Page 148 of 199 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

CC in my truck is rarely used. Kinda useless in the mountains. I can see it being nice on the flatlands and longer road trips but definitely not something I couldn’t live without. Maybe I just had trucks with faulty CC for so long that I just got used to driving w/o it.

https://northamericanev.com/
    They have applied to build a plant in Oliver, an hour from my house. There goes the neighbourhood. They also plan to build race cars.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Pentic...shop-in-Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    CC in my truck is rarely used. Kinda useless in the mountains. I can see it being nice on the flatlands and longer road trips but definitely not something I couldn’t live without. Maybe I just had trucks with faulty CC for so long that I just got used to driving w/o it.
    I drive SLC->Reno a few times per year, 1100 miles RT of desolate Interstate. No CC for that would totally suck.

Cc has always been a poor choice for many lessor 2 lane roads, mountain bro redness or not, but newer systems do ok with mountains on well graded ones or highways.

I don' use CC on snow or ice but it might keep you from getting a speeding ticket
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I drive SLC->Reno a few times per year, 1100 miles RT of desolate Interstate. No CC for that would totally suck.
    Totally. But are you the one buying this truck? I see it being more of a fleet vehicle for painters and landscapers etc. as well as kids getting their first truck.

I just think that it is cool that something like this is headed in the opposite direction of $80k luxury trucks. People on here have been saying for years that they want a bare bones truck that doesn’t have all the bells and whistles at a reasonable cost. Well here ya go.

I don't use cruise control much at all, but if it was instead a maximum speed I could set, I would use it all the time. I am surprised no one has come up with that system yet. Being able to take my foot off the gas and slow a bit is too valuable for me to justify the benefit of current cruise control set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    I don't use cruise control much at all, but if it was instead a maximum speed I could set, I would use it all the time. I am surprised no one has come up with that system yet. Being able to take my foot off the gas and slow a bit is too valuable for me to justify the benefit of current cruise control set ups.
    Now that is an idea I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Totally. But are you the one buying this truck? I see it being more of a fleet vehicle for painters and landscapers etc. as well as kids getting their first truck.

I just think that it is cool that something like this is headed in the opposite direction of $80k luxury trucks. People on here have been saying for years that they want a bare bones truck that doesn’t have all the bells and whistles at a reasonable cost. Well here ya go.
    Fully agree. The base model probably will be incredibly popular as a fleet vehicle. Also, like I noted earlier, even the next trim level up with AWD added is comfortably under $30k which is a great deal in today's market. Last summer I rented a fully-loaded 2020 F150 (booked it in February before rental prices went insane) and the whole time all I could think was "This is nice, but it's sure as hell not $70,000+ nice." Maybe that's just me though, I'd still be driving my '02 if I hadn't gotten rear-ended.

Eta: The base model Maverick has power windows. I'd take CC and manual windows instead all day long.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 01-13-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Hurray for truly base model trucks!!

A few months back, I heard an npr interview with Ford CEO (?). I seem to remember her implying that all trucks below f250 would be available soonish(?) in full E versions.

Not sure why they’re not planning the bigger trucks (and vans) as E versions.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

A few months back, I heard an npr interview with Ford CEO (?). I seem to remember her implying that all trucks below f250 would be available soonish(?) in full E versions.

because the battery required to tow 10,000 with decent range weighs a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s probably north of a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    You can do that in Teslas but not while driving.

As for CC, how else do you post on IG and eat a sammie without CC?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Makes sense. Didn’t know. Thx

There’s still a push to electrify heavy and medium duty construction vehicles.

Remember when Nissan was envisioning a system when batteries were quickly replaced at stations rather then recharging in the car.

I suspect the focus on light trucks and SUVs has a lot to do with CAFE standards.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

all you ford folks, if you were looking at a ~2016 and newer f150, A. what would be your max mileage if you were looking for a ~10 year truck, and would you hesitate looking at trucks from New England?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    all you ford folks, if you were looking at a ~2016 and newer f150, A. what would be your max mileage if you were looking for a ~10 year truck, and would you hesitate looking at trucks from New England?
    I'd def hesitate with trucks from anywhere that uses shitloads of salt...

Yeah, we just bought a ford transit from there last year and drove it out to UT. definitely had the mechanic say immediately "must be a new england vehicle". I'm from there, and I get it, but the pricing out there is so much better than in UT right now.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I'd pass on anything from the rust belt. Look west and south -- coastal and Southern California. Vegas and Phoenix heat can be tough on vehicles in other ways.

Also, 2016 is not 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

To clarify, I mean a vehicle to own for ~10 years, mostly thinking about mileage, but thinking anything sub 50-60K miles is a great place to look.

Yeah, we just bought a ford transit from there last year and drove it out to UT. definitely had the mechanic say immediately "must be a new england vehicle". I'm from there, and I get it, but the pricing out there is so much better than in UT right now.
    Yeah - there's a reason for that.

We have a '97 Outback we've owned since new, and that goddam thing still has the original exhaust system.

In fact, I have *never* had to replace an exhaust component on any vehicle I've owned since moving west.

Hell - I've never had to deal with rust, really, at all. And we keep our vehicles a LONG time...

The aluminum body at least solves that portion of the rust equation.

It's not a Tacoma, so hopefully the frame won't rust badly enough to be an issue within that ten years.

So it really comes down to whether or not you like dealing with rusty fasteners or are willing to pay for your mechanic to do so.

I've got a 2017, moved from Montana to Maine in 2018, and so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

There’s still a push to electrify heavy and medium duty construction equipment
    The future is now! Already happening with underground mining. There’s a battery powered underground loader out right now and a battery powered small dozer and wheel loader coming soon. Dozer will have autonomous capabilities as well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Serious question: do they salt the roads heavier and/or more frequently in the NE compared to the intermountain west? I try to spray off the underside of the cars every 2-3 weeks here in UT/ID/WY land. Maybe that just makes me feel better?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Serious question: do they salt the roads heavier and/or more frequently in the NE compared to the intermountain west? I try to spray off the underside of the cars every 2-3 weeks here in UT/ID/WY land. Maybe that just makes me feel better?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    More salt, hell CO doesn't use any in a lot of places.

More moisture, humidity, and constant melt-freeze cycles with all that moisture in the air.