Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    After reading the article I was wondering why nobody including the lift operator saw some fall 20-25 feet off a moving chairlift didn't notify patrol or lift operations ASAP even if no one was hurt
    This. Some real strangeness here. I am not calling the guy a liar, it is just odd that no lifty figured this out. And how about other people on the lift? Did no one shout that someone had fallen from a chair? How about people on the ground? I guess no one must have been in the area. It is a shame that the lift did not stop because then the scumbag who shoved him would have been caught. As it is now I don't see any way they will get him. I can't fathom how screwed up someone must be to push someone off a chair.

Still....I get that the boarder might be a chill dude, but how do you not even report it until the end of the day?

EDIT: Someone else in the thread stated that the lifty stopped the lift. Why would he not call ski patrol to make sure the guy was okay? Some things here are just not adding up.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I would think the liftie would be required to report that, not just "should have".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ski areas are required to report it to the FS if it is on their land
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Surprised the boarder didn't engage "falling leaf" technique during the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Surprised the boarder didn't engage "falling leaf" technique during the fall.
    made me lol

this story is amazing btw

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Aspen PD is looking for a person of interest
    Attachment 175236
    "You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe...
    But I'm funny how?
    I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
    What do you mean funny, funny how?
    How am I funny?"

[pushes innocent man of chairlift from 20ft]

ha! I just heard an interview in the radio with Ray Liotta and they played that scene- so freaky

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    EDIT: Someone else in the thread stated that the lifty stopped the lift. Why would he not call ski patrol to make sure the guy was okay? Some things here are just not adding up.
    It's a fucking lifty, detective.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Still....I get that the boarder might be a chill dude, but how do you not even report it until the end of the day?
    That part I get- dude was unhurt. There was a video in an earlier thread where a douchebag went after a kid and another guy came to the kids defense and eventually had the DB's lift ticket pulled. The video went on and on - probably took several hours before the guy was on his way. Who needs that? If he later sees the jackass hassling someone else, then yes, I think he has an obligation to report what happened to him. Otherwise, he ends up losing a good chunk of his day, when all he really needed to do was ride off in the other direction and avoid the guy.

Justice may not be served, and yeah, the guy got away with a fairly violent act, but he really didn't have much to gain by going to all the trouble of reporting it.

But did he hold his grab?

Pretty sure from the description that the skier was Leroy Jenkins

If the broader had a gun this would have never happen.

Hmnn doesn't add up.

For those who don't know highlands, this guy fell onto or very near a cat track in a pretty busy spot on the ridge under Loge Peak lift.
    While there is a little bump that obscures most of people at the top from seeing this, (the "confluence" at the top of DT, PHQ, and the Bowl gate) anybody skiing the cat track or others on the lift would be able to see this man fall to a very flat 20 foot landing.

Sundays are pretty pretty busy there...

The snowboarder said he was 50-100 ft from the top shack and that the lift operator stopped the chair because he saw it but not quick enough to catch the guy? That sounds fishy to me. I get that if you were to have a random collision with someone that you might choose to just ignore it until the end of the day but this guy allegedly tried to kill him by pushing him off the lift. Has there been any corroboration from lift ops or ski area personnel that this even happened. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be reported if a lift op saw someone fall from the chair.

Satetment by Aspen spokesperson:

“This is not the kind of behavior we want on our mountain,”

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

At least on person in the comments claims to have seen the fall imprint on site:

Bill Macgeoghegan · Part time Trolljæger at Troll sikkerhetstjenesten (TST)
    My son and I saw the imprint in the snow from the landing of the snowboarder yesterday afternoon. It does look like one of safest places to fall off the chair, but still it was plenty high up there, and there are lots of rocks under the snow in that location. We were both wondering if someone must have jumped off there when we saw it. It is at the very top of the Lodges Chair. A good reason to use the bar for sure, or at least have your arm wrapped around the back of or part of the chair. Sad to hear about this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    At least on person in the comments claims to have seen the fall imprint on site:
    So some guy comments that he thinks he saw the impact site the day after it happened. That's like someone being a witness to an accident without seeing it.

So chairs in the states don't have that safety bar that goes down in front?

Do you think he found his stash that had fallen from his chair?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Despite their limited use, Aspen has bars on most/all chairs including Loge.

GRskier - how do you feel about the recent rise of rival ski gangs around aspen and this level of violence? Is Rodney too extreme for our town?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I would think the liftie would be required to report that, not just "should have".
    A fall or jump from the chair outside the load and unload area must be reported to the colorado passenger tramway safety board.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    You're not core if you use the bar.

Imagine how this would have gone down in JH where's it's ok to carry.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This would never have happened at Alta.
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    more white on white violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Hanle has a pretty finely tuned bullshit filter. I'm thinking it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    #snowboarderlivesmatter
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Imagine how this would have gone down in JH where's it's ok to carry.
    Guy lost his loaded gun at Jackson Hole this weekend too!

Just posting in this epic thread waiting to find out who did it.....they have cameras I imagine at the load area and can match up the dude and the pusher.

Investigation in progress.

No ruining a pow day for a snowboarder........

great comments...
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Ever watch a boarder chase a skier uphill?
    me either
    Sure. I've had splitters chase me up hill many times.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

It's CO, obviously everybody involved was stoned.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot