Thread: SLC partners

SLC partners

Anyone able to get out during the week? I don't work mondays and wednesdays this month. I would have to be back at the car at 2pm since I have class at 3:30pm.

Hey man I need partners in slc too and I'm usually free at some point during the week. I work in Park City, usually scheduled at 2 or 3 if working pm shift, so I need to be at the car before 2 sometimes. I'm off this Monday and trying to get out for a tour if conditions are right. Stay in touch, shoot me a pm, we can work something out.

SLC partners

I'm free to ski most weekdays and live in SLC. Let me know!

Hey,

I'll be heading down to SLC this weekend (02/06/2016) from Jackson Hole and will be there for a couple weeks and I am looking for backcountry touring partners. I am good on my skis, have a beacon, shovel, and probe and know how to use them. I just came back from a 16 day winter outdoor educator course in the Absorka mountains with NOLS. I am looking for people to ski with any day of the week but would really like to be skiing most days during the week. Message me if you are interested.

I'm in SLC until Thursday Feb 11. I'm keen to get out each day and do some backcountry stuff. I have the requisite gear, aiare level 1, and will keep up with you. Hit me up if anyone wants to get after it.

I'm flying in Wednesday night and looking to tour the 11th, Thursday. I would like to get into white pine and do something like red baldy if the snowpack starts strengthening. I'm staying with a friend who is working that day so I would need to get picked up from his place in sugar house or a nearby bus stop. Might be able to get dropped off at the bcc park n ride

Bump, looking to get out. Just getting over whats probably the most brutal chest cold I've ever had (thanks smog), but probably going to do a full moon tour tonight or tomorrow night in Grizzly. I've got a pass to Solitude I'd love to use to access grizzly/wolverine.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Bump, looking to get out. Just getting over whats probably the most brutal chest cold I've ever had (thanks smog), but probably going to do a full moon tour tonight or tomorrow night in Grizzly. I've got a pass to Solitude I'd love to use to access grizzly/wolverine.
    should be on the fants booter by 10 pendin if i eave the rig in spruces
    got a visit to my local practioner of dental arts @ 3 so i'm hopin to move quicks
    hes a skier but not a maggot
    you fuckers were to weird for him
    the L9 transferable shop passes sit in a file cabnit most weekdays
    ifin you need a free soli vert hook ups lemme knows
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In Salt Lake City right now, but I'm not sure for how long. I would love to go touring if anyone is down. I have my Avy 1 and experience in BC and Chile. I dont have a tech setup, but I should be able to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.B.C. View Post
    In Salt Lake City right now, but I'm not sure for how long. I would love to go touring if anyone is down. I have my Avy 1 and experience in BC and Chile. I dont have a tech setup, but I should be able to keep up.
    I will have a couple weeks free starting next weekend. I've got an avy 2 and a tech setup. So I'm fat and slow, but at least I have lightweight gear, carry a flask and some decent food, and won't let anyone die. Pass at PC, but I'm down for other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I will have a couple weeks free starting next weekend. I've got an avy 2 and a tech setup. So I'm fat and slow, but at least I have lightweight gear, carry a flask and some decent food, and won't let anyone die. Pass at PC, but I'm down for other plans.
    Nevermind. I ditched Utah for the moment to hang out in California. Maybe next time.

Touring Partners Wasatch

I am a student at the U and am looking for reliable partners to get out with both on weekdays and weekends. I tour 3-5 days per week, have taken avy level 3 (need to retake exam in order to get certified) and have a WFR. Give me a shout if your interested in getting out sometime!

cheers,

Nico 617 877 3785

Quote Originally Posted by ryan14410 View Post
    Anyone able to get out during the week? I don't work mondays and wednesdays this month. I would have to be back at the car at 2pm since I have class at 3:30pm.
    Hey man, I also don't work Monday through Wednesday, and I'm generally available anytime during the day 7 day a week (working graveyards). The only issue here is that I'm new to the backcountry so a third partner would be ideal. I've read some avy books, been to some seminars and practiced with my beacon but haven't been on any tours yet. I'm a quick learner and have a solid riding skillset so I don't think I'd hold to many people back. I'd really love to learn from some people with experience and totally respect the fact that I know less than most about the backcountry. I plan on eventually taking any 1 course but with the sgplitboard investment my finances aren't exactly blossoming. Cheers guys, and please send me a message if you're interested in showing me the touring ropes. I'm in good shape btw haha....Matt
    Last edited by DattMilks; 03-30-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Thumbs up ISO touring partners 4/7-4/13

Visiting family in SLC (staying in Park City) from 4/7-4/13 and looking for partners to tour with!
    My wife has issued me a standard 3-day hall pass to ditch the family and go ski and don't want to waste it riding lifts.
    I'm 36yo dude looking for some bro time (sorry ladies), from Fall City (small town east of Seattle that doesn't have an ordinance against my cock-a-doodle-doing rooster), I'm a ski snob (sorry knuckle draggers), fit as *uck but not trying to break speed records/fast and light suffer fests, and I have a beacon, shovel, and probe (and I whole bunch of other cool gear) that I know how to use.
    Looking for experienced partners who know the area and also care about getting home at night.
    I've been touring all season long so in shape and ready to go get after some cool objectives! I wasn't planning on bringing much technical gear (rope, harness, axe, crampons, etc) but happy to bring whatever if it will be needed.
    I mountain bike in the summer...for what that's worth. You won't find me hucking my *hit down the A-Line at Whistler but I'll join your 20+ mile epic ride any day.
    If I've offended you with this post and you're angry sorry about that but if I made you laugh we'll get along great!
    -John
    four-two-five 429 eight-six-seven-two (text messaging makes my world go 'round)
    Last edited by m39104; 04-05-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m39104 View Post
    Visiting family in SLC (staying in Park City) from 4/7-4/13 and looking for partners to tour with!
    My wife has issued me a standard 3-day hall pass to ditch the family and go ski and don't want to waste it riding lifts.
    I'm 36yo dude looking for some bro time (sorry ladies), from Fall City (small town east of Seattle that doesn't have an ordinance against my cock...a-doodle-doing rooster), I'm a ski snob (sorry knuckle draggers), fit as *uck but not trying to break speed records/fast and light suffer fests, and I have a beacon, shovel, and probe (and I whole bunch of other cool gear) that I know how to use.
    Looking for experienced partners who know the area and also care about getting home at night.
    I've been touring all season long so in shape and ready to go get after some cool objectives! I wasn't planning on bringing much technical gear (rope, harness, axe, crampons, etc) but happy to bring whatever if it will be needed.
    I mountain bike in the summer...for what that's worth. You won't find me hucking my *hit down the A-Line at Whistler but I'll join your 20+ mile epic ride any day.
    If I've offended you with this post and you're angry sorry about that but if I made you laugh we'll get along great!
    -John
    four-two-five 429 eight-six-seven-two (text messaging makes my world go 'round)
    Bro time? Ordinance against your cock? A probe that you know how to use?

This reads like a homo seeking same post from Craigslist. You on the downlow PP?

Haha! You would know how one of those read??