Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    Does that spot see much traffic? Every time I pass by there it's a ghost town, they spent over a year and a million dollars renovating (not to mention they were closed during renovations) and I wonder if they've even come close to earning an ROI
    It always has a chill but steady flow of customers through the afternoon and I had a hard time getting a seat maybe once. It does have a slightly "sterile" vibe which I actually enjoy--it is clean and spacious. Food and beer are really good, service is sometimes slow but always friendly. Last time I was there with some friends the service was understaffed and took awhile, and they ending up taking the $24 of drinks off the bill. I'm not into the 'dining' side but like sitting at the bar or a communal table and chatting with other people about the adventures of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Ralbertitos in glenwood
    Jilbertitos... but yeah. Spicy. Be sure to grab a few of the roasted serranos they put out on the counter for "garnish."

Oh - and don't know if it's been mentioned, but Pepe Osaka's in WP. Goddam are those some good tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas in Avon, for après Beav tacos/tortas/etc. FKNA.

Mmmm... pastor. And I hope ta hell they mean "cheek meat" and not "Czech meat" - 'cause Czech meat - no beuno.

whoa, bacon boy posting on the TGRZ.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by tommykelly View Post
    It always has a chill but steady flow of customers through the afternoon and I had a hard time getting a seat maybe once. It does have a slightly "sterile" vibe which I actually enjoy--it is clean and spacious. Food and beer are really good, service is sometimes slow but always friendly. Last time I was there with some friends the service was understaffed and took awhile, and they ending up taking the $24 of drinks off the bill. I'm not into the 'dining' side but like sitting at the bar or a communal table and chatting with other people about the adventures of the day.
    Similar to my experiences at WBAD. Yeah -- different vibe than Idaho Springs. But frankly after a weekend of dirtbaggery in the mtns sometimes clean and orderly is nice.

A bit pricey for the area. But the food is typically better than other places nearby. And beer is a step up from Tommyknockers. If you like their beer also check out Hogshead down in Denver -- same brewer, different days of the week.

I've also noticed a few spots down in Denver carrying WBAD kegs which probably helps float them a little cash.

The Rose in Edwards. The "notorious p.i.g." is delicious.

Simple spoon in BV. DANK sandwiches...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Simple spoon in BV. DANK sandwiches...
    Sweeties in Salida, if you are going to venture off that far from 70 for the dank sammie.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

But if you want pizza...go to Amica's.

Blue moon bakery in Silverthorne hit the spot well this morning. Bagel sandwich or breakfast special.

We like Avon bakery in Avon as well when we're out that way. Kind of a bitch to park at though.

Posted by Summit in this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...County-CO-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Most people I know think that place has the worst breakfast in the county, and I agree with them.

Here is a short list of places that are way way way better than that bland little grease factory:

Blue Moon
    Bread and Salt
    Butterhorn
    Mtn Lyon
    Sunshine
    Haywood
    Inxpot
    Haywood
    Loveland Ski Areas cafeteria (ultimate winner is to bring a burrito from Blue Moon here and put their green chile on the burrito)
    Abasin's cafeteia
    Anywhere in Breck
    Anywhere in Copper

Einsteins is way better than Log Cabin.

Shit, I'd go get a breakfast burrito at Safeway before Log Cabin.

I'd drive to Kremmling and eat at the Moose before Log Cabin.

The hospital makes a better breakfast than Log Cabin.

I'll have some cereal at home before Log Cabin.

How are they still in business?
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I miss the Claimjumper, but the Log Cabin isn't that bad. I think Butterhorn sucks personally, but maybe it's just the vibe. Log Cabin is just kinda traditional midwestern kinda breakfast. Nothing fancy, and I kinda like that about it, plus it is pretty cheap for a sit down place on main st.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    We like Avon bakery in Avon as well when we're out that way. Kind of a bitch to park at though.
    Park at BK next door. Always open spots away from the Starbucks crowd.

Columbine Bakery across from City Market does a damn fine lunch too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Anybody have good suggestions for mid ranged priced places to eat in Aspen ?

This has probably been said somewhere, but Snowpack Taproom along 285 has some good post ride or ski brews on tap. Free pool, ping pong, video games for the kids and some beach volleyball as well.

Where's that?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Where's that?
    West of conifer proper, east of Kings Valley Drive, on the S. side of 285.

Do they have food, just realized you didn't mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Do they have food, just realized you didn't mention that.
    Minimal. Some BBQ a few days a week, soup, i think some sandwhiches and light snacks. I believe they're also cool with bringing some in.

They definitely have beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas in Avon, for après Beav tacos/tortas/etc. FKNA.

I am torn between the obvious legitimacy of the menu and the sheer disregard for using spellcheck.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

They spell they Messican words right. That's all that counts.

I don't remember seeing the Dam Brewery on the list at least not lately. Happy hour 4 to 6 has $3.50 pints and half price apps.

Was pretty good food yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I don't remember seeing the Dam Brewery on the list at least not lately. Happy hour 4 to 6 has $3.50 pints and half price apps.

Was pretty good food yesterday.
    I concur, I go there often.

Dam is decent, often a crew of chatty folks in there. HH is only Sun-Thurs I believe? Nachos can feed two for $6 on HH. Worlds better beer than Backcountry in Frisco, although that new hip joint over by Whole foods is brewing some decent stuff.

Plus they've been real friendly about let people who drink too many sleep it off in their parking lot.

Interesting... historically the Dam Brewery has had "meh" beers at best.

Would be nice if that has changed...