Page 76 of 199 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

So much complaining in here. F350 crew cab long bed here with a northern lite camper left on year round. It's my daily driver in the West Portland burbs. Trade offs? And yep, sometimes I take wife's car for certain missions, but that's more to do with the camper. Before the camper, no fucks given and I'm really surprised to see fucks are given at all over tacos or f150s with 5.5ft beds.

Not really complaining... the truck is fucking great. I've always had SUV's and love the change, especially for being able to throw a bunch of mountain bikes over the back, nice and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The truck length struggle is real. Several months ago I pulled the trigger on an F-150 Platinum with a Super Crew cab (I have three kids) and 5.5 foot bed. I love it but god damn sometimes parking lots are a real bitch. I can only imagine going with a 6.5 foot bed and how much harder that would be. I don't mind the shorter bed, I have an extender rack and it does the trick when I need.
    I used to have a Frontier, 4 door "long bed" (which in that truck meant 6' box). When I switched to a Sequoia, which is a big SUV, all the reviews talked about its size and turning radius as negatives, but fuck, the thing handles like a sports car compared to the Frontier. I can even (sometimes) pull into parking spaces with a second/third straightening maneuver!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Recently I pulled into a spot with my Durango and while I was in the store two quad cab longbeds beds pulled in on either side of me and one directly behind with a 6 foot bed. I had to wait for 2 of them to come out before I could leave because no matter how many moves I made I couldn't get out. I think we have some of the worst designed lots around here that I've ever seen and every time they repaint them the spaces get smaller and the rows get narrower so they can add more spaces. With the overabundance of huge pickups and Transits/Sprinters it really sux. Even when I'm driving my small car it's sketchy because I can't see past them or SUV's and I've had way too many close calls. Time to segregate parking lots with different size vehicle areas.
    They actually started issuing tickets in dwntwn Bend with long bed trucks sticking out too far.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I feel like I have more situations where width matters than length.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

for multiple reasons, we chose the SUV (ended up with a 100-series land cruise) with utility trailer route instead of a pickup. wanna talk about the joy of town (not city) driving and parking?....

i have only had to parallel park (in reverse) on a busy street a few times (less than 20) with the trailer hitched. when in town, there are lots of people driving with utility trailers and lots of long bed trucks. most strip malls and grocery parking lots have peeps with hitched trailers parked in the back 40. i park at downtown edge and walk when i need to run errands in the main street areas when the trailer is hitched. i definitely like having a dumping trailer with wood panels and flood over a pick-up bed for hauling and dealing with outdoor stuff like gravel, mulch, soil, slash, leaves/needles, etc. i've never done it in-town, but I have used the farm jack multiple times to help maneuver the back end of the trailer, both loaded (this can be sketchy!) and unloaded.

like other rural areas, the road system in my area was mostly developed pre-motor vehicle. the paved county road that accesses my neighborhood is very steep (up and down from one watershed into another) with a few sharp corners. the last snow storm we got in January (last time nor cal received any measureable precip ), they closed schools-midday, when the shit was hitting the fan. on the way to pickup the kids, the closest sharp corner to my home had a 4runner high centered up an embankment destroying a bank of mailboxes. at the base of the large steep hill that must be climbed to leave my neighborhood, there were several vehicles in the ditch or shoulder who lost control while descending the hill. i was behind a 4wd f150 that either had MT or AT tires. The only way that turck made it up from the base of the hill on the road was because 3 people (drivers/passengers from the vehicles in the ditch) were pushing the truck's rear end sideways to keep it from sliding off the road (due to road crown) into the shoulder/ditch as one front tire was pulling the truck up the grade. eventually, it got enough momentum (and into the center of the road) that the driver got the rear end to track with the front.... on the way back down the hill to get home later during the storm, there was a long bed long wheelbase diesel pick-up perpendicular to the road at the base of that hill with its rear axle and tires deep in the ditch. I'm glad I missed that episode. i see plenty of vehicles driving around w/o front bumper covers since that day.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not really complaining... the truck is fucking great. I've always had SUV's and love the change, especially for being able to throw a bunch of mountain bikes over the back, nice and easy.
    Amen. I love to have my own toilet with me wherever I go, and to have a bed and a fridge full of beer when compelled to wait at the DMV or etc.

