Page 155 of 199 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    I feel like I just listened to a monster truck show advertisement after reading the add. I don't see that truck ever going off road or even down a boat ramp but the tail pipe is pretty sick.

"Good luck finding a 1st gen manual that is completely untouched."

There are several within walking distance from my house. There's an original owner one that's about a 10 min drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    I feel like I just listened to a monster truck show advertisement after reading the add.
    Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Ford's hybrid is available on any trim level. I still have a running debate in my head about swapping my Limited Tundra for an XLT F150 hybrid. I'd double my mileage easily.
    Ford is sold out of hybrid motors. I had decided to go with the XLT F150 Hybrid. Dealer said they can't even order hybrid option until Ford starts taking orders for 2023 model year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
    We'll sell you a whole seat, but you're only gonna use the edge of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    We'll sell you a whole seat, but you're only gonna use the edge of it!!!
    We'll sell you the whole seat, but if you're a fat ass......You're gonna need two !!!
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I just checked, and I'm seeing F150's in my truck's vintage that have similar mileage (135K) priced at $26K. WTF?
    Dang. I don't really want and definitely don't need to sell my F1 but it seems kinda silly not to at this point. Just use my Tahoe and maybe get a little trailer until this bubble bursts.

$500 refundable deposit gets me a new tundra at MSRP sometime in the next 4-5 months, maybe earlier depending on the color choice. You can accelerate that timeline by going to a dealership that is charging more than MSRP as their waiting lists are understandably shorter

No hybrid option on the double cab, only crewmax

So hoping my SUV doesnt completely die in the interim & will be looking for the next 4-5 months for something used at a reasonable price....but not really holding out much hope

What a world we live in

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    $500 refundable deposit gets me a new tundra at MSRP sometime in the next 4-5 months, maybe earlier depending on the color choice. You can accelerate that timeline by going to a dealership that is charging more than MSRP as their waiting lists are understandably shorter

No hybrid option on the double cab, only crewmax

So hoping my SUV doesnt completely die in the interim & will be looking for the next 4-5 months for something used at a reasonable price....but not really holding out much hope

What a world we live in
    Hybrid extends the wait time by about 3 months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220419_152045.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	413720

Dealer had a cancelation and my truck got stuck in limp mode the next morning. Timing worked out right. Dealer markup was only 3k. Didn't get exactly what I wanted, but it is a nice truck.

Nice! What trim did you end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Nice! What trim did you end up with?
    SR5 with the accessory package. Crew Max and 6.5' bed.

That extra foot makes it feel like a much bigger truck than my last one with the 5.5' bed.

Nice. Looks good! I like the white

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Nice. Looks good! I like the white
    Thanks!

Torn between the Amuse, Annoy or Truck threads but put this here. In '17 this truck could be found new for less than the current used price. Fuck that noise.

gstonemotors.com/used/Ram/2017-Ram-3500

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 7.25.59 AM.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	879.8 KB 
ID:	413756
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post

Dealer had a cancelation and my truck got stuck in limp mode the next morning. Timing worked out right. Dealer markup was only 3k. Didn't get exactly what I wanted, but it is a nice truck.
    Nice work. That’s how I got mine - it had arrived earlier that day and the original customer had canceled. Truck was on the lot for less than 4hours when I rolled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Torn between the Amuse, Annoy or Truck threads but put this here. In '17 this truck could be found new for less than the current used price. Fuck that noise.

gstonemotors.com/used/Ram/2017-Ram-3500

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 7.25.59 AM.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	879.8 KB 
ID:	413756
    Amazon stock was a lot less in 2017 too. Maybe you just uncovered the new hot investment strategy. You’re going to need a place to park your investments though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post

I am envious for sure - wish my dealer would have a cancellation like that. crew cab with 6.5ft bed is a land yacht. hybrid engine too?

Since TGR is where I come to for all my advice... My buddies all said if you want a truck camper that has a shower/bathroom you have to get a 3/4 ton. And if you buy a 3/4 ton you should buy a diesel one. Well, since I know nothing of these matters, I bought a 2020 GMC 2500HD AT4 with a duramax 6.6 diesel. Ok. My life got better it's true.

