Page 61 of 199 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Truck has no body rust but it's lived in Maryland, pretty minimal salt plus it rains so it gets washed away.

Has the plastic surround on the tailgate handle broken off yet?

Nice lookin truck but I have yet to see one of that vintage with the plastic around that handle still in place.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

513 miles, Jersey Turnpike, George Washington Bridge, Cross-Bronx and fucking Connecticut later, all is well.

Man I hate Connecticut.

The Merritt Parkway always managed to make the drive to NE tolerable.

Must have been something up on the Merritt yesterday, Waze sent me up 95 this time instead. Yeah bmills that surround thing is still intact. It's kind of a bitch to get the tailgate open for some reason but it still looks fine.

Fuck a Rivian. Im buying this for 8k

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

This restomod ‘52 Power Wagon is only $178k: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxd3qodh...=1p4q68ufvgc44

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Attachment 283424

513 miles, Jersey Turnpike, George Washington Bridge, Cross-Bronx and fucking Connecticut later, all is well.

Man I hate Connecticut.

Did you know that Connecticut is called “The Nutmeg State” because back in Colonial days nutmegs were expensive and some enterprising Connecticut-ers figured out how to scam people by making fake nutmegs out of wood? True story. And apparently they’re still proud of it 250 years later. Figures. Fuck that place.

But I digress.
    Ironic because it is now home to many insurance comapnies.

So wifey and I are looking at getting a used pickup. I have a truck to use for work so this will be for weekend use(skiing/fishing/towing an RV). I’ve driven almost every full-size on the market in the last 15 years, but most of my time has been spent in a F150.
    Since I’m thinking about used, I’m thinking about a Tundra. Other than kinda crummy fuel economy, is there anything else I should look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Other than kinda crummy fuel economy, is there anything else I should look out for?
    Sellers inflated sense of its worth?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Sellers inflated sense of its worth?
    In Alberta, that’s also true for Fords.

Sent from inside the house
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Fuck a Rivian. Im buying this for 8k

Dude that's pretty sweet.

Iceman, CT traffic absolutely sux anymore. Sometimes it can take an hour to get from I684, through Danbury and out past Newtown on 84. Thankfully the 10 years of construction through Waterbury is finally finished. Yeah the Merrit can totally suck, the smallest thing can back traffic up for 30 miles or more. The only time to get through the state is between 10pm and 6am unless you know the back roads, then it's actually fun but probably not in a pickup.

Get another F150. Simple. That's what they are made for and you wont pay a premium for what?

This shows the size of the truck better. Optional cook station that stows in the truck.

Totally fake truck that doesn't exist.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Get another F150. Simple. That's what they are made for and you wont pay a premium for what?
    I’ve thought about it. I really have. But in my time spent behind the wheel, i can’t find a reason to. The driving experience is boring, the interiors are cheap, and the drive trains are just alright. The only thing I like about the F150s is the size of the gas tank and the fuel economy.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

The driving experience is boring
    FFS, It’s a truck not a Rivian.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    FFS, It’s a truck not a Rivian.
    I heard those dont exist.

So wifey and I are looking at getting a used pickup. I have a truck to use for work so this will be for weekend use(skiing/fishing/towing an RV). I’ve driven almost every full-size on the market in the last 15 years, but most of my time has been spent in a F150.
    Since I’m thinking about used, I’m thinking about a Tundra. Other than kinda crummy fuel economy, is there anything else I should look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Tundras are really expensive. You pay a premium for the Toyota badge. I like them though and plan to buy one in the next few years.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If MPG and towing are considerations for you, I don't know why you'd end up with a Tundra these days.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    If MPG and towing are considerations for you, I don't know why you'd end up with a Tundra these days.
    Fuel economy isn’t a big issue with me, and the Tundra has more than enough towing capacity for my needs.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Fuel economy isn’t a big issue with me, and the Tundra has more than enough towing capacity for my needs.

So what qualities are important to you in buying a Tundra?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So what qualities are important to you in buying a Tundra?
    A decent truck that is going to last me a few years.

I was looking for things to watch out for, like GM and their rust and cylinder deactivation problems, and tickey Dodge engines.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    This shows the size of the truck better. Optional cook station that stows in the truck.

Totally fake truck that doesn't exist.

Her boots are just silly given the environment.

That aside: Bobby, will Rivian Nashville be delivering to the Great Lakes region or will that fall under a mandatory physical dealership regulation? Fam wants to know.
    I still call it The Jake.

Well, Ford has announced that there's an electric f150 on the way:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...ra7Oxzp27b9Mfo

I’ve had both F150s and Tundras. New on equivalent trims packages, I found the Trunda same price or less. I drove both and liked the Tundra more but that is a personal choice. My ‘19 Tundra is averaging the same mpg that my ‘13 Ecoboost 3.5 got. I’m sure the newer F150s do better but everyone I’ve heard getting over 20 mpg’s Are in the 2.7 and I’m not sure I’d want to tow an RV with that.

But hey, buy what you want to be driving, not what the internet thinks you should be driving unless the internet helps you pay for it.

I also found that the Tundra's come prepped to tow pretty much their max right out of the gate regardless of model without having to find that specific Ford with the right gear ratios/motor/drivetrain to make it more capable than a 25k Nissan Frontier. Hence their shitty mileage scores since they don't have that 1 rig that is basically useless but gets 20 mpg for the marketing team to run with.

I just bought an 18 Tundra for that very reason. It also had the largest cab space for the driver (important to me at 6'3" 200+ lbs). SR5 Long Bed out the door with the big motor for under 36k and 0 percent financing. Tows 10k. Similar Fords/Chevy/Dodge at that price with their ridiculous pricing structures and you are looking at towing maybe 7.5k, if that. Resale was icing on cake, but I live in a mtn town where that Toyota premium goes further. It ends up being like a 5k swing in favor of the Tundra there.

Gas mileage is negligible, even with Toyota putting the low gearing in all their trucks. I'm getting 16mpg commuting Teton Pass every day. The work rigs our superintendents roll (Ram 1500's) are getting 15. My buddies Ford 5.0 gets 18, but has a tow rating of 7k. You don't get high towing and great fuel economy in any truck. You get to choose 1.

The Tundra is overall built better also, but I guess that is subjective. The Fords felt super cheap plastic wise, the Chevy looked like it was 20 years old, and the Ram was nice, but based on the durability of my Wrangler's interior, would only be nice for about a day before going to shit.
    Live Free or Die