Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    A maggot brews the beer at Dillon Dam Brewery. Food is just OK, but he's doing a kickass job with the beer so it's always worth a stop.
    X2. Good beer and atmosphere. Brewmaster is a good guy. Hope to make turns with him next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    This thread probably belongs in the padded room but it's not like I give a fuck.

Not right off I-70 but for the few mags who frequent Winter Park.... Pepe Osakas Fishtaco Tequila Bar & Grill

Incredible food and great margs. Small joint though, so be prepared to wait a bit for a table on a busy night.
    Never been, but have heard good things.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why limit this to I-70? Hell of a lot harder to find good food in Fairplay or BV...

The thread title was the result of spin-off from the I-70 bitch thread. Adding 285, etc. would be cool. I don't think a thread can be re-titled?

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Not food as in a restaurant but that goat farm/cheese place in BV is GOOD cheese.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Another vote for the Dam in Dillon, one of my all time favs.

For b-fast, Sunshine Cafe also in Dillon and the Hard Rock in Empire are muy bien. (That's very good for those of you who don't habla)
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Slope and hatch in GWS is good tacos!
    GWS has got some great food spots.

Grind has some amazing burgers
    Pullman is just awesome
    Slope and hatch
    smoke
    etc...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

i like the subway in idaho springs, picnic tables right by the river.

Decent cafe in Saguache, think it's called 4th street cafe.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Decent cafe in Saguache, think it's called 4th street cafe.
    I'm sure it's great but a bit of a detour off of I-70?
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Why limit this to I-70? Hell of a lot harder to find good food in Fairplay or BV...
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The thread title was the result of spin-off from the I-70 bitch thread. Adding 285, etc. would be cool. I don't think a thread can be re-titled?

Cheers,
    Thom
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    I'm sure it's great but a bit of a detour off of I-70?
    See new thread title.

See new thread title.
    I stand corrected. Will have to check it out next time I'm driving back to the FR from La Plata.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    I stand corrected. Will have to check it out next time I'm driving back to the FR from La Plata.
    It wasn't amazing or anything, and not super fast (so not a good stop if you're in a hurry) but it's such a food wasteland on that drive, that it is nice to pull off/away from the highway into a sleepy town, and settle into a warm comfy place with decent food.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-21-2016 at 01:17 PM.

It wasn't amazing or anything, and not super fast (so not a good stop if you're in a hurry) but it's such a food wasteland on that drive, that it is nice to pull off/away from the highway into a sleep town, and settle into a warm comfy place with decent food.
    Wasteland is a good description. I'm sure there are others along the route though, I know there's a burger joint in Del Norte that looked pretty good but like you said the stopping part is tough, always seems like I'm in a big fucking hurry.
    The Sheriff is near!

There used to be some decent food in Villa Grove too, in the back of that little store, but I haven't stopped there in ages. Good burgers at the Malt Shoppe in South Fork (not to be confused with the one in Pagosa) many years ago, but also haven't stopped there in ages.

Had one of the worst meals of my life at Coyote Cantina in Johnson Village, don't stop there.

Colorado Maggot Approved Places to Eat Along I-70, 285, etc

Had one of the worst meals of my life at Coyote Cantina in Johnson Village, don't stop there.
    Really??

I ate there for breakfast back in May the morning before I went whitewater rafting.

The breakfast food was pretty damn good and the bloody marys were ON POINT.

Everyone in my party seemed to have enjoyed breakfast there.

Maybe lunch and dinner is different?

I eat there all the time, you get a ton of decent food for not a lot of money.

It's not amazing or anything, but I think you just had bad luck.

Ok, maybe I'll give it another try when I'm not driving with the wife, you'd have to pay her to step foot in there again. I had a couple of meals there that fit adrenelated's description, so yeah, maybe it was just one terrible one.

I've always stopped at some hole in the wall diner in Saguache that's pretty good. If I'm driving to Wolfy, it's right about breakfast time when I hit it. Usually a bunch of farmers just sitting around drinking coffee. Exactly like a spot my grampa used to hang out at. The food is marginal but whatever.

There used to be some decent food in Villa Grove too, in the back of that little store, but I haven't stopped there in ages. Good burgers at the Malt Shoppe in South Fork (not to be confused with the one in Pagosa) many years ago, but also haven't stopped there in ages.

There green chili used to be serviceable.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    Coming back Friday my daughter and I stopped at the Westbound and Down place in Idaho Springs. When I walked in I was more than a hair shocked, place is wildly out of place for Idaho Springs. The beer needs to come around for sure, maybe they'll get there. I'm sure the dude that owns Tommyknockers will want to at least steam clean his carpets.
    I stopped in there once, its very fresh and very clean. Tried their beer sampler with 2 IPAs, 1 Pale and 1 Stout. The Pale/IPAs were interesting but maybe a bit harsh for the typical I-70 traveler. They'll need a sugary Fat Tire clone to keep the masses happy. The Stout however is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Quincys Steak & Spirits in Salida, get the prime rib.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Quincys Steak & Spirits in Salida, get the prime rib.
    Also one in Pbville, and possibly BV IIRC?

X3 on so-so food at Dillon Dam Brewery, but good beer and place.

DW's 285 Diner in Conifer for breakfast. Good, friendly staff and vibe.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Breakfast in Vail is Westside or Northside in Avon
    ROLL TIDE ROLL