Page 166 of 199 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Somebody is selling an 86 Toyota custom cab near me: https://www.facebook.com/groups/neva...276947&app=fbl

The average vehicle in America is over 11 years old. Most people will be driving an ICE vehicle in ten years, and it won’t even be close.

People are still bitching about cash for clunkers. I like the idea of going EV but the smart money move is still looking like a reliable ICE that’ll go for a decade+.
    focus.

Got a Lightning with 53 miles. 179k.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

No warranty tho?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    People are still bitching about cash for clunkers. I like the idea of going EV but the smart money move is still looking like a reliable ICE that’ll go for a decade+.
    Same. Last fall I grabbed a new 21 tundra and while I cringe at the pump, I’ve put old truck problems behind me and hopefully have taken broke down truck out of the equation for a bunch of years. Also given my use-case, the 38 gallon tank is much more applicable to me than current EV range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    No warranty tho?
    I think that's just GM doing that. There's always 3rd party warranties.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Care to show your work? Because the only way that checks out is if the cost of gas plummets or you buy a very cheap efficient used ice that you drive for 10 years.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Care to show your work? Because the only way that checks out is if the cost of gas plummets or you buy a very cheap efficient used ice that you drive for 10 years.
    Haven’t really penciled it, admittedly, but I’m not finding AWD options that comfortably get me 250 miles of range in sub-freezing temps for less than $50k used, and even at that it’s a bit of a stretch and I have doubts that my range will hold up over ten years. And that’s what I need to feed the ski and bike habit on a weekly basis (during mid-winter). Easy enough to find a reliable ICE for $20k that’ll do the same. Can I make up $30k in 10 years with increased efficiency and lower maintenance costs? Maybe…. Should do the math, I guess, but I has a skepticism.

Now, I’ll probably not take the most practical and economical option when I buy my next car, because that isn’t fun, which puts EV in play. I’m just pointing out that ICE isn’t going away immediately outside of some substantial intervention by the same things you mention.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 08-09-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    focus.

Saw the f150 lightning in person today. Nice looking truck. 2 downsides I noticed, bed liner was a cheap plastic insert instead of spray in and touch screen is absolutely massive.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I'd definitely go for a LineX bedliner over any of the drop in or factory spray in options - it's burlier. F150 Lighting is really cool - also curious about the new Chevy that's coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    I am hoping my next truck is a 2028 Cummins Ram fueled by hydrogen.
    I’ve worked with hydrogen before, and seen it blow up. I’m not going to have it in my car or house. No matter what the car salesman says, or what the green progressive media says, or what the State of Oregon says, hydrogen will always leak and it will eventually blow up. But it will take a few catastrophic explosions before the public wises up to hydrogen’s nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I'd definitely go for a LineX bedliner over any of the drop in or factory spray in options - it's burlier. F150 Lighting is really cool - also curious about the new Chevy that's coming next year.
    They were filming a commercial for the electric Silverado here a couple weeks ago. You can get it in blue- I know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Saw the f150 lightning in person today. Nice looking truck. 2 downsides I noticed, bed liner was a cheap plastic insert instead of spray in and touch screen is absolutely massive.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Ford offers a bed liner or a spray-in liner (or at least those were the options on my truck). The spray-in liner is burley. Not sure what sort of asshole gets the plastic liner, or why.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Ford tows 80 miles needs recharge
    im sticking with my 3.5 eco boost for now

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-f-...ith-a-trailer/
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    I’ve worked with hydrogen before, and seen it blow up. I’m not going to have it in my car or house. No matter what the car salesman says, or what the green progressive media says, or what the State of Oregon says, hydrogen will always leak and it will eventually blow up. But it will take a few catastrophic explosions before the public wises up to hydrogen’s nature.
    Have also worked on Hydrogen for years…storage, fueling, etc. tech has come a long way, and so has safety engineering.

That said, no way it makes sense for light duty vehicles. Boats/planes/heavy duty trucks? Maybe. Grid storage and demand response? Definitely

flow batteries with swappable liquid electrolyte appear more feasible, as do the ability to push fast charging tech.

^like back when u could change out your cell phone battery, i dunno... i recently saw YT vid of a lady putting gas at pump into plastic bags , so changin out batteries for the masses? what could go wrong?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Have also worked on Hydrogen for years…storage, fueling, etc. tech has come a long way, and so has safety engineering.

That said, no way it makes sense for light duty vehicles. Boats/planes/heavy duty trucks? Maybe. Grid storage and demand response? Definitely
    Yes, behind fences and handled by trained professionals hydrogen makes sense. But in the public’s hands, it’s a recipe for disaster.

Yes, behind fences and handled by trained professionals hydrogen makes sense. But in the public’s hands, it’s a recipe for disaster.
    Can the same arguments be made for gasoline?
    "Let's be careful out there."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1660141117.572177.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	423475

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Can the same arguments be made for gasoline?
    Of course, they can.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Insane. That's more than it sold for brand new twenty years ago.

^Only 14k over KBB value…

wtf are these people thinking

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums