Page 143 of 199 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Actually the opposite, with figures like presented no one's ICE truck is going anywhere, as other than city bros that want trucks, people that actually use them, of which there are many more than the dentists here can imagine, will balk at ev numbers that bad.

You guys take stuff way to seriously sometimes. There is no rage I just find it interesting how range dropping by 50% is just not a problem of any significance when it comes to EV vehicles to this board when the actual practicality of that fucking sucks.
    I dont always agree with you but in this case I sure do. I dont recall you ever saying that you were anti electric, just that they wouldn't work for you. They certainly wouldn't work for me either. I find it laughable that everyone spends so much effort convincing him he is wrong when they dont know his situation. I hope some day that I can buy an electric truck that will fit my needs, today is not that day.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    5’ bed. those things - the new EV hummer - are over 7’ wide and weigh over 4 tons.
    I think you're missing the bigger problem.

"The 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup starts at $112,595 for the Edition 1 model"

Imagine a Tesla built by a company that actually knows how to build cars...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211214_BEV_11.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	396643

Name:	20211214_BEV_31.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	396644

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I dont recall you ever saying that you were anti electric, just that they wouldn't work for you.
    Same boat here as well. I love the idea of getting away from gas engine. But electric won't work for me until range improves to 300-350mi, and there are charging stations as widespread as there are gas stations currently. Unless technology improves to the point charging or topping up can be done with solar panels.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Same boat here as well. I love the idea of getting away from gas engine. But electric won't work for me until range improves to 300-350mi, and there are charging stations as widespread as there are gas stations currently. Unless technology improves to the point charging or topping up can be done with solar panels.
    All of this. Or I somehow get the budget to afford two vehicles.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    All of this. Or I somehow get the budget to afford two vehicles.
    so keep the gas truck. Because if you want 350miles of real world range at 10F while towing 5 tons, or whatever “real truck dudes” need to do here, you aren’t getting a full Bev electric anytime soon for an affordable price that will do all that.

It can be as simple as one doesn't want to wake up some morning in December and be fucked getting to work because their wife forgot to plug the damn car in.

Between daycare, work commute, regular errands, and yes skiing or towing the boat on weekends 'd like to not have to constantly be thinking about range or daily charges when I can just get gas in like three minutes in the supermarket parking lot once a week while I'm already there. This is not abnormal use for a truck.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I looked at that chart for a minute before it made sense to me. I'm old fashioned. I prefer a shifter on the floor over this new fangled fanciness.
    I don't think that is old fashioned, that is intelligent for anyone who actually relies on 4x4 or 4L on a regular basis. I'm much more comfortable with a manually actuated transfer case than a push button selector that relies on electronics and circuitry that I do not understand and cannot diagnose or fix on my own if it act up in a critical situation.

As to the Rivian's range, or lack thereof in cold weather, this is not surprising and it may be confirmation bias at this point but it validates my choice to have a big gas powered 4runner and a small EV bolt. The bolt covers any/all trips in town and up to 150 miles round trip (and the partner is happier driving something smaller and easier to park) and the 4runner gets used for skiing/surfng/outdoor adventures that actually require its capabilities. Not only does it save a ton on gas around town but I hope keeping the unnecessary mileage off the truck will mean that it will take me 20 years to get to 300k miles rather than 12-14.

We're getting closer to an EV that can truly take the place of a proper truck for year round use but we still have a ways to go. Fingers crossed that by the time i'm in the market for a replacement there is an electric offering out there that makes sense.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

It can be as simple as one doesn't want to wake up some morning in December and be fucked getting to work because their wife forgot to plug the damn car in.

Between daycare, work commute, regular errands, and yes skiing or towing the boat on weekends 'd like to not have to constantly be thinking about range or daily charges when I can just get gas in like three minutes in the supermarket parking lot once a week while I'm already there. This is not abnormal use for a truck.
    That may be a concern for you, but most of us have adapted to plugging our phones in all the time. For most people, I don't think the issue is "I don't want to have to remember to plug it in". Where the issues evdog mentioned really come into play is on longer road trips, which has always been the achilles heel of full electric vehicles, not just ones that can tow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is that an FJ Cruiser replacement I spy behind it?
    That thing is gross. And it has a snowboard on it. Pass

Actually the opposite, with figures like presented no one's ICE truck is going anywhere, as other than city bros that want trucks, people that actually use them, of which there are many more than the dentists here can imagine, will balk at ev numbers that bad.

