Thread: Other Lives

Other Lives

I imagine most of you have heard of them by now, but they've quickly become one of my favorite bands. You can find their music in Sweetgrass Afterglow film as well as Cody Townsend's new flick "Conquering the Useless". I was first introduced when they toured with Radiohead a few years back. Rituals was one of my favorite albums of 2015 and Tamer Animals just can't be fucked with.

Anywho, I think I've built somewhat of a rapport with these guys and they will be playing my humble bar Alleged in Ogden on January 27th. My third time booking them. This will be an intimate show. 200ish guests total. Small room. If you feel like catching it let me know. They're completely bonkers live.

(Song starts at 1:30)
    http://www.sweetgrass-productions.com/afterglow/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMqgeIDJs8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-CopiCz4k

At first listen they didn't really trip my triggers. Gave it a second shot. Interesting stuff. I bet they put on a solid show! The tunes you posted remind me of a mix of Pink Floyd, The National and and My Morning Jacket.

Live is pretty amazing. Each member jumps between 3-5 instruments per song. They've become one of my personal favorites. I have the good fortune of seeing two private rehearsals before the show tomorrow night.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfnGHRVCik0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxTC2NVYaE

Bumpity

Great band