Page 159 of 199 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Yeah if it moves from the driver's (left) switch it just means the passenger (right) switch is faulty. Replace it in 5 minutes.

Looks like part is 84810-60050

You can get the whole assembly in whatever color you have but it's pricey. Takes even less time to replace

Yeah, that sounds like a faulty switch as simple said. Should be a simple repair job.

Thanks all! Not sure why I had created road block for myself before.

Truck curious/more than curious if used car market would ever calm down.

I'm looking for something super basic. It needs to:
    - Haul a snowmobile (in bed) TH to TH within a 10mi radius
    - Go 200mi one way (and back again) 2x/month
    - Not explode

Reliable and cheap (less or much less than $10K) are the main goals. Open to opinions on what kind of $$ needs to be spent in this category to reasonably achieve "reliable". I work on my own stuff, but not interested during the winter. What 4WD, gas, trucks should I be looking at? 1st Gen Tundras that aren't absolutely beat are all around $8K+. Decent looking OBS 460 Fords come up every couple of weeks in the $3-5K range.

Everything is overpriced right now but previous generations Silverados and Sierras are great trucks with LS V8 power. The Ford OBS people have a hardon for right now so they are sleeping on the Chevy pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Everything is overpriced right now but previous generations Silverados and Sierras are great trucks with LS V8 power. The Ford OBS people have a hardon for right now so they are sleeping on the Chevy pickups.
    Word. Won't need this until December so hoping gas prices and other factors cool off the truck market a bit between now and then. 5.3 in the van was rock solid.

Not super thrilled about having my entire front end dis/reassembled to replace the steering rack on my ‘21 Tundra for the recall. They gave me a loaner. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654610971.062634.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	418291

Someone go get this https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3774819843477/ Holy shit it looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Not super thrilled about having my entire front end dis/reassembled to replace the steering rack on my ‘21 Tundra for the recall. They gave me a loaner. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654610971.062634.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	418291
    did Toyota pay for it ? I think in general they know what they are doing keep in mind the Tacoma frame replacements I thot who replaces a fucking frame but they did it, I seen Tacoma frames stacked up behind the dealer like cord wood ... I wouldn't worry
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Considering selling my Taco and getting a Chevy Silverado 1500. Need a bigger truck for work, and some light towing. I'm looking at something around 5 years old, and ~75k miles. $35-40k. Anything I should keep an eye out for on these trucks?

Also looked at Tundra but I feel like I get more truck with the Chevy for less price. And slightly better mpg. Not even looking at Ford or Dodge.
    We did this in in March. Came out net + selling the '18taco and getting a 14 outback and 05 2500hd. great decision

2020 GMC 2500 tail gate

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    i'd say: learn to do it...you may be not a techhead, but you're a smart guy; you've got the 30mins & just need a bud to hoist the other end
    no reason to buy another tailgate, imo
    (i'm no car/truck fixit guy either, but this seems like it should be just getting the sequence down)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Their labor rate software probably calculates 0.5 as the minimum for anything. I bet it's two plugs and lifting it on and off like Chup said. I've been wrong before though.
    Quote Originally Posted by thommy21 View Post
    I have the same tailgate and it takes about 10min to unplug the 2 connectors remove the 2 bolts on the side and slide the gate off. Key is to have it at about 45deg angle so you can slide the oval pin out of the slot. I’ve done it solo a few times but 2 people makes it easier for sure. I haven’t found dummy plugs for the connectors but haven’t looked lately. Had to get a secondary camera to mount on the back of the camper to get all the cameras to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Throw some ice in your whiskey and break some shit, man! That's the spirit!
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Haha! Thanks for the rah rahs have to attempt it now.. fuck 🥃
    Well, I am very happy to announce - it got done and it was actually pretty fucking easy. But it took a while to get at it. In fact it was my son-in-law who prodded me on to give it a go.

He's an office guy, working his way up the BMW ladder in Munich. Pretty much a city German. We go for a little canada day bike with him and the wife. Of course, this entails stopping at the Sherwood Brew House halfway through the ride, and the kid has a few beers before we resume the bike ride.

