Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Went to westbound and down in Idaho Springs. Nice spot, with good beers, brewed onsite by a brewer who comes up from from Hogshead in Denver. Lamb-burger was great too. Service had a strange attitude toward patrons, but it was getting late and they said they all were having a bad night. Uppity decor, little too fancy for Idaho Springs. Not a bad stop though, nice to have a new restaurant to stop at half way home.

Agreed on Wayne's having the best BBQ I've had in CO. What about Dairy King in Empire?

Wayne's x4. Maybe they should open one on I-70 for breakfast BBQ? Think they would sell out by 6:45am?

Wish Wayne's was open for more than just lunch...

What about it?
    Good inexpensive flat top burgers. See if you can get the owner to crack a smile. Bring cash.

Lewis Sweet Shop has better milkshakes. The food is a little more expensive but more variety. Good hippy ski place vibe with classic ficks usually playing. If you have the time, Jenny's is the best restaurant in Empire. Prime Rib sandwich recommended.

Colorado Maggot Approved Places to Eat Along I-70, 285, etc

Georgia Boys [longmont] > Wayne's IMHO. Burnt ends for the win...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Georgia Boys [longmont] > Wayne's IMHO. Burnt ends for the win...
    Maybe for some things, not for ribs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The burnt ends are great, but get there early. Same for the mac n cheese it seems. Seems like half the time I go they are out.

Apparently they're moving just across 3rd and are going to start brewing their own beer.

Bump! I'll be in Durango and telluride this week and would love some affordable suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Bump! I'll be in Durango and telluride this week and would love some affordable suggestions
    If you're passing through Ouray, Maggie's burgers and Grumpypants brewery is a great stop. Be sure to bring cash as I don't think either accept credit cards.

In Telluride, the two pizza places, Brown Dog and High Pie are pretty decent and not too expensive from what I remember.

It's been years, but I always loved the College Drive Cafe in Durango for breakfasts (though I still call it the Meeting Place). Oscars or Carvers were other good breakfast spots.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone have a recommendation for lunch in Leadville? Something with a little history downtown would be nice.

Wouldn't any place in the center of Leadville be old/historical?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Wouldn't any place in the center of Leadville be old/historical?
    Not necessarily and the food might suck. I'm trying to find one that is and doesn't.

Tennessee Pass Cafe.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Tennessee Pass Cafe.
    serviceable.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Buy from a food cart then eat at the Scarlet across the street.

Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas in Avon, for après Beav tacos/tortas/etc. FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    DW's 285 Diner in Conifer for breakfast. Good, friendly staff and vibe.
    Is this the place right next to a Chipotle or Q'Doba? Had a breakfest burrito from there once, take away. Not bad, but for $10.99 it should have come with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone got a good grab and go breakfast option on 285 heading out of the front range? We're leaving Boulder tmw morning around 6 or 6:30am, we could hit the bagel place in Golden but wondering what options there are along 285, like in Conifer. King Soopers and Safeway are always options, of course, but a breakfast sammy or burrito from someplace good would be preferable.
    I recently found a decent and reasonably priced breakfast burrito at Cabin Creek Smokehouse BBQ in Conifer. Found it by accident as we were filling up at the gas station next to it. A pretty standard gringo sort of thing, but $5 and plenty filling. I've often wanted a quick decent breakfast near Conifer and this seems alright. Big Daddy Bagels is tastier though IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can't help on parking, but there is a taco cart on the main drag in green river that you should hit up.

This post is relevant to my interests.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    This post is relevant to my interests.
    If you know no se, which is my local, then it should be. Tip of the sombrero to you.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Ralbertitos in glenwood

Eagle Diner - always good for lots of good food and service to fill you up before a hut or backpacking trip.

Went to Tommy knockers in Idaho Springs the other day, their food and menu are greatly improved in the past five years.

Others I would recommend ....Dillon dam, lost Cajun in Frisco. Mountain lyon cafe in Silverthorne .

Sunshine Cafe in Silverthorne is good.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I go to Westbound and Down Brewery in Idaho Springs nearly every time I head back to Denver from the mountains via I-70. Cool spot, good beer and food.

Colorado Maggot Approved Places to Eat Along I-70, 285, etc

Quote Originally Posted by tommykelly View Post
    I go to Westbound and Down Brewery in Idaho Springs nearly every time I head back to Denver from the mountains via I-70. Cool spot, good beer and food.
    Does that spot see much traffic? Every time I pass by there it's a ghost town, they spent over a year and a million dollars renovating (not to mention they were closed during renovations) and I wonder if they've even come close to earning an ROI

Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    Does that spot see much traffic? Every time I pass by there it's a ghost town, they spent over a year and a million dollars renovating (not to mention they were closed during renovations) and I wonder if they've even come close to earning an ROI
    It's funny, the new spot just doesn't feel right to me. The buffalo side is still on point albeit different, but the WBAD side is a little too sterile. Weird for Idaho Springs. Service has been on and off. Like either spectacular, or non-existent. Hope it is getting better. Beers have been good all along. Chicken fried chicken platter=excellent.