Page 70 of 199 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Can’t add weight. Already at max gcwr. That’s why I noted the trailer must be smaller.

I agree with you that it’s not reasonable to tow with an electric vehicle.
    Yup That was my point. GCWR is maxed out. So adding another 1200 lbs in battery weight reduces the net payload by 1200.

Otherwise known as the law of diminishing returns.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Was at the Toyota dillership today and immediately got a boner when I saw this beaut.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	305827

TRD pro Sequoia.

I have no need for something this big but goddam it’s purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Was at the Toyota dillership today and immediately got a boner when I saw this beaut.

TRD pro Sequoia.

Heh, my sis told me over the weekend she’s considering this exact ride. Local dealer has one on the lot that was a demo with 1,000 miles on the clock and she’s got the requisite number of kids, dogs, a farm and a boat to haul so I said definitely do it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Yea I think the sticker read 66k (or maybe 63k)

but it's not baby poop brown! what gives?

It’s rotovirus green.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Heh, my sis
    Heh.. you know the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Trucks.

AEV? 40” tires will get you there.

Name:  IMG_2797.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  144.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Heh.. you know the rules.
    What angles do you need? Reeeeall cheap.
    Name:  ChunkNaked.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  49.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

TRD pro Sequoia.

Pretty sweet. My brother in law just got this but thought he paid closer to $80k for it fully loaded. I’d maybe buy this one used in a couple years when my platinum shits the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    AEV? 40” tires will get you there.

Name:  IMG_2797.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  144.6 KB

There's a guy around here who has one of these with at least 40" tires. He drives it ~100 miles a day r/t up to Aspen and has a Protect Our Winters sticker in the back window. Yeah bud!

Anyone want to play the what truck should I buy game? I am replacing a 2 door Jeep Wrangler as my daily, prefer new, and want something big but still as capable as possible off road. We have a Tundra CC long bed also but my wife claimed it and the wheelbase is a bit long for my ideals. I love my Wrangler but am starting a family, and it will physically not fit my 200 pounds of dog, wife, baby and stuff in it all at once so is therefor only a toy now.

Must haves:

Tow 6000 pounds of boat.
    As off road capable as possible.

Wants:

Reliable and I'd prefer a base model truck vs. a more optioned out rig (in terms of creature comforts).

Budget:

I'm drawn to a slightly used Power Wagon or new Jeep Gladiator, but am debating kitting out a full size SUV also. I would probably be best served with a 4 door Wrangler and just use the Tundra to tow the boat, but want the ability to do so and i just inherently don't like the idea of the 4 door Wrangler so here we are.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Anyone want to play the what truck should I buy game? I am replacing a 2 door Jeep Wrangler as my daily, prefer new, and want something big but still as capable as possible off road. We have a Tundra CC long bed also but my wife claimed it and the wheelbase is a bit long for my ideals. I love my Wrangler but am starting a family, and it will physically not fit my 200 pounds of dog, wife, baby and stuff in it all at once so is therefor only a toy now.

Must haves:

Tow 6000 pounds of boat.

Wants:

Reliable and I'd prefer a base model truck vs. a more optioned out rig (in terms of creature comforts).

Budget:

I'm drawn to a slightly used Power Wagon or new Jeep Gladiator, but am debating kitting out a full size SUV also. I would probably be best served with a 4 door Wrangler and just use the Tundra to tow the boat, but want the ability to do so and i just inherently don't like the idea of the 4 door Wrangler so here we are.
    2020 Bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Must haves:

Tow 6000 pounds of boat.

Wants:

Budget:

Occasionally towing 6k, or routinely towing 6k? If routinely you’ll want something Tundra sizes or bigger probably.

Gladiator looks interesting though.

Maybe look at a Sequoia? Mom style SUB with the same guts as your tundra.

I'll tow the boat probably 5000 miles a year give or take. Pretty much every weekend from May to September.
    Live Free or Die

I don't fully understand what you want. If I was towing 5,000 miles a year I'd want a 3/4 ton for sure, and maybe a diesel. But you already have a CCLB Tundra so...?

Or do you want to get a gladiator that is capable of towing and use the Tundra the majority of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I don't fully understand what you want. If I was towing 5,000 miles a year I'd want a 3/4 ton for sure, and maybe a diesel. But you already have a CCLB Tundra so...?

Or do you want to get a gladiator that is capable of towing and use the Tundra the majority of the time?
    Sounds to me like Mrs. AR has claimed the Tundra as her territory. NTTAWWT.

Yup basically. I probably will tow the boat mostly with the Tundra as the boat was her idea as well, but want the ability to do so with the new rig as well in a pinch. 6k tow capacity also typically means the rig comes with all the other stuff I want, like a V8 and the ability to accessorize with truck nuts.
    Live Free or Die

When I was shopping around (wife, 3 kids, and 90lb dog), my mechanic’s recommendations included the Tahoe.

Gladiator! (Not necessarily because it fits your stated needs but because I want one myself)
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Canyonero!!!!!

Get a fully restored and hooked up FJ60 or 62 Landcruiser. It probably won't cost more than a well equipped new truck, has a pretty short wheelbase, they're fun to own and it'll get you on the road to being one of the cool kids

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Gladiator! (Not necessarily because it fits your stated needs but because I want one myself)
    X2

I'd get a smaller, but still capable tow rig and then use the Tundra for longer hauls. Diversity in the quiver is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Get a fully restored and hooked up FJ60 or 62 Landcruiser. It probably won't cost more than a well equipped new truck, has a pretty short wheelbase, they're fun to own and it'll get you on the road to being one of the cool kids
    I'm in full support of this idea.

Rivian!!!