Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1932

Thread: Trucks.

  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Can’t add weight. Already at max gcwr. That’s why I noted the trailer must be smaller.

    I agree with you that it’s not reasonable to tow with an electric vehicle.
    Yup That was my point. GCWR is maxed out. So adding another 1200 lbs in battery weight reduces the net payload by 1200.

    Otherwise known as the law of diminishing returns.

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,338
    Was at the Toyota dillership today and immediately got a boner when I saw this beaut.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	305827

    TRD pro Sequoia.

    I have no need for something this big but goddam itís purdy.

  3. #1728
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    19,343
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Was at the Toyota dillership today and immediately got a boner when I saw this beaut.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	305827

    TRD pro Sequoia.

    I have no need for something this big but goddam it’s purdy.
    Heh, my sis told me over the weekend she’s considering this exact ride. Local dealer has one on the lot that was a demo with 1,000 miles on the clock and she’s got the requisite number of kids, dogs, a farm and a boat to haul so I said definitely do it.
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,338
    Yea I think the sticker read 66k (or maybe 63k)

  5. #1730
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,562
    but it's not baby poop brown! what gives?

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,338
    Itís rotovirus green.

  7. #1732
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,563
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Heh, my sis
    Heh.. you know the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  8. #1733
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,002

    Trucks.

    AEV? 40Ē tires will get you there.

    Name:  IMG_2797.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  144.6 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #1734
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Heh.. you know the rules.
    What angles do you need? Reeeeall cheap.
    Name:  ChunkNaked.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  49.6 KB

  10. #1735
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Was at the Toyota dillership today and immediately got a boner when I saw this beaut.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	305827

    TRD pro Sequoia.

    I have no need for something this big but goddam itís purdy.
    Pretty sweet. My brother in law just got this but thought he paid closer to $80k for it fully loaded. Iíd maybe buy this one used in a couple years when my platinum shits the bed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #1736
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    AEV? 40Ē tires will get you there.

    Name:  IMG_2797.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  144.6 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There's a guy around here who has one of these with at least 40" tires. He drives it ~100 miles a day r/t up to Aspen and has a Protect Our Winters sticker in the back window. Yeah bud!

  12. #1737
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,498
    Anyone want to play the what truck should I buy game? I am replacing a 2 door Jeep Wrangler as my daily, prefer new, and want something big but still as capable as possible off road. We have a Tundra CC long bed also but my wife claimed it and the wheelbase is a bit long for my ideals. I love my Wrangler but am starting a family, and it will physically not fit my 200 pounds of dog, wife, baby and stuff in it all at once so is therefor only a toy now.

    Must haves:

    Tow 6000 pounds of boat.
    As off road capable as possible.

    Wants:

    Reliable and I'd prefer a base model truck vs. a more optioned out rig (in terms of creature comforts).

    Budget:

    45k

    I'm drawn to a slightly used Power Wagon or new Jeep Gladiator, but am debating kitting out a full size SUV also. I would probably be best served with a 4 door Wrangler and just use the Tundra to tow the boat, but want the ability to do so and i just inherently don't like the idea of the 4 door Wrangler so here we are.
    Live Free or Die

  13. #1738
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Anyone want to play the what truck should I buy game? I am replacing a 2 door Jeep Wrangler as my daily, prefer new, and want something big but still as capable as possible off road. We have a Tundra CC long bed also but my wife claimed it and the wheelbase is a bit long for my ideals. I love my Wrangler but am starting a family, and it will physically not fit my 200 pounds of dog, wife, baby and stuff in it all at once so is therefor only a toy now.

    Must haves:

    Tow 6000 pounds of boat.
    As off road capable as possible.

    Wants:

    Reliable and I'd prefer a base model truck vs. a more optioned out rig (in terms of creature comforts).

    Budget:

    45k

    I'm drawn to a slightly used Power Wagon or new Jeep Gladiator, but am debating kitting out a full size SUV also. I would probably be best served with a 4 door Wrangler and just use the Tundra to tow the boat, but want the ability to do so and i just inherently don't like the idea of the 4 door Wrangler so here we are.
    2020 Bronco?

  14. #1739
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    6,004
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Anyone want to play the what truck should I buy game? I am replacing a 2 door Jeep Wrangler as my daily, prefer new, and want something big but still as capable as possible off road. We have a Tundra CC long bed also but my wife claimed it and the wheelbase is a bit long for my ideals. I love my Wrangler but am starting a family, and it will physically not fit my 200 pounds of dog, wife, baby and stuff in it all at once so is therefor only a toy now.

    Must haves:

    Tow 6000 pounds of boat.
    As off road capable as possible.

    Wants:

    Reliable and I'd prefer a base model truck vs. a more optioned out rig (in terms of creature comforts).

    Budget:

    45k

    I'm drawn to a slightly used Power Wagon or new Jeep Gladiator, but am debating kitting out a full size SUV also. I would probably be best served with a 4 door Wrangler and just use the Tundra to tow the boat, but want the ability to do so and i just inherently don't like the idea of the 4 door Wrangler so here we are.
    Occasionally towing 6k, or routinely towing 6k? If routinely youíll want something Tundra sizes or bigger probably.

    Gladiator looks interesting though.

    Maybe look at a Sequoia? Mom style SUB with the same guts as your tundra.

  15. #1740
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,498
    I'll tow the boat probably 5000 miles a year give or take. Pretty much every weekend from May to September.
    Live Free or Die

  16. #1741
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,526
    I don't fully understand what you want. If I was towing 5,000 miles a year I'd want a 3/4 ton for sure, and maybe a diesel. But you already have a CCLB Tundra so...?

    Or do you want to get a gladiator that is capable of towing and use the Tundra the majority of the time?

  17. #1742
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I don't fully understand what you want. If I was towing 5,000 miles a year I'd want a 3/4 ton for sure, and maybe a diesel. But you already have a CCLB Tundra so...?

    Or do you want to get a gladiator that is capable of towing and use the Tundra the majority of the time?
    Sounds to me like Mrs. AR has claimed the Tundra as her territory. NTTAWWT.

  18. #1743
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,498
    Yup basically. I probably will tow the boat mostly with the Tundra as the boat was her idea as well, but want the ability to do so with the new rig as well in a pinch. 6k tow capacity also typically means the rig comes with all the other stuff I want, like a V8 and the ability to accessorize with truck nuts.
    Live Free or Die

  19. #1744
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,562
    When I was shopping around (wife, 3 kids, and 90lb dog), my mechanicís recommendations included the Tahoe.

  20. #1745
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    5,749
    Gladiator! (Not necessarily because it fits your stated needs but because I want one myself)
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  21. #1746
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,174
    Canyonero!!!!!

  22. #1747
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,924
    Get a fully restored and hooked up FJ60 or 62 Landcruiser. It probably won't cost more than a well equipped new truck, has a pretty short wheelbase, they're fun to own and it'll get you on the road to being one of the cool kids

  23. #1748
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Gladiator! (Not necessarily because it fits your stated needs but because I want one myself)
    X2

    I'd get a smaller, but still capable tow rig and then use the Tundra for longer hauls. Diversity in the quiver is nice.

  24. #1749
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    6,674
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Get a fully restored and hooked up FJ60 or 62 Landcruiser. It probably won't cost more than a well equipped new truck, has a pretty short wheelbase, they're fun to own and it'll get you on the road to being one of the cool kids
    I'm in full support of this idea.

  25. #1750
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,562
    Rivian!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •