Page 96 of 199 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Well, my new Chevy 2500 is having tailgate issues. It randomly starts raising and lowering the tailgate. Cycles up and down, part way up and down, pauses, then starts the mess again. Usually lasts about 3 minutes then it takes a break until you open the front passenger door, then starts all over. Finally had to pull the fuse to be able to drive it.

Grrrrrrr.....
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

The robots are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Well, my new Chevy 2500 is having tailgate issues. It randomly starts raising and lowering the tailgate. Cycles up and down, part way up and down, pauses, then starts the mess again. Usually lasts about 3 minutes then it takes a break until you open the front passenger door, then starts all over. Finally had to pull the fuse to be able to drive it.

Grrrrrrr.....
    Electric tailgates seem like a solution searching for a problem. My wife has a Highlander with an electric rear hatch. I can’t stand the delay from when I push the button and have to wait three seconds for it to slowly start operating. Plus the $800 struts are going bad and I still have to lift the hatch to it’s full height. I can’t imagine how quickly a truck tailgate would fail if it was used as a work truck

i really like the truck tail gate that drops slowly when you let go but i don't need an electric tails gate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Me too. But I forget some pickups don't have that and drop my buddies' gates a little hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i really like the truck tail gate that drops slowly when you let go but i don't need an electric tails gate
    Yep, I was perfectly good with the other tailgate that lowered slowly. I really dislike this motorized version, even more so now. Even when it works properly, it is a pain.

Turns out the electronic switch is bad. Do they have one in stock, of course not.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Electric tailgates seem like a solution searching for a problem. My wife has a Highlander with an electric rear hatch. I can’t stand the delay from when I push the button and have to wait three seconds for it to slowly start operating. Plus the $800 struts are going bad and I still have to lift the hatch to it’s full height. I can’t imagine how quickly a truck tailgate would fail if it was used as a work truck
    On Hondas, you can hold the button down to avoid the dreaded slowwww open.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Me too. But I forget some pickups don't have that and drop my buddies' gates a little hard sometimes.
    I'm that guy. Takes me by surprise every time I do it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The pussification of America continues with electric tail gates.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

maybe i'm easily amused but everytime i let the tail gate go on my taco i am delighted

the key to sucess is being happy with what you have
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

[QUOTE=bagtagley;6287908]On Hondas, you can hold the button down to avoid the dreaded slowwww open.
    I wonder if the Toyota does that with the in the cab button? I seem to use the button on the hatch more often. Either way I need to lift the hatch since I’m not in a hurry to replace the ridiculously expensive struts. Not that this is a truck issue, but it seems like similar issues could strike a pickup tailgate

Mark me another that likes the soft opening of the tailgates. The new work 2500 chevy has the auto open one, no idea why it is necessary except all the heavy electronics to make it auto perhaps making it necessary for some to open/close. Not too impressed that it's all electronic - no lever or other mechanical means to lower the tailgate, so if the button mechanism isn't working, then no opening the bed of the truck. WTF? This is supposed to be a worktruck!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe i'm easily amused but everytime i let the tail gate go on my taco i am delighted

the key to sucess is being happy with what you have
    I also like that nice solid "clunk!" when I pull the release on my F150 and just let the gate fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I also like that nice solid "clunk!" when I pull the release on my F150 and just let the gate fall down...
    Haha. When I first got my f150 the tailgate was so much lighter than my 97 f250 I thought it had some fancy opening assist bs.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I sent this one to my brother the other day. Not really a chevy guy but I'd rock that thing with a big ole' camper in the bed.

Yota should make a hybrid truck. Thatd be great with a light truck camper. Youre gen set and rv battery power all from under the hood

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Supercharged 454? Download the fuelie app before any trips.

A hybrid Tundra is all but guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yota should make a hybrid truck. Thatd be great with a light truck camper. Youre gen set and rv battery power all from under the hood

Motortrend:

"the brand may offer the 2022 Tundra with a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain option, putting it on the vanguard in a segment that is just now warming up to electrification."

Never had a problem with the tailgate on my 95 F-150.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    A hybrid Tundra is all but guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Motortrend:

"the brand may offer the 2022 Tundra with a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain option, putting it on the vanguard in a segment that is just now warming up to electrification."
    Sick. Or atleast until i see msrp

Name:  disco1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  247.6 KB

I see those grill to top of windshield cables a bunch on the GOTOS rigs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what purpose they serve (that people would of course never utilize, but that is besides the point).
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I see those grill to top of windshield cables a bunch on the GOTOS rigs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what purpose they serve (that people would of course never utilize, but that is besides the point).
    I guess to distribute the load to prevent ripping the top off if you snag a size able tree branch?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Drying pantaloons on road. Pushing branches off it.