Page 69 of 199 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Tesla has 3 vehicles in production - the Model S, the Model X and the Model 3. They previously produced the Roadster which was based on a Lotus chassis.

Tesla has now announced 4 vehicles that are not yet in production. The Semi, the Roadster 2.0, the Model Y and the Cybertruck. The Semi & Roadster were announced over 2 years ago and do not have firm production dates or details yet. The Model Y does not have a firm production date. The Cybertruck is by their own admission 2 years out.

Elon Musk is, today, spewing on Twitter about some wonderful new Stainless Alloy that'll be used for this Cybertruck which is so new and so awesome they'll need to develop whole new production processes for their awesome new truck (lol). If you don't know how the fuck you are going to make something its vaporware. at least in regards to specs and cost. Especially if this "product" you don't know how to make or exactly what it is, is magically much cheaper and much better than anything on the market. And doubly so if you aren't really willing to let people order it. (those aren't orders - they are nonbinding preorders)

sorry - I'm not a teenager anymore. I long got tired of jerking off over showcars - and that's what this "truck" without a brake pedal or rear mirros is - that promised awesome performance and to solve all my problems.
    1. OK technically three cars are in production now, though they have brought four to market. That makes them way different than the company I was initially discussing. I don't like Elon Musk. I don't really like Tesla that much. But they are a much different animal than an outfit like Bollinger (which I wish all the best).
    2. If we're going to be technical, by legally binding reports, the Model Y is ahead of the expected production schedule, so it's an odd choice to argue that something is vaporware.
    3. Normal people don't expect final production models to be exactly like concepts or get angry that they might not.
    4. You spent your teenage years jerking off over showcars? Odd, but I can only speculate that one broke your heart given your passion here.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    2. If we're going to be technical, by legally binding reports, the Model Y is ahead of the expected production schedule, so it's an odd choice to argue that something is vaporware.
    If you really don't like Elon Musk you know "legally binding reports" don't mean shit to Elon Musk and you won't believe them.

-Working to take Marcus Brody private at $420/share funding secured.

I hope this forum isn't here in 2 years, and I fucking hope I'm doing something more useful than this shithole, but if I'm not - there's no fucking cybertruck.

but this is the power of tesla mindshare.

I hope this forum isn't here in 2 years, and I fucking hope I'm doing something more useful than this shithole.
    Well then just gtfo now then bitch.

hooking up bumpers is high school level idiocy.

If you really don't like Elon Musk you know "legally binding reports" don't mean shit to Elon Musk and you won't believe them.

-Working to take Marcus Brody private at $420/share funding secured.

I hope this forum isn't here in 2 years, and I fucking hope I'm doing something more useful than this shithole, but if I'm not - there's no fucking cybertruck.

but this is the power of tesla mindshare.
    You do realise that you are not well?? Like, you are much closer being a "batshitcrazy catlady" than "just ill in the head".

Just to make sure if you missed the memo.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Lol

TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    hooking up bumpers is high school level idiocy.
    haha! they forgot the bonfire and natty ice.
    out of frame maybe.

rwd 150 (maybe +/- 4500 lbs) on pizza cutters, vs that 4wd +/-7000lb anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    haha! they forgot the bonfire and natty ice.
    Only way to do it..

Well, when 2021 rolls around, there should be some interesting truck options out there. I personally am going to hold on to my gas hog of a truck for a few more years in the hope of finding a decent electric truck in the market that won't break the bank to buy. Range isn't all that much of a concern. I rarely drive it more than 50 miles a day. And I think a lot of the contractor types that might be interested in hauling/towing stuff to the job site are also not driving more than 50-60 miles each way. No doubt the auto mfg. already have all the relevant data to make that determination.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, when 2021 rolls around, there should be some interesting truck options out there. I personally am going to hold on to my gas hog of a truck for a few more years in the hope of finding a decent electric truck in the market that won't break the bank to buy. Range isn't all that much of a concern. I rarely drive it more than 50 miles a day. And I think a lot of the contractor types that might be interested in hauling/towing stuff to the job site are also not driving more than 50-60 miles each way. No doubt the auto mfg. already have all the relevant data to make that determination.
    Yep, I'm really curious about this in general (even if I'm not looking for one personally). A contractor truck seems the ideal role for an electric vehicle (outside of maybe a local delivery mail truck) given their generally smallish range and already boxy form factor. I'm surprised it wasn't one of the earlier uses. Maybe with the miles being somewhat low, lifetime breakeven just wasn't going to be there.

