Page 57 of 199 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Two of my neighbors have/had Unimogs, but they've either sold or moved. And there's a guy who's kind of infamous around town with a '56 that always has three big malamutes in the back. He's somehow related to Fonzie, and both he and the dogs have been extras in tv shows and movies.

There's also a guy between here and Mt Baker who has a few of them in his yard rotting away.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

My God it’s amazing.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    My God it’s amazing.
    If Magic needs a work truck, I’ll drive it up for you for the low,low price of: getting to drive it up.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Anyone in the market for a low mileage, minty Unimog?

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d...815326916.html

Attachment 269383

She’s a beaut, but the 2.5s/5tons are easier to fix and more bang for the buck. Parts vehicles are pretty common also. We had a 6x6 5ton towing rig (like a TTT, not the troop carrier version) set up for aggressive backwoods climbing/towing and she was an absolute monster- dragged a 6T bullwheel up the trap rock workroad like it was nothing. Shit, we towed a tracked bombi crane up with it too.

Goddam I miss that truck. Talk about a beast!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Thoughts on the new Jeep Gladiator?

Most of me hates post CJ Jeeps. I respect their ability but they're still Chryslers and the ratio of mall crawlers to real crawlers is off the charts. That said, part of me says this is the ultimate rig in a lot of ways. I'd probably still choose a built Tacoma over the Rubicon but still....

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-jeep-g...you-1830696134
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    My God it’s amazing.
    Custom Combat Trucks. This one belongs to a customer of mine.

http://www.customcombattrucks.com/

5 Ton Bobbed Crew Cab $72,500 Hard Top, 53" Tires, Custom CCT Bumpers, Interior Carpet, Headliner, 5 Captain's Chairs, Center Console, and Choice of Speedliner* color and coating (interior and exterior)
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    they're still Chryslers
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Most of me hates post CJ Jeeps. I respect their ability but they're still Chryslers and the ratio of mall crawlers to real crawlers is off the charts. That said, part of me says this is the ultimate rig in a lot of ways. I'd probably still choose a built Tacoma over the Rubicon but still....

Part of me really wants one, especially if they eventually make it with the PHEV drivetrain from the new 4 door Wrangler.

But then I remember that they're gonna want 40-50k for it new. And if I'm drunk enough to buy a used FCA product, I'm too drunk to drive.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

too slow with the phone but I saw a black firetruck retrofitted to a camper. One of those big boxy mid 80's type trucks. Looked like a pain in the ass to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

5 Ton Bobbed Crew Cab $72,500 Hard Top, 53" Tires, Custom CCT Bumpers, Interior Carpet, Headliner, 5 Captain's Chairs, Center Console, and Choice of Speedliner* color and coating (interior and exterior)
    I like it blue...how much you think that used one would go for?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

There is an extremely high level of want with me for this, but I'm already a Jeep guy with a Wrangler.

This is by far going to be the best overland rig out there that isn't one of those Iveco/Unimog/ et al beasts. That is if you actually want to take it offroad. The taco's are fine as well, but this will run circles around it and the suspension will definitely be burlier. Parts will be cheap, plentiful, and instead of having the exact same Taco as every other overlander out there with the exact same build, you can make one of these 100% unique, for about 40% of the cost (mod cost only, I think the trucks will cost about the same ultimately with the Rubi being maybe a couple g's more, Tacos aint cheap either).

It is also a convertible truck. Convertible, truck.

The mall crawler douche quotient is sky high though, I don't give a shit though, Jeep rigs are badass and won WW2. America!
    Live Free or Die

Lemme get a franchise right quick...

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I like it blue...how much you think that used one would go for?
    40s most likely.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 02-14-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Most Tires that fit on a Unimog start disintegrating at speeds above 60. Their wide stance also tends puts its tires off the path of most vehicles and into the path of things that damage tires.
    Hmm, I thought wide stances were only a problem in airport bathrooms.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

tBTV
    I posted this already but the huuddgge wheelbase and low resulting breakover Angle (20 deg) is the main weakness. I wish they had a supercab version with flipdown bench seat and shorter WB.

But these days everyone wants comfy seating for 4 fat fucks, so I get why they did this.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I thought you were dead
    Just moving metal. Been busy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

God dammit I need to hit the lottery already.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    tBTV
    I posted this already but the huuddgge wheelbase and low resulting breakover Angle (20 deg) is the main weakness. I wish they had a supercab version with flipdown bench seat and shorter WB.

But these days everyone wants comfy seating for 4 fat fucks, so I get why they did this.

Not that you’re wrong but in the interest of fairness that’s nothing a huuddgge lift and tires wouldn’t fix, which is really the only reason to buy a Jeep anyways.

I mostly agree esp about the new jeeps. Buy a new Rubicon and throw another 30 grand to just toss the 44s and put in dynatrac 60s etc. But to be honest most CJ guys I know have are running a new v8(inline 6 was a dog but great motor), new tranny, and a 14 and 44(or 60). No one just builds a sammy anymore...

Name:  A2722940-481B-421D-9BDF-181E00626CD5.jpeg
Views: 692
Size:  428.9 KB

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I've never driven a Unimog or a deuce-and-a-half, but this HIGHLY recommended video puts them in perspective nicely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0a51ZqjOQ

The novelty would wear off pretty quickly for me I think.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    I've never driven a Unimog or a deuce-and-a-half, but this HIGHLY recommended video puts them in perspective nicely.

That was hilarious and, yeah, a pretty honest review. The Outside article linked to a few days ago definitely tried pretty hard to make it seem rough around the edges but somehow glamorous. I've gotta think that it'd stop being fun pretty quickly if you actually tried to travel in one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hmm, I thought wide stances were only a problem in airport bathrooms.
    Tappy, tap, tap
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post

junior had to have the Cummins turbo dodge, 6 spd manual, chipped 8ft box. The reality is that his wife can't really drive the stick which kind of shudders from stop to stop, its more of a hassle to climb up into with small kids, its fucking huge to park and he is so over it

keep in mind this is a somewhat normal PU truck
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    That was hilarious and, yeah, a pretty honest review. The Outside article linked to a few days ago definitely tried pretty hard to make it seem rough around the edges but somehow glamorous. I've gotta think that it'd stop being fun pretty quickly if you actually tried to travel in one of these.
    I have to agree. And while for me it never stops being fun, it's an acquired taste. I've driven tons behind the wheel, modded the fuck out of them, and used them for some pretty hairy shit. It's its own thing. Now, the 5 tons I find pretty ridiculous.