Page 136 of 199 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

I was leaning towards 2 doors for sure, I guess they're not doing a 2-door hybrid? Wasn't aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    "Windshield Replacement Costs
    Typically, the cost of a windshield replacement is between $100-$400, including labor with the average cost ranging between $210-230. Collectible cars and luxury vehicles can jump the price to as high as $1,500 but it all depends on the vehicle.Oct 4, 2017"

I guess I paid a normal amount.
    gonna guess he was talking cost of materials, and it is pretty amazing, like cars or cellphones are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I was leaning towards 2 doors for sure, I guess they're not doing a 2-door hybrid? Wasn't aware of that.
    Tundra's haven't had reg cab since 2013, iirc.

The Taco has the 2 door extended cab on the '22's.

I suppose eventually hybrid would become available in a Taco, but waiting on Toyota is a losing game.

I did windshield comparison shopping once for the old beater (which has since been scrapped for $350). The different prices per shop for insured vs. not insured was crazy (like $500 vs. $250).

Another time, on my (since sold) 2010 Subaru Legacy, the cheapest windshield installer put a big glob of glue over the VIN. I did not notice, but a police officer did and I had to call the installer and do a whole thing to get out of a ticket. So, maybe pick the second cheapest bid.

Debating getting rid of the '04 Chevy K2500 for a new Tacoma. The Chevy is in good shape, nearly rust-free and runs good, I've had it on synthetic since it was new and it has synthetic tranny and transfer case fluid too.

But, it's way bigger than I need, chugs gas, and stuff is starting to go wrong with it on a regular basis, enough that a payment on something new would bepretty much a wash over the last year,

One thing I was kinda thinking about, with all the supply chain shit, a truck that needs parts on the reg could be a problem. I just got the front hubs replaced and they said it could wait a while but they were almost out of the good parts they usually use and were scrambling for alternatives so I went ahead and did it now.

I dunno, I'm torn. It's been a good truck, but...well I dunno. Latest thing is the right turn signal, there's a gremlin in the electrical somewhere, maybe it will be easy to fix, maybe not. It goes back in the shop next week and I just got it out 2 weeks ago.

What sez ye?
    If the gas mileage is bumming you out, maybe try to find a diesel Colorado or wait for the Gladiator 4xe or other good hybrid options? It seems like there will be more choices there over the next year or two. I'm kind of hoping for something in that segment when we are due for a new 4x4, eventually.

I wouldn't sweat supply chain issues or parts availability in the medium term. I don't see ongoing problems there beyond q1 of next year, though some businesses will definitely continue to use that as a vague excuse for their shiftiness.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

If the 2500 is prone to the same electrical crap as the Suburbans, I'd be ready to run really quickly. I had an 03 that had an intermittent instrument cluster and failed ABS that I sold for $1500. The ABS was probably a speed sensor but could be terrifying if it kicked in at low speed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

It was doing a lot of wack shit a while back but it got tracked down to a bad body control module, which was a pretty cheap fix and sorted it all out. This latest thing is probably corrosion somewhere they think.

The first 16 years of its life the truck lived in Maryland but now it's in Mass. ~200 feet from the ocean and they use a ton of salt in the winter around here so if the electrical system is corroding that's not gonna be good.

Is the taco gonna pull that boat, or do you not do your own towing?

It just gets hauled and stored right at the marina, I didn't even buy a trailer. Pretty light duty use now for sure. Go to the dump every week, firewood, shit like that. The 2500 was bought to haul trailers but that need went away and it's way overkill for my use but we had it and it's paid for so we just kept it

Are you planning to get rid of the 2500?

Debating getting rid of the '04 Chevy K2500 for a new Tacoma.
    I was leaning towards 2 doors for sure
    If you test drive the small cab tacoma, make sure to do some freeway driving. It's a tin can, and the safety air vents are in the rear wall of the cab, so the drone of the rear tires is constant. The double cab is a little better due to distance from your ears, and gets a little quieter with someone sitting back there.

It's like the hood was literally designed to redirect the sun into your eyes - even moreso the fake scoop version.

People complain about the seats being uncomfortable and/or impossible to get into the right position (personally, I don't mind them), but apparently that's been addressed in the 2022 model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If you test drive the small cab tacoma, make sure to do some freeway driving. It's a tin can, and the safety air vents are in the rear wall of the cab, so the drone of the rear tires is constant. The double cab is a little better due to distance from your ears, and gets a little quieter with someone sitting back there.

It's like the hood was literally designed to redirect the sun into your eyes - even moreso the fake scoop version.

People complain about the seats being uncomfortable and/or impossible to get into the right position (personally, I don't mind them), but apparently that's been addressed in the 2022 model.
    I just hate that I can’t cram a crushed beer can under the drivers seat in the new Tacoma. No room whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Are you planning to get rid of the 2500?
    Debating it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

10-4, thanks.

Debating it now.

Interesting, and potentially interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	394535

Name:	IMG_1413.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	394534

Name:	IMG_1414.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	394533

This a pretty neat little fire truck that made its way to Puerto Rico from Japan and is now in Idaho w freshly issued plates.

Anyone tried or have opinions on the all eletric 2022 F150 Lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bigt View Post

No to the first part, but yes to the second. I want one but don't have any plans to replace my current truck anytime soon. My guess is that there will be some growing pains but Ford knows their market well enough to realize that they have to get this one close enough to right or they'll turn off pickup fans from electric for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigt View Post

I'm sitting on an early reservation, but even with that it's not clear that it'll be possible to get one next year. Order buckets were alleged going to open in Oct, then that got pushed to Dec, so we'll see. The main issue is they have somewhere between 150-200k reservations and are only building 15k Lightnings in 2022 before expanding the production in subsequent years. I would assume even with attrition on their reservations that they're 2-3 years out unless you're already in line.

As to the truck itself, I checked it out at the traveling demo that they brought through Seattle for reservation holders. Looks awesome, and I'm definitely stoked on it. I said this elsewhere, but my only quibble is that I wish they would offer it with a 6.5' bed instead of just the 5.5', but I'd deal with that. The frunk is awesome for locked storage, interior was comfortable and looked good, and the power features in the bed/frunk are great. They were only doing ride-alongs instead of test drives, but it accelerates faster than anything I've ever driven, and the lack of body roll through corners due to the low battery weight impressed me.

Rivian just got tested towing a car across the country. Range was fucking pitiful at 120-160 mile range at highway speeds per realistic charge (as in to maintain the battery you don't run it to zero and only charge to 80% to save charge time). It'll be sub 100 for contractors doing stuff in town or towing anything like an enclosed trailer or box. Add in all those extra stops you have to make, plus the added time of charging and they averaged barely over 300 miles PER DAY.

Fuck that shit. Lightning isn't going to be any better than that and that is a non-starter for most people. They also completely gloss over the fact in a lot of situations they had to go out of their way to charge it currently. Oh and by the way, 1 in 4 charging stations was broken when they showed up, and the kicker, you probably will need to unhitch your trailer to charge the fucking thing.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43320/...-cross-country

120 miles is a fucking joke. I tow my boat further than that to go to the lake most days, and forget about anybody who uses a camper. But the tesla bros who want an electric brodozer I'm sure will be stoked and fill the internet with "no one actually uses trucks for truck stuff" arguments that don't hold water outside of NYC or LA.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Rivian just got tested towing a car across the country. Range was fucking pitiful at 120-160 mile range at highway speeds per realistic charge (as in to maintain the battery you don't run it to zero and only charge to 80% to save charge time). It'll be sub 100 for contractors doing stuff in town or towing anything like an enclosed trailer or box. Add in all those extra stops you have to make, plus the added time of charging and they averaged barely over 300 miles PER DAY.

Fuck that shit. Lightning isn't going to be any better than that and that is a non-starter for most people. They also completely gloss over the fact in a lot of situations they had to go out of their way to charge it currently. Oh and by the way, 1 in 4 charging stations was broken when they showed up, and the kicker, you probably will need to unhitch your trailer to charge the fucking thing.

120 miles is a fucking joke. I tow my boat further than that to go to the lake most days, and forget about anybody who uses a camper. But the tesla bros who want an electric brodozer I'm sure will be stoked and fill the internet with "no one actually uses trucks for truck stuff" arguments that don't hold water outside of NYC or LA.
    Name:  trcuk trailer boat.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  131.7 KB

Yea fuck that, my truck is used as a truck and in the west I go one hell of a lot further than 100 miles frequently.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Over here in real ‘murica… they don’t tow that far.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Name:  trcuk trailer boat.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  131.7 KB

Yea fuck that, my truck is used as a truck and in the west I go one hell of a lot further than 100 miles frequently.
    That’s exactly the reason I did not even consider a non-gas truck this time around. I got a 38 gallon tank in my current vehicle and the thing can go for 500 miles on a tank. When we have adequate range and charging stations in the Intermountain west I will consider going electric but that seems to be many many years away at this point.

Anecdotal and preliminary, but you also glossed over the fact they were making estimates on using 64% of the charge.

Multiply those decimals together and they suggest the R1T with a trailer in tow is sustaining 121 to 161 miles per 64-percent charge. Maximum range with that trailer, then, would appear to top out between 188 and 251 miles.
    Yeah, it's not for everyone, but I think it would work for more people than the truck bros assume.

Do you think most contractors tow more than 100 miles most days? When I worked a job involving a landscaping trailer, we towed it maybe 60 miles a day and I suspect that in more urban areas it would be even less.

Look at the new E-Transit, which Ford built basically just for fleet customers. They didn't even bother to chase the super high ranges that impress consumers who use their truck for recreational things. It has a 126 mile range.

Also something where you are starting and stopping is likely to yield better mileage than highway driving in electric vehicles due to regenerative breaking.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that an electric truck is the best vehicle for the long range uphill boat towing group that appears to be the online counterbalance to the "no one really needs a truck" group online. But to suggest that a truck is a joke because it can't tow a car trailer more than 150 miles on the highway overlooks how the majority of truck users (even professional users) use their vehicle, whether or not it's how you do.