip one. If you can keep pressure on your tips, and drive the skis, they will love you. If you try to cheat and stand up, you'll hate the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Ordered the 187 Bonafide. It was a tough decision between that an the Motive. Thanks all for the input.

Here are two good deals for anyone in the market.

Bonafide $419
    Motive 95ti $419 *you can find smaller sizes for cheaper elsewhere.
    I got last years Motive 95ti(186) off STP for $230 shipped. I'm feeling better and healing up pretty well so I couldn't resist taking them for a spin yesterday. Just some mellow groomers with 4" of fresh snow and an icy base. I can tell these are going to be sweet. Not hard to turn, super smooth and damp. Great snow feel. The kind of ski you can tell will get better with speed and more challenging terrain. They feel like the OG Mantra with early rise, more lively and less planky though.

If a 195 Superbro and 193 Cochise fucked...

I got last years Motive 95ti(186) off STP for $230 shipped. I'm feeling better and healing up pretty well so I couldn't resist taking them for a spin yesterday. Just some mellow groomers with 4" of fresh snow and an icy base. I can tell these are going to be sweet. Not hard to turn, super smooth and damp. Great snow feel. The kind of ski you can tell will get better with speed and more challenging terrain. They feel like the OG Mantra with early rise, more lively and less planky though.
    Damn that's a deal! Looking for a pair of the motive or invictus is anyone sees a pair cheap. 186 or 185 length.

Anyone been on both of these? Super similar?
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 01-30-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Damn that's a deal! Looking for a pair of the motive or invictus is anyone sees a pair cheap. 186 or 185 length.

Anyone been on both of these? Super similar?
    The Motive is full side wall and has a 21 meter radius vs sidewall/cap on the Invictus with a 20 meter radius. Probably pretty similar but based on my Invictus 108 the Motive is probably heavier. Mine are heavier than my Invictus 108.

If a 195 Superbro and 193 Cochise fucked...

The Motive is full side wall and has a 21 meter radius vs sidewall/cap on the Invictus with a 20 meter radius. Probably pretty similar but based on my Invictus 108 the Motive is probably heavier. Mine are heavier than my Invictus 108.
    Great info thanks!

Now I just need to find a pair at STP pricing....

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Fine......

6'1 200. I ski mammoth, grew up skiing squaw. I like to ride the sidecut of a ski rather than skid around.

I ski 195 superbros, 193 cochise, 191 lhasa, 196 protest.

I hated the cham 107 when I demoed it, no tail....

I am looking for something that I can replace both the cochise and superbro with. Something that will arch huge turns down wind buff and crud like the cochise. Something that can go machstupid on groomers and hardpack like the superbro. But slightly shorter and more manageable for bumps... like a 186-190, 98-101mm, tip rocker, slight tail rocker, decent amount of camber, metal.
    Since everyone should ski what I ski, Kastle MX98?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Bump. Hey guys, I've been on the 187cm 12/13 Bonafide w/FKS bindings for several years, as my go-to all around ski. Northeast, large resort skiing. It has been the shortest/easiest ski in my extended main quiver for about two years - I have many other larger faster skis. About 6'1", 220 lb, lift weights. Just picked up a pair of 187 Bushwackers that will be my light ski for bumps and trees.

I'd like to replace the Bonafide with something that is a bit more confident at 50mph+ on steep ice and rewards good traditional carving (and non-carving) technique, but still has some (most) of the rough terrain, tight spot capability of the Bonafide. Without being as much of a monster as something like my 188cm Stockli Scot Schmidt (wide GS race ski), or 191cm Head Inferno 104 (short tip tail rocker, but lots of camber, heavy wood construction, charging ski).

I'm considering:

- New 187cm Bonafide with a STH2 16 (or possibly STH16 Steels)
    - 193cm Enforcer w/STH2 16
    - 193cm Enforcer 93 w/ STH2 16,
    - 190cm Rossignol Experience 100 Ti with FKS.

The freeride biased Bonafied or Enforcer would gain some stability and precision mounted with the Driver binding vs. FKS. While the carving focused E100 would be a bit more easy going off piste with FKS mounted to them. However there are limitations with how much you can change the character of a ski with what you mount on it. For example, my 191cm Head Venturi 95's with STH16 steels are FAR easier to ski on than my 188CM Stockli Scot Schmidt's with FKS.

Your thoughts? I'm leaning towards the 193cm Enforcer 93cm. Anything else I should look at? Those Motive 95's look cool.

MX98 in a 194 or maybe a Praxis RX.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    The freeride biased Bonafied or Enforcer would gain some stability and precision mounted with the Driver binding vs. FKS. While the carving focused E100 would be a bit more easy going off piste with FKS mounted to them. However there are limitations with how much you can change the character of a ski with what you mount on it.
    Really? I've never experienced or heard anyone claim that FKS 18 is less demanding, stable, or precise than a Sally driver binding.

Maybe also consider the 189 ON3P Wren 98.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    MX98 in a 194 or maybe a Praxis RX.
    Not sure if you're responding to me, but if so: that MX98 looks sick, but way too much ski for this spot in the quiver. I've got older stocklis, shade narrower that overlap it like crazy too. RX are definitely too wide. Thanks!

In response to the original poster's question, I'd say the MX98 is a wider superbro, but very similar. I'd say if had rocker it would be between the two. RX still too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Really? I've never experienced or heard anyone claim that FKS 18 is less demanding, stable, or precise than a Sally driver binding.

Maybe also consider the 189 ON3P Wren 98.
    Mainly ski the rossi 180 Pro and 150 Pro, which is the older version FKS with the stiffer Geze metal toe. Replace the teflon AFD in the toe with 1/8" delrin so there is absolutely no vertical slop in the toe, in fact puts the toe lug under pressure. Run the heels on the tight side.

Also ski the the full metal 16 and 17 din salomons, the STH16 Steels and it's ancestors. Occasionally Look ZR's and 12 din plastic salomon 997/957. Adjust the salomons for downward pressure on the boot toe lug, the metal ones are exceptionally stiff laterally. Salomon tells you to adjust the toe for like a small gap. Hah, nope.

Anyway. The FKS I ski are very slightly less stiff than the metal salomons. Both are much, much stiffer/abrupt/precise than any common 12 din binding, and significantly stiffer than normal FKS180. More importantly, the FKS are more than 1lb lighter than the STH16 steel, and have a shorter mount pattern, which typically lets a ski flex easier. So they make a ski notably more maneuverable and softer flexing. The metal Salomons make for a setup that is heavier, stiffer, and more stable. JMHO.

On a side note, I've not skied the STH2 much, just ordered a couple pair on closeout. I'd expect it to be somewhere between the other two in feel.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 08-25-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy shit on the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy shit on the walls?
    You mean Shenanigans?

OP here... Reread the thread. People said enforcer would be too soft for me. You sound like me (except for the binding shenanigans).

I am very happy with the Bonafide. If they made it in a 192 it would be the perfect hard snow ski for me.
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA