Page 118 of 199 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered.

I need new lights for my 2012 Tundra. The housings/lenses are shot. I have tried all the restoration methods. They are toast. Driving at night with no weather is not great. Driving at night with snow or rain is downright scary. There are lots of aftermarket housings/bulb setups.
    I've replaced the stock halogen lights in a couple cars with inexpensive Amazon leds. Simply put, with the cheap stuff you get what you pay for. The light output is massive compared to the old tech but the cutoff is non-existent. So you're always brighting others, even with your brights off. It gets worse when your lights are dirty cuz that disperses the comically bright beam even further. That said, getting brighted is just par for the course these days and, unless you're really aggregious with it you'll never have any imperial entanglements over it and you'll be marginally less likely to hit a deer or a drunken adolescent.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Just bought a new (to me) '20 Silverado 1500 LTZ. 14k on the odometer. To say I am tickled pink would be an understatement...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Diesel is another $8K up front, comes with some significant downside risks (very expensive repairs that aren't too uncommon), heavy (reduces payload), and most importantly, I don't need that much power. I'm hopeful that the pushrod V8 (that looks a lot like a GM LS engine) will be reliable. And that the transmission built to hold up behind the more powerful diesel will have no problems behind the gas engine that has half the torque.
    I’ve heard nothing but good things about the new 7.3 gasser.

Nice rig, I hope it treats you well.

New truck has arrived. Four months from order to delivery. 2022 F350, XLT, 7.3L gas. Spent a lot of today installing little things and playing with the electronic settings. Need to install camper tie down brackets and am swapping all the shocks and steering stabilizer for Bilstein (and unloading the OEM takeoffs on Craigslist).

It's ridiculously large.
    Should go for a tray bike rack in the back in lieu of that vertical one…. You need to add more length to that thing and no way the bikes can fit in the bed…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Bikes won't fit in the bed when there's a camper in the bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Diesel is another $8K up front, comes with some significant downside risks (very expensive repairs that aren't too uncommon), heavy (reduces payload), and most importantly, I don't need that much power. I'm hopeful that the pushrod V8 (that looks a lot like a GM LS engine) will be reliable. And that the transmission built to hold up behind the more powerful diesel will have no problems behind the gas engine that has half the torque.
    If the 7.3l had been available when I got my 6.7l I definitely would have considered it for all these reasons. That said, the savings at the pump (between mileage and the cost differential between diesel and gas) are adding up nicely.

Sweet rig.

Official launch of the new generation Tundra happens Sunday night during the Chiefs vs Ravens game at 6:00 pm PST. Apparently site launch simultaneously. Then Tuesday it’s shown in full glory at a modified auto show. Finally. So pumped

Dear auto manufacturers:

Please stop making pickup trucks as un-aerodynamic as humanly possible and slope the hood downward from the cabin to improve sight lines and decrease the Mack truck like grills.

Thank you

But how will I feel manly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But how will I feel manly?
    You can burn more fuel, carry more weight and announce your hefty masculine endowment by GOTOS of course.
    Just owning a gigantic truck shouldn't be the mark of he Alpha male, you have to slather it with bespoke off-road flair of your choosing to really make your statement.

Oh, and chrome truck nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    You can burn more fuel, carry more weight and announce your hefty masculine endowment by GOTOS of course.
    Just owning a gigantic truck shouldn't be the mark of he Alpha male, you have to slather it with bespoke off-road flair of your choosing to really make your statement.

Oh, and chrome truck nuts.
    Do you mean wannabe alphas? Most of the guys that I see in brodozers are little guys with a complex.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Do you mean wannabe alphas? Most of the guys that I see in brodozers are little guys with a complex.

Sarcasm, do you speak it?

A man is what he buys.

FTR, I agree that the hoods are way too big on modern trucks, and I think it really is to give drivers the sense that they're driving the biggest Canyonero on the road.

The new front ends are huDge but some of that size is for cooling. There are tons of heat exchangers on new trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Sarcasm, do you speak it?
    I speak English and a little Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The new front ends are huDge but some of that size is for cooling. There are tons of heat exchangers on new trucks.
    Fair point. My Tacoma has a manual transmission, so it's mostly air under there, but if I think about the few times I've looked under the hood of a modern American truck, there's a lot going on.

I love these. Ordering some "Tapout" stickers.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I love these. Ordering some "Tapout" stickers.
    They will go well with your Affliction tees and embroidered jeans

A man is what he buys.

FTR, I agree that the hoods are way too big on modern trucks, and I think it really is to give drivers the sense that they're driving the biggest Canyonero on the road.
    What's with the short, heavily angled windshields?

Drove a Titan XD today. Handled like a boat, with loose steering feedback. But it has a "medium" 6.5' bed.

The Titan handled a lot better, but I can't find one with the long bed.

Took one of the '21 chevy colorados out to the field the other day. It and another replaced the 5yr old tacomas we had. What an absolute piece of shit truck for bush work. Shitty view from any angle, very low slung front suspension, and the base model with only up/down and backrest tilt seats fucked up my back and sciatica. Drove alright on the hiway passing the semis and motorhomes. Would not recommend except as a grocery getter on non-technical backroads. Wish we could get those tacos back - and I thought those were sub-par to my old '03 taco.

Not suprised the 1st colorado's were also shit, the tech I worked with bought a Colorado that we were using up the morice, it sucked big time, the tires sucked so she had to buy new tires on a brand new 4x4 truck ... i held my tongue

last week we did a tour by bike from Smithers to almost Nazko on 500 kms of bad road
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A man is what he buys.

Tacoma has high resale value of any vehical in NA so wtf does that mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I speak English and a little Spanish

Spanglish ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I've replaced the stock halogen lights in a couple cars with inexpensive Amazon leds. Simply put, with the cheap stuff you get what you pay for. The light output is massive compared to the old tech but the cutoff is non-existent. So you're always brighting others, even with your brights off. It gets worse when your lights are dirty cuz that disperses the comically bright beam even further. That said, getting brighted is just par for the course these days and, unless you're really aggregious with it you'll never have any imperial entanglements over it and you'll be marginally less likely to hit a deer or a drunken adolescent.
    really ? I'm suprised

the quartz halogen headlight had a very sharp beam, i was at a Cibie demo many yars ago where the marketing guy demonstrated this by bringing a regular headlight and then a Cibie they had mounted in a demo box up under someones eyes

they would 1st bring a quartz halogen's sharp beam right up under a victims eyes before his pupils started to Dilate

then aa stock sealed beam of 50 yars ago which gave out all kinds of stray light that caused the eyes to react before the beam got anywhere near as high as the quartz light

a great demo