Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Welcome to Todays youth, and tomorrow's leaders...We're fucked..

Little entitled prick...legally insane is a stretch if I ever heard one...don't they reserve that for like killing spree people?

Meh....fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Welcome to Todays youth, and tomorrow's leaders...We're fucked..
    Right... like yesterday's youth and today's leaders are doing a really great job.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    This isn't anything odd for a ski town, mental cases are a dime a dozen each season, some make it through others go off the deep end

Little johnny is at home having some troubles in life, so he tells mommy and daddy that he is going to the mountains to be a ski bum and find him self. Mommy and daddy think that is a great idea and all the fresh air will help johnny figure out what he needs in life, so they fill up johnnys checking account with endless money and send him on his way. Mommy and Daddy are so fucking stupid they don't realize the amount of shitty coke, the endless drinking, weed and assorted dirt bags johnny will hang out with in the mountains. Johnny stops taking his meds, has a free for all on mommy and daddy's check book and goes off the deep end with all the partying and drinking and drugs.
    So you have a lot of experience with this?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Right... like yesterday's youth and today's leaders are doing a really great job.
    looks to me like it could get way worse in the not to distant future.

Now "get off my lawn"

Hard Knocks in Aspen: Skier pushes snowboarder off chair from 20ft +

looks to me like it could get way worse in the not to distant future.

Now "get off my lawn"
    Trump is a nominee for a political party... So I highly doubt that.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Trump is a nominee for a political party... So I highly doubt that.
    and the other choice is under criminal investigation by the FBI. I don't know that I see your point? Mine is that even as shitty as the 2 current choices are, they are hardly lazy fucks like most of todays 18-25 year olds. Work ethic in general has gone down the shitter. Mommies showing up at interviews. Parents holding teachers accountable for their lazy kids. Participation trophies. Safe spaces...its alll bullshit pussification of america. I for one despise it.

^^ I'm in my mid 30's so I don't qualify as part of the generation you're speaking of (in other words I'm not being defensive), but did you ever consider that the media likes to focus on those stories and it doesn't really represent an accurate portrait of reality? My company has hired some of those lazy 20-25 year olds and more often than not they're working their asses off. And are super efficient.

Every generation pulls this stuff. People forget about those generation X slackers, as many were labeled. Reality Bites, etc.

Agree about the participation trophy stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I'm in my mid 30's so I don't qualify as part of the generation you're speaking of (in other words I'm not being defensive), but did you ever consider that the media likes to focus on those stories and it doesn't really represent an accurate portrait of reality? My company has hired some of those lazy 20-25 year olds and more often than not they're working their asses off. And are super efficient.

Every generation pulls this stuff. People forget about those generation X slackers, as many were labeled. Reality Bites, etc.

Agree about the participation trophy stuff, though.
    What about lazy Generation Me? The fucking baby boomers are hands-down the laziest and most entitled generation this country has ever produced. Truth be told the gen x people as well as the "old" millennials work longer hours, have higher age-adjusted labor force participation, do fewer drugs, have fewer sexual partners, less vd, and lower rates of teenage pregnancy. Other than that, they are lazy and entitled.

Boomers will continue to bitch about how great they are and how everyone else sucks. Because, as a group, they're pricks who have done so their whole lives. Their parents (those who are still living) will tell you they heard the same bullshit tone wrapped around a different set of gripes when these assholes were teenagers.

and the other choice is under criminal investigation by the FBI. I don't know that I see your point? Mine is that even as shitty as the 2 current choices are, they are hardly lazy fucks like most of todays 18-25 year olds. Work ethic in general has gone down the shitter. Mommies showing up at interviews. Parents holding teachers accountable for their lazy kids. Participation trophies. Safe spaces...its alll bullshit pussification of america. I for one despise it.
    Sounds to me like you're complaining about your generation. The parents. The kids didn't demand this and even if they did, they were kids. Look in the mirror if you want to complain about pussification.

winnetka IL

mansions

like from a movie
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

the pussification of america. I for one despise it.
    ^ amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Sounds to me like you're complaining about your generation. The parents. The kids didn't demand this and even if they did, they were kids. Look in the mirror if you want to complain about pussification.

