Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Anyone mentioned the taco truck in the Pbville Safeway/True Value parking lot? I can’t pass through without stopping anymore. Legit. Jamon torta = manna from heaven.
    I believe it has been mentioned and yes, it is money.

Don’t know if 2brothers deli in Idaho Springs has been mentioned but that place is great for a quick sandwich when passing through. Been stopping there for years and the ladies are always super nice.

Stopped at Tommyknocker the other day after not going in for a while. They are still making good food and beer. Westbound and Down/ Buffalo is nice but it is good to switch it up and go back to the classic every once in a while.

Tommy's nut brown ale paired with their (huge) fish and chips is a very good way to end a ski day.

I like Westbound, but its just not as cozy as the bar at Tommyknockers.

If you're in G-town, Guanella pass brewery's beers are solid. The food situation is fucky -- okay but slow italian from down the block. Recommend getting take out at the new Vietnamese place and bringing along with ya.

I miss the little Euro place that was where the pho place is now. Also miss the Red Ram. Used to meet the grand parents there on fridays for fish and chips.
    Guanella pass Brewing is ok. Agreed on the food situation. They also won’t fill growlers only their Crowlers. Seems kinda dumb to turn down sales in a little place like Gtown.

I went to Guanella Pass Brewery last month and found their beer (IPA's) overpriced and meh. It was beer but nothing that I would return for.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I went to Guanella Pass Brewery last month and found their beer (IPA's) overpriced and meh. It was beer but nothing that I would return for.
    I don't usually drink IPAs so maybe depends on what they're making.

Solid -- not particularly great.

Btw. Why is this thread in the weather forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas in Avon, for après Beav tacos/tortas/etc. FKNA.

Can confirm. Legit. Chek tacos are NOT Czech meat.

Pro-tip: don't order the Horchata for lunch if you plan to climb the Beaver Creek access road to ride Paulie's Plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    <snip> Recommend getting take out at the new Vietnamese place and bringing along with ya.
    Does this place have banh mi?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Don’t know if 2brothers deli in Idaho Springs has been mentioned but that place is great for a quick sandwich when passing through. Been stopping there for years and the ladies are always super nice.
    Yeah, super nice staff (Alta, I think, is the name of the lady who is always there?). And their breakfast burrito is a great way to start your day, it's HUDGE.

Haha, that is a good question. Seems like this forum is a little hideaway for Colorado mags; the I-70 bitch thread doesn't really belong here either (FWIW, I think the fact that the I-70 thread is here is what led to this thread being here too EDIT: looked at the OP, and yep, that's the reason).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, super nice staff (Alta, I think, is the name of the lady who is always there?). And their breakfast burrito is a great way to start your day, it's HUDGE.
    Agree - whenever I head up to the high country for a ride, I try to drop by. Their burritos are enough for breakfast *and* an on-trail lunch. Mmmmm... sausage and green chile...

Main st cafe in IS is pretty darn awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Agree - whenever I head up to the high country for a ride, I try to drop by. Their burritos are enough for breakfast *and* an on-trail lunch. Mmmmm... sausage and green chile...
    It’s a six egg burrito...that place is my jam

Marion’s of the Rockies, Idaho Springs

50 Burger in Salida was pretty good. It's a little off 285 (on Hwy 50, duh), but only a few miles. Kinda pricey though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    50 Burger in Salida was pretty good. It's a little off 285 (on Hwy 50, duh), but only a few miles. Kinda pricey though.
    too pricey for a damn burger. If your that way Id go to Boathouse Cantina (my friends wife is the GM) or Hunger Trailer in Poncha.

See post #1. It was a spin-off of the I-70 Bitch thread.

Now that the highway's closed, what's good to eat around here?

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-14-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks for the information

Went to beaujos in IS, cause the kids wanted to, and we hadn’t been there in years. Parked right across the street. Got a parking ticket because I didn’t know you had to pay for parking now

Going to smoke yard next time.

Ha, I just check this thread to see if Beaujeau's was mentioned. Still free if you eat enough?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Went to beaujos in IS, cause the kids wanted to, and we hadn’t been there in years. Parked right across the street. Got a parking ticket because I didn’t know you had to pay for parking now

Going to smoke yard next time.
    Had the same experience last year and posted about it in the "Shit that annoys you" thread. Went to West Bound and Down, spent about 50 bucks and came out to a parking ticket. I emailed the mayor about it I was so pissed. Been stopping and spending money in IS for 30 years and now I refuse. I'm sure they'll be fine without me, but fuck those mother fuckers.

PS. I thought the Guanella pass brewing in Empire had great Detroit style pizza and free parking.

Colorado Maggot Approved Places to Eat Along I-70, 285, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Been stopping and spending money in IS for 30 years and now I refuse. I'm sure they'll be fine without me, but fuck those mother fuckers.
    My thoughts exactly.

Guanella Pass brewing in Empire? Shouldn’t that be Berthoud Pass brewing? I guess its just an expansion of the Georgetown brewery. Gotta get those people stuck on US 40 as well as the people stuck on I-70.

That reminds me, i got a speeding ticket in Empire in the 80s, now I have a parking ticket in Idaho Springs, if i get busted selling cocaine in Aspen I’ll have the law infraction trifecta.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Guanella Pass brewing in Empire? Shouldn’t that be Berthoud Pass brewing? I guess its just an expansion of the Georgetown brewery. Gotta get those people stuck on US 40 as well as the people stuck on I-70.
    Yeah, it is in the old Hard Rock spot I think. Good stopping spot for WP skiers I guess. Their beer is OK.

Colorado Maggot Approved Places to Eat Along I-70, 285, etc

Oh look, there is a $4 credit card convenience fee while paying my Idaho Springs parking violation

Name:  IStic.png
Views: 397
Size:  14.7 KB
    Last edited by This End Up; 11-14-2022 at 09:58 PM.

There is still free parking in IS. It's just 3 whole blocks away from downtown...