Page 84 of 199 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Gonna miss my X3. But the Tacoma off road should be fun.

First time (finally!) truck owner. Any help would be much appreciated: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-quot-a-Pickup

The new F-150 onboard generator looks pretty cool. Probably a fantasy that Toyota might do something similar anytime soon. Crossing fingers.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2020/0...generator.html

From the article:

2. It Makes the New F-150 the Ultimate Camping Truck

That kind of power delivery could make the F-150 the new ultimate camping truck.
    “You can plug in a crock pot when you leave home, and by the time you get to your campsite, you’re ready to eat!” said Nigar Sultana, lead feature owner for the Ford F-150 Pro Power System.
    “And you can run a hair dryer now too,” she continued. “Or in the morning, plug in your coffeemaker and start your day.”
    While the lesser 2.0-kW and 2.4-kW systems could indeed make tent camping a lot more comfortable (provided you don’t mind having the truck idling next to you), it’s the 7.2-kW system that really has the potential to be the ultimate camper trailer rig. That 240-volt, 30-amp output is more than enough to run all the systems on a huge camper trailer. The trailer’s air conditioner, fridge and freezer, lights, and just about everything else can be run even while the truck is pulling it, not just when it’s stopped and parked. Don’t need to keep the camper powered? It can also recharge your electric all-terrain vehicles or dirt bikes while you’re driving. And Ford says there’s no impact to the hybrid performance while you’re running and the Pro Power Onboard system is activated.

That’s pretty cool! That’s basically the capacity of the Honda genie that we use as backup for our house, which includes powering a well pump and water storage tank pump, both at 220v. Maybe I missed it, but I am curious about fuel consumption when parked and running genie power.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    The new F-150 onboard generator looks pretty cool. Probably a fantasy that Toyota might do something similar anytime soon. Crossing fingers.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2020/0...generator.html

From the article:

2. It Makes the New F-150 the Ultimate Camping Truck

That kind of power delivery could make the F-150 the new ultimate camping truck.
    “You can plug in a crock pot when you leave home, and by the time you get to your campsite, you’re ready to eat!” said Nigar Sultana, lead feature owner for the Ford F-150 Pro Power System.
    “And you can run a hair dryer now too,” she continued. “Or in the morning, plug in your coffeemaker and start your day.”
    While the lesser 2.0-kW and 2.4-kW systems could indeed make tent camping a lot more comfortable (provided you don’t mind having the truck idling next to you), it’s the 7.2-kW system that really has the potential to be the ultimate camper trailer rig. That 240-volt, 30-amp output is more than enough to run all the systems on a huge camper trailer. The trailer’s air conditioner, fridge and freezer, lights, and just about everything else can be run even while the truck is pulling it, not just when it’s stopped and parked. Don’t need to keep the camper powered? It can also recharge your electric all-terrain vehicles or dirt bikes while you’re driving. And Ford says there’s no impact to the hybrid performance while you’re running and the Pro Power Onboard system is activated.
    It took the tundra until around 2016 to have a 30+ gallon gas tank and integrated trailer brake controller. At Toyota’s rate, it may be 2050 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    It took the tundra until around 2016 to have a 30+ gallon gas tank and integrated trailer brake controller. At Toyota’s rate, it may be 2050 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kidding. Toyota should just leapfrog and start working on the autonomous hovertruck now.

HFS.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    HFS.
    Yours for about $50k apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yours for about $50k apparently.
    That's it? Not that I have $50K lying around, but damn, I was expecting $200K.

I'm proud to say that these folks are close friends of mine. Conundrum has met them and they're stand-up people. Dad is a ranch manager and mom works for the BLM. This is what you do when work keeps you on the ranch just a wee bit too long in the morning and baby's coming!

Why post it in this thread? That kid was born in the back of a moving pickup truck, my buddy's clapped out F150 ranch truck. So they named him Ford.

https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-news...ital-on-friday
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Hell yeah! Glad they weren’t driving a Tiburon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Hell yeah! Glad they weren’t driving a Tiburon.
    Or a Unimog.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Bumping this because I'm replacing the chipped, plastic running boards on my '15 Sierra 1500 with some aftermarket nerf bars. I've seen highly reviewed ones that range from $200 to $800. Why the difference in price? I basically want a black, round, metal nerf boards that are bit lower profile than the clunky, plastic stock ones. Any recs?

Go with something cheap and theyre going to rust. Go with Ranch Hand or other expensive brand, they're going to last longer and potentially provide some degree of protection.

Some folks go cheap, knowing they're simply going to rattle can them periodically. Up to you.

FWIW I run a Ranch Hand "critter gitter" on my Ford and it's held up well in pretty shitty conditions and two critters to date. But yeah, not cheap.

Nerf bars also look kind of beefy, but they are usually thin tubing which you can step on. I’m not sure of what’s out there for half ton pickups, but maybe google “Sierra 1500 rock sliders” and a See what pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Bumping this because I'm replacing the chipped, plastic running boards on my '15 Sierra 1500 with some aftermarket nerf bars. I've seen highly reviewed ones that range from $200 to $800. Why the difference in price? I basically want a black, round, metal nerf boards that are bit lower profile than the clunky, plastic stock ones. Any recs?
    Find a local guy that welds from scratch.

Agreed. $800 will get you sliders that will attach to the frame and support the weight of the truck and protect the rocker panels. $200 will get you something that attached to the body and may or may not be braced to the frame to step on that you will have spray paint in a couple years. Neither is wrong...just depends on what you want.

Happy 30th birthday Red!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90red.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	335683

That's a head turner.

She's good from far, but no garage queen.

Name:	R90.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	335687

The paint is failing on the roof and hood like all red 90s Japanese Toyotas IME, and lotsa little scratches and dents. And it's only a DX, so bench seat, and no draft windows or opening rear window. On the plus side it has a 3.4 swap with the big clutch and manual hubs.

Although my dog that likes riding shotgun prefers bench seats

Name:	cct.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	750.9 KB 
ID:	335694

^^^^Sweet ride. Been looking at that vintage of Toyota pickup lately. Scheming a Pan American Hwy rig. 22RE over the 3.0 but a swapped 3.4 would be awesome - I actually know may way around that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Happy 30th birthday Red!

Name:	90red.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	335683
    Like many here, I once owned that truck. Took a rollover like a champ and never cost me a dime in 100k miles. I still see it around town.