Based on the specs of the Ford Mach E, I don't see why their electric 150 can't have 400+ miles. Trucks have more room for batteries.

Manufacturers probably haven't pushed them yet because there's little money to be made on maintenance and dealers are sometimes not promoting any EV they are given. Why push a an EV ford vs an ICE ford when you know you will make more money off the ICE version. Salesman don't like them. They sometimes push myths about them and steer customers to ICE cars.

Landrover is finally able to take a deep breath; internet fan boys are discussing the CyberTruck instead of making fun of the new Defender.

Looking forward to the real-life Bollinger v CyberTruck v Rivian in a few years.

A sizable portion of the truck market is rural. Folks in rural areas can stack a lot of miles in a day simply driving to the nearest Costco or Home Depot. For me, that's a 160 miles without any stops. Add in temps in the teens and it could be a challenge. But I hope they keep pushing this envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    A sizable portion of the truck market is rural. Folks in rural areas can stack a lot of miles in a day simply driving to the nearest Costco or Home Depot. For me, that's a 160 miles without any stops. Add in temps in the teens and it could be a challenge. But I hope they keep pushing this envelope.
    4hrs on the highway of tears to the nearest HD or Costco,

its not the middle of nowhere but you can see nowhere from here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

And I think a lot of the contractor types that might be interested in hauling/towing stuff to the job site are also not driving more than 50-60 miles each way.
    A lot of off site construction workers travel from home to the work site every Monday, and camp out all week. Not having a viable way to charge at a cheap hotel will be a problem. I am sure as EV's get more popular, more and more hotels will have chargers, but that is not what I see right now.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    4hrs on the highway of tears to the nearest HD or Costco,

its not the middle of nowhere but you can see nowhere from here
    The only things I needed in PG that I couldn't find or order in up there was advanced health care and university education. Be honest man, you only travel from Smithers to PG for the culture.

400kms west Its always been a little more hippiefied, I think the american draft dodgers had some influence but now we got the 2 craft brew pubs in a town of only 5000 so now I can get my culture in my glass eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Trucks.

Need some additional batteries on the trailer to augment the system and a modest reduction in size to account for the additional mass. Additional batteries wouldn’t add to aerodynamic drag, which is by far the largest energy cost. You could easily double or triple your energy budget.

The bigger issue is where are you gonna charge that 300 kWh rig in the NFS campground?

That 100 kWh battery you just virtually added creates an additional 1200 lbs. digs a deeper hole. Yes, with no cost limitations, you could create a towing BEV that could meet these types of scenarios but net payload is reduced and the charging infrastructure at that scenic lake better be up to the challenge of juicing up 5 or 6 rigs with 400 kWh or whatever size battery is needed for the lake trip scenario.

The energy density per lb is the issue. Gas (let alone Diesel) just kills it in this dept despite ICE inefficiencies.

I regularly drive across & explore parts of Nevada where some planning is needed even with a 500 mile range diesel RV. The logistics of similar driving with a 150 mile ‘effective range’ BEV truck/trailer aren’t attractive.

At any rate I’m glad to see technology investment.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

How about that ski rack at 16:04?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    How about that ski rack at 16:04?
    Good way to fuck up skis with sale/grime and dragging on parking lots. Dumb fuks

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    That 100 kWh battery you just virtually added creates an additional 1200 lbs. digs a deeper hole. Yes, with no cost limitations, you could create a towing BEV that could meet these types of scenarios but net payload is reduced and the charging infrastructure at that scenic lake better be up to the challenge of juicing up 5 or 6 rigs with 400 kWh or whatever size battery is needed for the lake trip scenario.

The energy density per lb is the issue. Gas (let alone Diesel) just kills it in this dept despite ICE inefficiencies.

I regularly drive across & explore parts of Nevada where some planning is needed even with a 500 mile range diesel RV. The logistics of similar driving with a 150 mile ‘effective range’ BEV truck/trailer aren’t attractive.

At any rate I’m glad to see technology investment.
    Can’t add weight. Already at max gcwr. That’s why I noted the trailer must be smaller.

I agree with you that it’s not reasonable to tow with an electric vehicle.