Page 164 of 199 FirstFirst ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    (old money 4th or 5th vehicle in the stable by pendantic trust funders with time and money on their hands) the reliability questions would be closer than you think.
    Oh, I'm pedantic, but I assure you I do not have a trust fund!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    anymore.

Yeah - stick a GC and a Land Cruiser in the hands of the clueless housewife and the Cruiser is gonna last DECADES beyond the death of the GC. Guaranteed.

The hookers and blow didn't buy themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You are wrong.

The Bronco Sport with Badlands has not only a locking rear diff, but a locking center diff as well. Try to find a comparable CUV with anything remotely close. Even the base Bronco Sport is a significant upgrade from the Escape it is based on due to a far superior center diff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m here to thrunt the thread further by throwing more shade at the Bronco Sporte.

The modern Jeep Cherokee is a front wheel drive grocery getter like the bronco sport. But the modern Cherokee has had the locking rear diff, and 2 speed power takeoff unit (transfer case for front wheel drive cars) in the Trailhawk trim for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    I’m here to thrunt the thread further by throwing more shade at the Bronco Sporte.

The modern Jeep Cherokee is a front wheel drive grocery getter like the bronco sport. But the modern Cherokee has had the locking rear diff, and 2 speed power takeoff unit (transfer case for front wheel drive cars) in the Trailhawk trim for a few years now.
    I'm going to thrunt your thrunting.

There is no PTO on any current Jeep. There hasn't been one on any Jeep since the 1960s.

A PTO is a port on the transmission allowing for attachment of auxiliary equipment like a winch or farming tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Don't get me wrong, the Land Cruiser is going to last longer full stop, but I know several LC owners and after 150k miles they are replacing shit also.

I own both a Wrangler that I beat the piss out of and a GX (not quite LC) that lives a pampered lifestyle. I've owned both for about 6 six years and 100k miles. Both have had one failure. Wrangler eats rear brakes which I've tracked down to a failed brake line, and the GX has had radiator replacement. I don't care what you drive, that's a pretty good run for either vehicle over that use schedule.

Now if we were talking about how the interiors have held up the Toyota is going to win and big but interior life isn't exactly reliability, but it is nice to not to feel like you are driving a piece of shit.
    Live Free or Die

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    This TRUCK thread really got thrunted up lately.

Does anyone know if Telemark skis fit in a gen x four runner? Or any of the other stupid suvs mentioned above in the truck thread? I’m not clear on this.
    They converted a four door Bronco to a two door Bronco pickup on the latest episode of Dirt Every Day. Anything can be a truck with a sawzall and the right attitude.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659478127.119476.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	542.6 KB 
ID:	422926
    Last edited by bagtagley; 08-02-2022 at 04:08 PM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Trucks.

Maybe I’m confused about “land cruiser.” To me, there are a suite of land cruisers, it’s a line of vehicles made my Toyota with lots of different models sold new throughout the world. In NA, the models sold as new are known as the Lexus LX and Lexus GX.

On topic with the thread title, there are land cruisers sold outside of NA that have truck beds/boxes, 2 and 4 door. No sawzall needed.

Sounds like all Land Cruisers are trucks then. Some have SUV/wagon bodys. Uh oh

I mean, the real question is why this thread about trucks is filled with thread thrunting about sport utility vehicles.

(yeah yeah it’s built on a truck frame, yardda yadda. It’s a SUV, a very capable off road SUV.)

Yep.
    Reality is anything less than 8ft bed 1ton is actually a pickup

Welcome, you will soon be added to iceman's pedantic list with me. As for trust fund lists - benny absolutely had a trust fund list in his head, I'd bet money on it, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Yep.
    Reality is anything less than 8ft bed 1ton is actually a pickup
    This is the truth.

I’d happily accept a trust fund. Anybody giving one away?

4 runners, GC, and Broncos aren’t trucks. If I can’t put my bike in it with out taking the tires off then it doesn’t qualify as a truck.
    I am very interested in the new tundra’s. Just waiting and watching a few years to see how the Hybrid truck thing is going to go for them.

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659526894.626756.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	422968

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    1. Land Rovers haven't been the gold standard for off road engineering nor construction in quite some time. Hence, the birth of the Ineos Grenadier. There is a hole in the market (especially European) where Land Rover Discos used to sit and it's been empty so long, an entirely new brand and product was conceptualized, designed and developed. My friend in Austria has driven one and knows owners, and by all accounts, they are a bombproof, legitimate, modern Defender 110.

Those looks awesome. I bet production costs are way over budget though. Hope they have a good run. They have a pickup in the works

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm going to thrunt your thrunting.

There is no PTO on any current Jeep. There hasn't been one on any Jeep since the 1960s.

A PTO is a port on the transmission allowing for attachment of auxiliary equipment like a winch or farming tools.
    Terminology thrunting.

I may have confused Power takeoff unit and Power transfer unit. PTU is a Jeep term, not mine.

Obviously no front wheel drive crossover, with a transverse mounted engine , is going to have and old school power takeoff unit.

Potatoe vs Potato

But what are you actually going to pick up at Tosche Station?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    But what are you actually going to pick up at Tosche Station?
    I’m going to Tosche station to waste time with my friends, but I’m telling uncle Owen I’m going to pickup Power Converters.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I recognize that I might be a minority in this thread, but I got a new Hyundai Santa Cruz and it's pretty much the perfect vehicle for my use cases. .
    You'd prob get more respect if you brag about its cargo capacity, especially if you express that in the gold standard: # of Bags of Self Leveler.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Those looks awesome. I bet production costs are way over budget though. Hope they have a good run. They have a pickup in the works

Not sure the owner cares much about development budgets.

What I love is the choice in drivetrain and move away from tons of gizmos and gadgets. A new rig with very simple features and a proven BMW motor sounds exactly right.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

The hookers and blow didn't buy themselves
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    4 runners, GC, and Broncos aren’t trucks. If I can’t put my bike in it with out taking the tires off then it doesn’t qualify as a truck.
    I am very interested in the new tundra’s. Just waiting and watching a few years to see how the Hybrid truck thing is going to go for them.

Hey, I can fit a bike in the back of my 1st gen 4runner with the wheels on.

I posted my hatchback in the wagon thread too, IDGAF.