Fuck really? Trouble in parking lots with a taco? Wtf??? I park my 06 tundra double cab and 6'5" bed. Even parallel park it sometimes. You guys ever learn to drive? Shit I just had it in Manhattan 2 weeks ago. They get out of your way I can tell ya that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

https://ritholtz.com/2020/02/bollinger-b1-truck/

Bollinger B1 Truck - all electric, too spartan for me but some like that.

https://ritholtz.com/2020/01/rivian-r1t-pickup-truck/

Rivian R1T Pickup Truck is much better in finish and zero to 60 in 3 seconds
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

It looks like a Ridgeline raped a Buick.

Yes, that was the design brief.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    It looks like a Ridgeline raped a Buick.
    Der Poopenhausen.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    https://ritholtz.com/2020/02/bollinger-b1-truck/

Bollinger B1 Truck - all electric, too spartan for me but some like that.

https://ritholtz.com/2020/01/rivian-r1t-pickup-truck/

Rivian R1T Pickup Truck is much better in finish and zero to 60 in 3 seconds
    Bollinger B1 FTW! Want.

Double Cab Tundra Longbed.

This bitch is a county mile long (25' actually) and I give zero shits here in Idaho. If pressed, I might be willing to admit I like the backup camera if I have been been drinking.
    Live Free or Die

People give me shit about parking my 22 foot and change 170 sprinter...when I tell them I’m shorter than the longest tundra they call bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    People give me shit about parking my 22 foot and change 170 sprinter...when I tell them I’m shorter than the longest tundra they call bullshit

They are right. The longest tundra isn't anywhere remotely close to that. It fit in my 19.5 ft garage when I had mine.

Wait, did previous post say double cab long bed? Never seen such a thing. Like a double cab with a full 8ft bed?

Even then, Toyota says it's 20.65ft.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Double Cab Tundra Longbed.

This bitch is a county mile long (25' actually) and I give zero shits here in Idaho. If pressed, I might be willing to admit I like the backup camera if I have been been drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    They are right. The longest tundra isn't anywhere remotely close to that. It fit in my 19.5 ft garage when I had mine.

Wait, did previous post say double cab long bed? Never seen such a thing. Like a double cab with a full 8ft bed?
    Tundra DCLB (rare as hen's teeth) is 247.8" long.

MB Sprinter 170 is 274.1" in length, 170 EB is 289.8"!

Trucks.

Pretty sure my long box crew cab Chevy is 22’ long...you have another 3’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Pretty sure my long box crew cab Chevy is 22’ long...you have another 3’ ?
    22ft and change is about right for the longest 'Merican heavy duty trucks. Idk about Dodge mega cab LB tho. My truck is just over 22ft and I couldn't have ordered it any longer.

I've never seen a Tundra with an 8' bed other than with a single cab. I don't think any of the other configurations have the payload to make use of it.

The typical 4-door (small back seat = 6.5' bed, big back seat =5.5'-?) 4WD Tundra has something like a 1500' payload capacity. An 8' bed and longer frame would reduce capacity due to added metal, so now down to what, 1300#? Not much you can fill up a longbed with and stay under capacity. Insulation?
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've never seen a Tundra with an 8' bed other than with a single cab. I don't think any of the other configurations have the payload to make use of it.

The typical 4-door (small back seat = 6.5' bed, big back seat =5.5'-?) 4WD Tundra has something like a 1500' payload capacity. An 8' bed and longer frame would reduce capacity due to added metal, so now down to what, 1300#? Not much you can fill up a longbed with and stay under capacity. Insulation?
    And you have to subtract weight of passengers and any gear carried in cab. I loved my tundra dearly, and preferred many of it's characteristics to my new truck, but payload and "the general ability to haul heavy shit up a mountain at speed" weren't among those.

Anyway, Google says the double cab long bed exists. I don't know that I've ever seen one.

On a final FWIW note, I've had people + well over 2000lbs in the bed of my old tundra several times (gravel, fence posts/boards, dump runs), and never had any issue with a bone stock suspension. Only issues: the small rated payload, and trying to maintain speed limit towing 7-8k lbs uphill at altitude. We did it, but mostly at redline.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Anyway, Google says the double cab long bed exists. I don't know that I've ever seen one.
    Perhaps that "long bed" reference just means the 6.5' bed + big back seat, rather than the usual 5.5' bed. (or whatever Tundra has for bed lengths)

There is a Tundra double cab long bed that is an 8'. I test drove one because it had a nice new Icon suspension on it I wanted to check out. It turned okay...at the time I was in a F350 double long though. You don't see many long bed Tundras around. I ended up with the double cab 6.5' a few year later. It's fine 98% of the time and turns a lot better than the 8' bed and is easier to park.

Here's a pic from the drive for proof. Not sure if they'll still configure them this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images