One glitch though. When I picked up my camper the guy who sold me the camper had to take off my tailgate. He's the lead wrench at a big car dealership in Calgary. So I assumed he knew what he was doing. Well it took him easily 25 minutes (with my help). When I do the math that would suggest it would take me 2 to 3 days because I'm a mechanical idiot (some would suggest a complete idiot would be more accurate but I digress). The fancy new trucks have all this camera shit and connecter shit and shit I do not know how to deal with.

So I asked one of my friends who has a newish truck, a camper, and is very mechanically inclined "how the fuck do you deal with this?".
    His answer was to put the existing tailgate in storage, buy a simple after market gate (for hauling bikes, keeping shit in your box etc) that doesn't have the electrical/ electronic shit), and putting the stock tailgate back on when you sell the truck (it would be new looking for sure)...

Ok smart guys, weigh in please... Is this my best option?

I wouldn't buy another tailgate just to store yours in pristine condition.

My new truck has the simplest tailgate - no steps or fold down/out stuff. It has two electrical plugs that need to be detached when removing - one for the backup camera and one for the power locks.

The truck came with a bag full of dummy plugs, two of which match up to the tailgate plugs when removed, to help keep crud out of the plug. Hopefully yours came with similar plugs.

I bought an OEM camera off ebay for attaching to the back of my truck camper when it is installed and the tailgate is removed. Haven't mounted it onto the camper yet, but tested it and it works like the tailgate cam.

The more contraptions the tailgate has, the more it's going to weigh. If you have that GM one with the multiple folding step things, I bet it's a two person job.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The guy down stairs works at the dodge dealer he sez " the tailgates have been falling off on the highway" so those sound easyier to get those off, kid is from a family of forever american truck owners, told me " those things are shit I should have bought a Toyota" i was suprised
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    I am envious for sure - wish my dealer would have a cancellation like that. crew cab with 6.5ft bed is a land yacht. hybrid engine too?
    No hybrid engine unfortunately. Toyota still isn't shipping them, or if they are it's rare.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Ford's hybrid is available on any trim level. I still have a running debate in my head about swapping my Limited Tundra for an XLT F150 hybrid. I'd double my mileage easily.
    That F150 hybrid is really tempting. Currently in a 2014 Silverado that has been pretty flawless so will likely wait.

Name:	20220420_152904.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	413816

It's a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I wouldn't buy another tailgate just to store yours in pristine condition.

My new truck has the simplest tailgate - no steps or fold down/out stuff. It has two electrical plugs that need to be detached when removing - one for the backup camera and one for the power locks.

The truck came with a bag full of dummy plugs, two of which match up to the tailgate plugs when removed, to help keep crud out of the plug. Hopefully yours came with similar plugs.

I bought an OEM camera off ebay for attaching to the back of my truck camper when it is installed and the tailgate is removed. Haven't mounted it onto the camper yet, but tested it and it works like the tailgate cam.

The more contraptions the tailgate has, the more it's going to weigh. If you have that GM one with the multiple folding step things, I bet it's a two person job.
    Fair enough Chup. Mine has the multiple steppie thing, and so yeah 2 person job getting mine off and last time (and only time) one of em was a mechanic. Which I'm not. So I'm faced with:
    1) Buying an aftermarket tailgate that doesn't have all the shit.
    2) Having no tailgate
    3) Figuring out how to remove the tailgate and disconnecting all the wiring shit (and then installing it) and trying to re-install and hook all the wiring shit back up every time I want to chuck the camper on. Which I'm very leery of because as I mentioned before it took an experienced mechanic with all the right tools easily 30 minutes to do
    4) Possibly figuring out how to remove/install the gate without hooking up the wiring shit.
    I talked to the dealer here and they said min 0.5hrs labour to take it off and min 0.5hrs to put it on. I don't want to spend $150 every time I want to go camping. Not to mention getting my truck into the dealer is a minimum 2 week wait every time.

So? Any ideas anybody?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!