We get home and 15 minutes later he says: "hey, I've watched the you tube, and I've had a few beers, lets put that fucker on, what could go wrong". I also have a bit of a buzz and am like yeah, now is the time to let my mechanic flag (I do not have one) fly!

Fuck, start to finish was like 12 minutes. We did have an assist from Charlotte dropping the wiring through the hole, but hey. I'm not scared anymore!

Thanks for weighing in boys!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Decided to trade in my ‘15 Sierra 1500 for a new TRD Taco. I managed to find a local dealer willing to sell me one at MSRP so I ordered a quad cab with a 6 speed stick.

Digging around online I see people are waiting as little as 6 weeks and as long as a 7 months for special order Tacos and Tundras. Anyone have recent experience ordering a Toyota recently?

The dealer said 5-7 months but he also said if color wasn’t a huge priority, he could get one sooner. I’m prepared to wait but was curious considering the car market should be normalizing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

With the recent news of the discontinuation of the Titan, wonder what price & availability are like.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Does anyone run an extended fuel tank around these parts? Like a s and b or a Titan. Not the in bed transfer tanks. I already have that. But a tank mounted under in replacement of the stock tank.

also kinda crazy no one here has mentioned much about the decked system

Does anyone have opinions on the Jeep Wrangler 4xe? I’m really interested but worry about Jeep’s traditional reputation regarding bad reliability. How bad a driving experience are they on the highway?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone have opinions on the Jeep Wrangler 4xe? I’m really interested but worry about Jeep’s traditional reputation regarding bad reliability.

Does anyone have opinions on the Jeep Wrangler 4xe? I’m really interested but worry about Jeep’s traditional reputation regarding bad reliability. How bad a driving experience are they on the highway?
    I’ve beaten the piss out of my 14 Wrangler sport for 100k miles and the only mechanical failure I’ve had has been a blown brake line (that only resulted in slight drag of the caliper not loss of brakes).

The 4xe is a bit more complicated, but even if it sucks they have the best resale value in the automotive world. You can dump it for basically what you paid for it.

Trucks.

Help needed on trucks/SUVs to look at for purchase this fall. Looking for something that’s good in the snow, not enormous, has off road capability but enjoyable and safe on the highway. Interested in the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, Tacoma, MDX and Bronco. Any advice and experience with these?

Help needed on trucks/SUVs to look at for purchase this fall. Looking for something that’s good in the snow, not enormous, has off road capability but enjoyable and safe on the highway. Interested in the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, Tacoma, MDX and Bronco. Any advice and experience with these?
    I've got a Tacoma TRD OR manual w/ 32k miles that I've been debating selling for something bigger. Four door w/ 5.5' bed. Got a topper w/ windoors and Clazzio leather seat covers. Just need a bigger truck for work.

If you want reliability, Scratch the Jeeps and Bronco, OR capability scratch the MDX, Enjoyable and safe on the highway, scratch the Wrangler and Bronco again. Basically 4runner or Taco. Do you want a truck bed or more interior space?

Pretty much, I'd decide what class of vehicle you want and what budget first. That list is all over the place. What level of off road capability. Actual 'wheelin or rougher FS roads.

I want to be able to drive roads like the Alpine Loop, most of Yankee Boy, Loch Lomond, Rollins Pass, Alta Lakes….

I want to be able to drive roads like the Alpine Loop, most of Yankee Boy, Loch Lomond, Rollins Pass, Alta Lakes….
    My answer was a used Land Cruiser. It's a remarkable vehicle.

I can speak to Rollins and tell you that is Subaru friendly. Assuming the 4 banger versions are too small, I'd say just get the V6 SUV of your choice and move on.

Others will have different opinions but I think that is probably the value proposition. Is your budget closer to $30K or $60K? Does availability mater or can you order and wait?

That's 'cause you are enabler motorhead that advocates for a fleet full of whips with one for every occasion. I celebrate this commitment, how every somebody wanna just change the oil and roll!

That's 'cause you are enabler motorhead that advocates for a fleet full of whips with one for every occasion. I celebrate this commitment, how every somebody wanna just change the oil and roll!