You guys take stuff way to seriously sometimes. There is no rage I just find it interesting how range dropping by 50% is just not a problem of any significance when it comes to EV vehicles to this board when the actual practicality of that fucking sucks.
    And proving my point, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I dont always agree with you but in this case I sure do. I dont recall you ever saying that you were anti electric, just that they wouldn't work for you. They certainly wouldn't work for me either. I find it laughable that everyone spends so much effort convincing him he is wrong when they dont know his situation. I hope some day that I can buy an electric truck that will fit my needs, today is not that day.
    I agree with you, and our resident grumpy truck-bro. He just comes at it like EV trucks are going to magically whisk away his ICE truck.

And for the record, EV trucks won't work for me, either for all the reasons mentioned. I'm just not as aggro about it.

That may be a concern for you, but most of us have adapted to plugging our phones in all the time. For most people, I don't think the issue is "I don't want to have to remember to plug it in". Where the issues evdog mentioned really come into play is on longer road trips, which has always been the achilles heel of full electric vehicles, not just ones that can tow.
    I already mentioned the road trip problem.

You can also plug your phone in anywhere and it doesn't require a couple g's worth of electrical infrastructure to do it, so the penalty for not charging your phone overnight is basically nil.

But come on, you're married, I think you get the point I'm trying to make
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That thing is gross. And it has a snowboard on it. Pass

And proving my point, once again.

I agree with you, and our resident grumpy truck-bro. He just comes at it like EV trucks are going to magically whisk away his ICE truck.

And for the record, EV trucks won't work for me, either for all the reasons mentioned. I'm just not as aggro about it.
    Please, no one is being aggro about it, you are just being stubborn about your opinion of the size of the market.
    Live Free or Die

there’s also this miraculous tech that could say “plug your fucking truck in” because the tech to look at your calendar, look at the state of the battery, and look how far you’ve gotta go so to know how long it’ll take to charge is here today

There is no rage I just find it interesting how range dropping by 50% is just not a problem of any significance when it comes to EV vehicles to this board when the actual practicality of that fucking sucks.
    But there isn't a 50% drop in range. That 'article' frorider posted was a joke. Plenty of other ICE concerns that are valid though - not saying your opinions suck here. This time at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    there’s also this miraculous tech that could say “plug your fucking truck in” because the tech to look at your calendar, look at the state of the battery, and look how far you’ve gotta go so to know how long it’ll take to charge is here today
    It's like running out of gas, a light goes on and you go to a gas station. If your wife can't figure out dumb basic shit, don't buy a gas car for her either.

Edit: I know she can figure it out is my point, not that she is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Imagine a Tesla built by a company that actually knows how to build cars...

Name:	20211214_BEV_11.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	396643

Name:	20211214_BEV_31.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	396644
    I'm wondering where you took that pic., because I believe that the veh. is not yet in [mass] production in the USA? Cool looking car.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^^ It's from a Toyota press release earlier today or yesterday, it popped on my Fb feed overnight.

I showed it to my next door neighbor, who is the group vice president of advanced product strategy and product planning at Toyota USA and he told me that he had a lot to do with the design of that car and the entire bz-line. He sounded pretty excited about this car
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Is he cool or a moran?

Goofy but cool. We get along. Berkeley undergrad. U. Chicago MBA. Skis groomers. Has a Great Pyrenees who loves Hazel and me. Married to a nice Japanese lady.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I showed it to my next door neighbor, who is the group vice president of advanced product strategy and product planning at Toyota USA and he told me that he had a lot to do with the design of that car and the entire bz-line. He sounded pretty excited about this car
    I’m sounding up the echo chamber so tell your neighbor to get off his ass and make a strategy that includes bringing the cool Cruisers here.

Or any Cruiser that isn't tarted up. Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Or any Cruiser that isn't tarted up. Also,

hairy or the Hendersons

What's he doing to that poor raccoon?

Or maybe the raccoon likes it, who am I to judge?

It’s just a club head cover