Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	292648
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0323.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	292649

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Nice, CA.

They should offer saddle brown leather in every rig ever made. I've got the usual tan leather in my Super Duty and my 80 and it's way less practical because it shows dirt and smudges so easily.

I want this

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Like I posted above, if you're going anywhere off pavement the PSD will be an absolute pig with the turning radius of the Queen Mary.

Trucks.

Thoughts on Tacomas? Considering going with a newer Sport model. Don’t need serious off-roading capability but would like to be able to access most 14er or 13er trailheads in CO, be able to haul three mountain bikes and be able to drive in deep snow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Thoughts on Tacomas? Considering going with a newer Sport model.
    Don’t get anything newer than a 2015. The 3rd gens are garbage (2016+). Read up on the well documented issue with no power, constant shifting transmissions, diff leaks...

Thoughts on Tacomas? Considering going with a newer Sport model. Don’t need serious off-roading capability but would like to be able to access most 14er or 13er trailheads in CO, be able to haul three mountain bikes and be able to drive in deep snow.
    I have a 2016. Engine is ok, trans sucks. upgraded to ov tune mapping and so much better now. Tip in on throttle is responsive. Tow a camper around the CO mountains and does pretty good. Get on tacoma world forum and read up. The size of truck is perfect for me, full size is just too big IMO for my use. Upgraded from 4 runner since wanted a spot for the muddy/wet dogs in rear and tow a small camper.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/3...omas-2016.186/

people like to bitch about the turd gens.

Name:	IMG_6099.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	292985

Hard to argue with the LC guy, but garbage seems like a stretch. Only had mine two years, but it's been solid. Last tranny flash made a big difference. Power is there, you just gotta use a lot of pedal. It drives like every other Japanese car trying to squeeze mileage out of nothing. Read up on any new truck, and you'll find yourself waist deep in horror stories and talk of class action suits.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I had a 2019 for 8 months. Was very glad to trade it on a tundra. Get similar mileage, nicer interior, better visibility (that hood is so hard to see over!), rides more comfortably (both TRD off road) and for mountain driving have an additional 100 horsepower and torques down low makes a huge drivability difference. The Tacoma I ended up driving with the cruise control most of time, it was miserable otherwise.

That said, the tundra is big. But I have Land Cruisers for off roaring so it’s less of a concern.

I’d do a 13 - 15 low mile Tacoma over a 16. Tried and true drivetrain with similar horsepower as the 3.5 but actually where you need it, down low in the RPM range.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    And it looks like a pig (shrug). Hey, I loved what my 97 F250 could do - pull a house off it's foundation, last 500,000 miles, pull a trailer over a grade without breathing hard.. But going off pavement was not what it was good at. It could do it, but compared to a gasser with a shorter wheel base, no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I had a 2019 for 8 months. Was very glad to trade it on a tundra. Get similar mileage, nicer interior, better visibility (that hood is so hard to see over!), rides more comfortably (both TRD off road) and for mountain driving have an additional 100 horsepower and torques down low makes a huge drivability difference. The Tacoma I ended up driving with the cruise control most of time, it was miserable otherwise.

That said, the tundra is big. But I have Land Cruisers for off roaring so it’s less of a concern.

I’d do a 13 - 15 low mile Tacoma over a 16. Tried and true drivetrain with similar horsepower as the 3.5 but actually where you need it, down low in the RPM range.
    I like the Tundras but live in the city and don’t need the size. Tacoma is as big as I’d need. Surprised to hear about the transmission issues with the newer Tacomas. Any other issues?
    Are there other small reliable pickups I should be looking at? Not a fan of Ford FWIW.

Trucks.

I’d get a 2015 Tacoma. Or if you go third gen, (2016+) plan on either a manual transmission or to get the truck regeared and a tune, even with stock tire size.

If you plan on keeping it for a long time, I’d be cautious with the turbo motor in the Ford.

Colorado is another consideration, haven’t done too much research on them.

Have you considered a Colorado?

Name:	co truck.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	292992

Serious, go out and drive the Tacoma, Co, and Ford to get a feel for it. I drove the Colorado back when shopping and it felt like a car to me. If I did it again, would have gone manual but wife drive it the first couple years and she wanted the auto.

Are there other small reliable pickups I should be looking at? Not a fan of Ford FWIW.
    An opinion that you almost certainly don't want to hear: none of your stated requirements scream "needs a truck." Plenty of other options out there that will be much better for the stuff you'll be using it for 90% of the time than a body on frame vehicle. If you must have a truck, and Ford and Toys are out, Chevy makes a "Colorado", presumably because it's the vehicle required to do "Colorado" things.

^^They make the Colorado in a manual?

What he actually wants is a Land Cruiser with a North Shore rack

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Have you considered a Colorado?

Name:	co truck.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	292992
    what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    An opinion that you almost certainly don't want to hear: none of your stated requirements scream "needs a truck." Plenty of other options out there that will be much better for the stuff you'll be using it for 90% of the time than a body on frame vehicle. If you must have a truck, and Ford and Toys are out, Chevy makes a "Colorado", presumably because it's the vehicle required to do "Colorado" things.
    Agree. Currently have a ‘11 MDX and it’s been great for CO things. I’ve taken it on a number of rough roads that I probably shouldn’t have and now at 128k, I’m wondering whether to replace the suspension or buy a truck/SUV with off-road capability.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    While I get what you're saying, accessing 4wd trailheads regularly seems like a good reason to own a real BOF truck/SUV to me. I like low-range and ground clearance in a mountain rig, personally.

Although I am in the middle of a cross country road trip in an F150 so maybe I'm just stubborn and like trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    What he actually wants is a Land Cruiser with a North Shore rack
    Who on this board doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    what happened?
    Towing heavy load? Not sure exactly

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    And it looks like a pig (shrug). Hey, I loved what my 97 F250 could do - pull a house off it's foundation, last 500,000 miles, pull a trailer over a grade without breathing hard.. But going off pavement was not what it was good at. It could do it, but compared to a gasser with a shorter wheel base, no comparison.
    Yeah there is....The last 3 minutes of that viddy is a V8 Cherokee custom crawler that prob came in on a trailer, shitting nutz and bolts all over that trail like a proper drama queen...

You forgot how much better LWB is on snow & ice....That 7200lb Ferd with limited slip will be comfortable when a SWB Yeep is spinning out on black ice or getting its steer axle bounced out of washboard snow and road moguls...

Tacomas are nice. People just like to complain and nitpick things on the internet. I will say that they are shockingly small and cramped inside. My 2009 scion xb is more comfortable to drive then the newer tacos. I'm 6'2 and 220 lbs so you might not feel cramped if you're not as big.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Are Jeep Grand Cherokees still fairly unreliable or have they improved?

A partnership between Fiat and Chrysler/Dodge, what could go wrong!?

If you want a truck, get a truck. I agree with the go drive them suggestion. Toyota got heavy handed trying to squeeze mileage out of an inherently poor mileage vehicle, using the same concepts and technology they use in their cars. The result is that drive-ability suffers a bit. It bothers some more than others, and there are workarounds, but the only way to know is to drive one. It's still a Toyota, and a solid truck with excellent reliability ratings and resale value.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.