Page 58 of 199 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Trucks.

I said this four years ago. Why the fuck cant the vehicles today have better screen technology. Voice controls suck. Touch screens suck. Cant Apple or Samsung strike a partnership with the three (four) big idiots?

https://youtu.be/zPGOktsyIDg

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I've never looked forward to a pickup before but I really want one of those Rivian R1T's. I have no idea how I'm going to come up with the $$ but that's the goal. Bobby how much do you figure the extended range one is going to cost?

Here's to putting some rubber on and not getting the hiv.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've never looked forward to a pickup before but I really want one of those Rivian R1T's. I have no idea how I'm going to come up with the $$ but that's the goal. Bobby how much do you figure the extended range one is going to cost?
    rivian is a truck like the honda ridgeline is a truck.

well, at least it'll be torque-y.

Well except for it being bigger, more off road capability, having a 0-60 in 3 seconds and all electric....Lol.

Honda Odyssey with a bed put on it.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 05-12-2019 at 04:38 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

I'd say it looks more like a Tacoma, but only time will tell on the durability.

Surely someone in a Rivian will be towing one of these? https://www.ebay.com/p/160-KW-Detroi...d=333163945161
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

I can't picture myself ever needing it to be a manly mans truck but for household and leisure activities it ought to suffice. I mean really, when am I ever going to need to tow 10k pounds or move a load of cement. Like most of us some bikes, some lumber or maybe a lawnmower... I'd rather it be a van style that can take 4-5 passengers and 4-5 bikes at the same time but that's probably not gonna happen.

Why? Because it gets a large enough range for 90% of trips for 95% of the population?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Why? Because it gets a large enough range for 90% of trips for 95% of the population?
    That range is a big part of what makes it attractive to me at least. If it is a high voltage system so it can be quick charged like the new Porsche it's even more appropriate if a system of HV chargers gets built out quickly. I tend to do between 250-600 mile days pretty regularly (couple of times a week) and being able to stop for 30 minutes or so and get an 80% charge is very appealing.

Did you see the new thing proposed in Illinois yesterday where e-car registrations will be $1k/yr to offset what they don't pay in gas taxes? That would be a disaster for most people. How about something like pay by mileage driven like in some Euro countries? For so many people that do 10k or less miles per year that would be more appropriate, for someone like me that does 30+ maybe a cap at $1k/yr would work. Maybe it's just time for hovercraft or Jetsons cars so road quality/condition doesn't matter

2020 F450 Limited footy

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Had some Toyo A/Ts installed today.

#flexin

I also put new skins on. Pirelli p zero 295 35 21 all around.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That range is a big part of what makes it attractive to me at least. If it is a high voltage system so it can be quick charged like the new Porsche it's even more appropriate if a system of HV chargers gets built out quickly. I tend to do between 250-600 mile days pretty regularly (couple of times a week) and being able to stop for 30 minutes or so and get an 80% charge is very appealing.

Did you see the new thing proposed in Illinois yesterday where e-car registrations will be $1k/yr to offset what they don't pay in gas taxes? That would be a disaster for most people. How about something like pay by mileage driven like in some Euro countries? For so many people that do 10k or less miles per year that would be more appropriate, for someone like me that does 30+ maybe a cap at $1k/yr would work. Maybe it's just time for hovercraft or Jetsons cars so road quality/condition doesn't matter
    Gas tax is going to be antiquated soon, and in many states it’s a drop in the bucket compared to what the roads need...

These 300+ mile range vehicles will be adequate for almost everyone... you look like a one off for big mileage days and can even see how it can work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    I also put new skins on. Pirelli p zero 295 35 21 all around.
    I believe this is a truck thread.

Is this where I say take a lap?

Its more of a truck than a ridgeline.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Ill wait while someone gets me the 0-60 time on a Ridgeline... The Rivian hangs out with the likes of a 2018 911 Turbo and the Ferrari 488 Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    2018 911 Turbo and the Ferrari 488 Spider.
    Venerable trucks in their own right.

Ridgeline can tow 5000 pounds... Rivian... 5000kg...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Ridgeline can tow 5000 pounds... Rivian... 5000kg...
    Damn! That's a pretty big difference. 11000 lbs is double what my F150 tows.

While smoking Lambos.

^^^ Pretty compelling argument you're putting together here, BS. Sounds like it's going to tick a lot of boxes for folks.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Not that I'm interested in towing capabilities really, but is the tow figure for the rivian based on motor output or is it actually able to pull that much in real world driving? Does the low COG/skate deck help or hurt?

The only two things I don't like about it are:
    1) Cost on the high range model is going to be well over $100K (base model is 75 or so right?)
    2a) Who the fuck puts light grey leather seats and birchwood/light walnut interior in a vehicle for offroading or towing?
    2b) Front end is mehhhhhhhhhh

Quick google sez

the Rivian R1T will pass the Davis Dam Grade Test, also known as SAE J2807. It’s the standard that other truck companies use for the tow ratings in advertising claims. If your truck can’t pass J2807, your tow numbers are essentially made up.

“Yes, that was a big sign-off for us,” Vinnels says. What is means is that R1T can tow 11,000 pounds up the relentless 11.4-mile 12-percent grade, 3000-foot climb from Laughlin, Nevada to Union Pass. The test specifies five launches from a stop, traveling sixteen feet, within five minutes, in forward and reverse. It also requires a 0–30 mph time of less than 12 seconds. It’s a brutal standard that means yes, the Rivian can really tow 11,000 pounds.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Quick google sez
    What it doesn't say is that it's outta juice and needs a charge after those 11.4 miles.