Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Silt Cafe is a good balance of price, portions and flavor.
    Plus, how do you screw up breakfast
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 01-22-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Punky's for BBQ in BV. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Breakfast in Vail is Westside or Northside in Avon
    Or Route 6 in Eagle Vail for the Full Monty eggs bene.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Or Route 6 in Eagle Vail for the Full Monty eggs bene.
    Forgot that one somehow....drool
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

High Mountain Pies in Leadville. Usually perfect timing for calorie replenishing on the way home from Taos or CB.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    High Mountain Pies in Leadville. Usually perfect timing for calorie replenishing on the way home from Taos or CB.
    Yes, or the taco truck in front of safeway.

fuck yes for the torta truck
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haven't been in over a year but I like stopping at the Bucksnort Saloon near Pine. Good beer and atmosphere. Food and service is eh

Not sure if it qualifies but the Blue Cow in Morrison is great. It's under new ownership now and they changed the name to just "The Cow" but it will always be the Blue Cow to me. Oh, and the Morrison Inn isn't too bad either for Mexican.
    The Sheriff is near!

Speaking of torta trucks, Tacos Kareli (the yellow food truck) in front of CVS and next to City Market in GWS is the bomb. Incredibly authentic tortas.

Peppinos New York Style Pizza is BOMB. They have a location in GWS and Carbondale.

Anyone got a good grab and go breakfast option on 285 heading out of the front range? We're leaving Boulder tmw morning around 6 or 6:30am, we could hit the bagel place in Golden but wondering what options there are along 285, like in Conifer. King Soopers and Safeway are always options, of course, but a breakfast sammy or burrito from someplace good would be preferable.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Unless there's something new or that I haven't heard of, there isn't anything worthwhile in Conifer for breakfast. Java Moose in Fairplay has good burritos but that's pretty far. I'd stop in Golden.

^ Hog Heaven in Bailey. Not sure what time they open.
    All of the various smoked meats are the bomb, buy by the quart and build your own. Don't skip the sweet potato fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    ^ Hog Heaven in Bailey. Not sure what time they open.
    All of the various smoked meats are the bomb, buy by the quart and build your own. Don't skip the sweet potato fries.
    that would be a great breakfast stop, but I doubt that they're open, and Snowbeard's a veggiematarian.

went with Big Daddy bagels, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Speaking of torta trucks, Tacos Kareli (the yellow food truck) in front of CVS and next to City Market in GWS is the bomb. Incredibly authentic tortas.
    They are no longer there. It's not entirely clear but the rumor is Rite Aid corporate showed up and did not appreciate a taco truck in the parking lot out front.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    They are no longer there. It's not entirely clear but the rumor is Rite Aid corporate showed up and did not appreciate a taco truck in the parking lot out front.
    It was in the papers at one point... that place was slammed with kids at lunch break.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Sonofabitch. I missed that memo. I bet they have a new home. Question is where?

Ate at the new Buffalo twice in the last week. Was good both times... A little overpriced, but the food and service were both good, and the menu was interesting, if not a mile long. Nice to finally have a place in IS that I might be willing to eat in on the regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

So, I've given The Alpine in two tries so far …

First try (5:30pm arrival): not so bad - friendly waitress, good service (the place was packed at about 5:30 but they were handling the load well), nice atmosphere and an "ok" to good pie. I should have asked about gluten free, but that was my mistake.

Second try (3pm arrival)
    : 8 minute wait to get seated. Overworked server running from tables to bar (to mix drinks) to cash register. I got a bad feeling about this …

Me (trying to break the ice): "it looks has if you're a bit short handed today".
    Her: "Oh no! We're just busy".

About 15 minutes later, another gal showed up and worked the bar. Were they no longer busy or just not shorthanded anymore? Whatever …

I ordered a gluten free pie, and it might as well have come with a note from the cook, saying "fuck you, gluten free hippie/veg-head". The crust was burned and there were hardly any ingredients on the pie (in comparison with the same "glutinated" pie I had the previous visit).

I really wanted to like this place, but getting up-charged for gluten free while getting short-changed on ingredients, but with bonus charcoal crust? Fool me twice (ok ... only once). Not for me.

Back to Mountain Buzz, where I've never been disappointed.

… Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I've always stopped at some hole in the wall diner in Saguache that's pretty good. If I'm driving to Wolfy, it's right about breakfast time when I hit it. Usually a bunch of farmers just sitting around drinking coffee. Exactly like a spot my grampa used to hang out at. The food is marginal but whatever.
    DDB:
    Hey I tried to bring an out of town visitor by the brewery last week and there was line out the door and cars parked everywhere including christys , the street , just everywhere....

I've been bit of homebody not party party and not out and about, but what the hell is up over there? free beer?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    DDB:
    Hey I tried to bring an out of town visitor by the brewery last week and there was line out the door and cars parked everywhere including christys , the street , just everywhere....

I've been bit of homebody not party party and not out and about, but what the hell is up over there? free beer?
    Your boy gave me a discount code and it didn't work. What's up with that???

It has always blown my mind too. Place is just busy. Try lunch next time. Or early Happy hour. Avoid weekends.

Good food at reasonable prices, very good beer. Very good. Try their limited run drafts.