Naaaa i'd never ask my mommy to come to my interview and explain why i should get a job, nor would i ever even think of doing it for either of my kids...When I was a kid if i got a bad parent teacher conference that shit came down on ME, not my teacher. I have more than a dozen teacher friends and they all say the same thing. They hate parent teacher conferences because its like a free for all on their skills and no blame at all taken by the parents or children. you learn at HOME first.

I expect my kids to get part times jobs when they are of age. I had one from the day i was allowed to get "working papers" at 13. Havent been unemployed for more than a couple months since that age. My kids arent old enough to be in that age bracket yet. I'm only 45. I started way late (kids 8 and 4)...who knows what they'll call my kids generation, but I can assure my kids will know what winners and losers are, and how you work for what you get in life.

It is finished! - http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/171944

"An Aspen judge Monday formally adopted the finding that the man who pushed another man off a ski lift in January was insane at the time."

"Proesel, who immediately went under psychiatric care after the chairlift incident, was remanded Monday into the custody of the Colorado Mental Health Institute. He is to have a conditional release evaluation within 182 days, Judge Seldin said, citing state law."

Work ethic in general has gone down the shitter. Mommies showing up at interviews. Parents holding teachers accountable for their lazy kids. Participation trophies. Safe spaces...its alll bullshit pussification of america. I for one despise it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Seems to me there's a lot of selfishness entitlement in all the generations right now. But what does that have to do with a mentally ill person pushing someone off a chairlift. Other than the fact that if your family has money you can be a ski bum instead of a shopping cart person.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    maybe lol

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Seems to me there's a lot of selfishness entitlement in all the generations right now. But what does that have to do with a mentally ill person pushing someone off a chairlift. Other than the fact that if your family has money you can be a ski bum instead of a shopping cart person.
    Or that your family can pay people off to save you from the place you're really supposed to be for being an asshole? Listen I dont know the dude personally and I didnt get to see his psych eval, just really wreaks of "rich brat" to me thats all...he could indeed be crazy..he has to be in at least some way as no truly sane person does something like that unless its life or death.

its just like my opinion man #armchair

Most poor and mentally ill end up behind bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Or in the hospital and in many cases, the ICU. To then be remitted back to the streets where they are destined to repeat the cycle. A couple years ago, a body was discovered in the spring up on our bench area. After identification it was discovered that he had been released from our ED, in february, at night, in what ended up being the last of a string of visits for mental health crises.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Or on TGR. It's the cheap version of institutionalizing folks.

"I didn't Fall off ,............Really....some p p p p pushed me"- get fukin Real!"
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    It begins.

YOU mORONS KNOW ,YOU CAN DERAIL THE CHAIR OFF THE TOWER! _DUMBASS
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    It begins.

that's why you don't put your poles under your thigh but keep them in your hands where they can be deployed as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Boomers will continue to bitch about how great they are and how everyone else sucks. Because, as a group, they're pricks who have done so their whole lives. Their parents (those who are still living) will tell you they heard the same bullshit tone wrapped around a different set of gripes when these assholes were teenagers.
    Meh... I pretty much worked for whatever I got. Grew up in nice suburban town (cough, cough), but I paid for all my shit, skis, motorcycle, etc, even fours years of college. And I don't go around tooting that shit all over the place (just the internet, thx ).

As far as Boomers referring to your generation as lazy, I would never say that. Hardly. I realize it's not much different than when we were growing up... you have to hustle if you want something. I hire many college kids each summer and have probably had 100-200 over the last thirty years. It's like any group... some totally suck and some are awesome. I would never make that generalization.

And the funny thing is, I have former employees (your generation), now hiring me to do their shit. They know I will do it well, since they spent four years or so working for me. And they have worked their way up in someplace like EMC, so they can afford it, lol.

It seems, the old generation has actually let things slide a bit... but I am doing my best to leave it a little better than we found it. Circle of life is a long strange trip, but I will sure as shit do whatever I can to make sure Trump is not our next President.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

every generation has always complained about every other generation since hominids got the ability to speak, whenever that was.