Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Craftsman in Edwards has solid burgers and tap list. But somewhat Beaver-Creekish prices.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Craftsman in Edwards has solid burgers and tap list. But somewhat Beaver-Creekish prices.
    Been there a few times. Very good, very expensive for what you get anyway. I feel like it's worth it to visit every once in a while though.

For breakfast it's hard to beat the Butterhorn Bakery in Frisco. Amazing food. Been going though since I moved to Colorado in 94.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemark Girl View Post
    For breakfast it's hard to beat the Butterhorn Bakery in Frisco. Amazing food. Been going though since I moved to Colorado in 94.
    Perfect timing on this suggestion as I’ll be in Frisco starting Friday night. Thanks!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemark Girl View Post
    My wife loves the Almond Croissants

Rocky Mountain Taco

Rocky Mountain Taco truck in Eagle-Vail. Get the Alhambre burrito. 8 bucks well spent. It's also right next to a Native Roots and Vail Brewing Company. You can kill a lot of time there. I call it the holy trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Icculus13 View Post
    Rocky Mountain Taco truck in Eagle-Vail. Get the Alhambre burrito. 8 bucks well spent. It's also right next to a Native Roots and Vail Brewing Company. You can kill a lot of time there. I call it the holy trinity
    Sucking down burritos, beers and buds to kill time....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Icculus13 View Post
    Mmmm... tacos. nom nom nom.

Chronic Tacos in Avon isn’t bad either. Rocky MTB Taco has a truck near the gondola in Avon too.

Has anyone been to Caretta Vieja, a little east of Aspen Park? And how about that joint that's where Kermit's used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Chronic Tacos in Avon isn’t bad either. Rocky MTB Taco has a truck near the gondola in Avon too.
    Chronic is gonzo. Have a legit messican joint in there now that is geared toward the mariscos...primarily sit down. Think it's the brother of another local joint. Just a tad pricier but good.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Chronic is gonzo. Have a legit messican joint in there now that is geared toward the mariscos...primarily sit down. Think it's the brother of another local joint. Just a tad pricier but good.
    Yeah, they've been gone for a few months (my post was from March). Haven't checked out the new place but will soon.
    Avon has a few pretty good spots now. Benders Burgers is decent, owned/operated by the folks from Northside.

The Mexican place that replaced Chronic is excellent. From mariscos, aguachile, to micheladas, top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly44 View Post
    Has anyone been to Caretta Vieja, a little east of Aspen Park? And how about that joint that's where Kermit's used to be?
    I grabbed a burger at the place f/k/a Kermit's about a month ago. It was decent, and that place is basically the same as it used to be.

I was sad to notice that Westfalen Hof up Coal Creek Canyon closed the last time I drove by.

I will also throw out there that Genesee Pub and Barbecue is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by PaDuKa View Post
    I was sad to notice that Westfalen Hof up Coal Creek Canyon closed the last time I drove by.
    thought that opened back up this spring as a bar and grill? will have to go check it out.

^^^ yep, last stand tavern. http://laststandtavern.com/

looks like I'll have to stop in for a beer and a game

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    thought that opened back up this spring as a bar and grill? will have to go check it out.
    I drive up that way once a week all summer. It is indeed open and a bar and grill now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haven't been in awhile, but Bull & Bush in Denver (Wash Park) always made the best Eggs Taos!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A little off the beaten path but Pura Vida in Vallecito kills it. Unfortunately it's only open in summer.

Honorable mention to Derailed Pour House and Old Tymer's in Durango.
    The Sheriff is near!

Old Tymers is still there? Shit, I ate many a taco there on taco Tuesdays in the 90s.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone mentioned the taco truck in the Pbville Safeway/True Value parking lot? I can’t pass through without stopping anymore. Legit. Jamon torta = manna from heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I drive up that way once a week all summer. It is indeed open and a bar and grill now.
    Yeah. I knew it was a bar now but I have not stopped in. Westfalen Haf was just a cool random little place to have a legit German restaurant. I think it was for sale for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Old Tymers is still there? Shit, I ate many a taco there on taco Tuesdays in the 90s.
    Still there but Friday is taco night now.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, they've been gone for a few months (my post was from March). Haven't checked out the new place but will soon.
    Avon has a few pretty good spots now. Benders Burgers is decent, owned/operated by the folks from Northside.
    But the Vail NS location you get free bacon if you want...hopefully still. Haven't been by in a bit for whatever reason.
    Benders is pretty good...and you can get free ice cream if you note when their shirts have a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Still there but Friday is taco night now.
    It may have been Fridays back then too, it was 20-25 years ago, and taco Tuesday kinda rolls off the tongue.

And $3 after 3 at the N'side location.