Page 110 of 199 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Huge beast early PSD OBS Ford dually

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto...347028869.html

I know the market is crazy bit I paid less than that for my plow truck which is a 97 that had 98k on the clock. Not a crew cab but was in better shape.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So Maverick is category 3 on Chup's list, which from my viewpoint is basically a Subaru Baja. What's the point of these car trucks? I have friends that own Ridgelines and love them but I'm not sure why. If you're carrying 3+ bikes regularly it's maybe better than putting them on a rack? Definitely better for transporting dead stuff (does an ungulate fit in a 4.5' bed)? Is there some piece of sporting equipment that fits better in a micro bed vs hitch rack or roof (foil board)? Otherwise I see a car with an open/unsecured cargo area. WHHHYYY?
    I just reserved one.

Honestly was just looking for a practical car to replace one of 20 years jap shit boxes that is unlikely to pass inspection much longer. We already have a 2000 F350 Diesel Dually as a farm work truck.

Well it may be used for some light work duty around the farm and the bed for farm stuff is way more preferable than inside a wagon or SUV. Its much vehicle dollar per dollar than the Bronco Sport as well. Its about 6k cheaper versus a bronco Sport with the same 2.0T.

Basically we needed

Room for 2 and a dog.
    AWD/4wd
    soft roading capability
    Bike over tailgate is nice (there are only two of us but three should fit in a pitch)
    We will also like the fact that are main daily will be 20 years safer, we do not like the fact we are losing manual trans.
    Skis will be covered in the winter, I plan to top for winters once that option exist.

Overall is should drive better than any actual trucks. The only way Id be more stoked on it is if you could get a manual in it. Hell if there was a small wagon/SUV or Truck with AWD/4wd out there with a manual I would have probably sold myself on that as well. They literally do not exist new unless you get something really nice and money. I do need or even want a Golf R for a daily. Hell if I could find a Baja Turbo Stick Id probably buy it but I like weird things.

Considering what I've seen listed lately, that price isn't crazy in the current market. 4x4 duallies are pretty rare. Man, I kind of want to go look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Depends on the bike, and your level of creativity. I have a 96 LC and that lower section can take a large bike with Jones H bats over the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Dan is still 100% right. One exception is just a silly whatabout argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I know the market is crazy bit I paid less than that for my plow truck which is a 97 that had 98k on the clock. Not a crew cab but was in better shape.
    Looks like it already sold.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Looks like it already sold.
    I believe it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Huge beast early PSD OBS Ford dually

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto...347028869.html

That looks totally neat!

Trucks.

I’ve been borrowing an F150 with the hybrid v6 engine for the past few days from a family friend while on vacation and I have to say I’m impressed. 25mpg mixed driving so far, smooth power delivery and very quick when you step on it from a stop with the torque from the electric motor. Only nit is that the transition from regenerative braking to the discs is rather abrupt. A little over 1500lb payload in the XLT CCSB. With the prices on trucks right now this has me considering listing my 17 tundra and camper in lieu of a hybrid with a wedge camper or similar. I need to look into the configuration options from Ford because I’d like to have a 6.5’ bed. I hope Toyota will offer a Tundra hybrid as well.

eta. 700+ miles range with the standard 30.6 gal tank
    Last edited by jackattack; 07-09-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Tundra hybrid will be soonish, 2022 probably. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...rtrain-teased/

Can't help but think this might be a good time to sell the excursion since I drive it so infrequently and the used car market is stronger than ever. What do you guys think I should list it for?

2002 for excursion limited 7.3 with about 177k on the clock. Needs a few things like the electric door lock actuators, cd player doesn't work, etc... but generally good condition for a 20yo suv.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    cd player doesn't work
    Deal-breaker, undriveable.

Fix what needs fixing, get it detailed etc. and present it as a unicorn and I'd think you'd get $25K. Like you said, now is the time. Powerpokes and preDEF oilburners seem to be waning in popularity as a "want to have rig". I'd check the UT market as it is still the ultimate Mormon Assault Vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Fix what needs fixing, get it detailed etc. and present it as a unicorn and I'd think you'd get $25K. Like you said, now is the time. Powerpokes and preDEF oilburners seem to be waning in popularity as a "want to have rig". I'd check the UT market as it is still the ultimate Mormon Assault Vehicle.
    Pretty much. Reach for the stars and see who bites. Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and list on KSL to hit the Utah market.

Not sure about waning popularity. https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=power+stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Not sure about waning popularity. https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=power+stroke
    I think they are waning among those using their trucks daily as they are simply getting a bit old for that. Popularity among collectors and enthusiasts is higher than ever, with the ceiling not yet reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Those prices are mind blowing.

So I found the first thing I don't like about the Tacoma. Which of course is going to invite half of you to tell me I should've bought an F-550 and the other half will tell me what I really needed was a Prius, but.....the bed rails are too short. I was all set to buy a tonneau cover until I realized that there is only about 18" of clearance under the cover. Which would rule out most of my coolers and a few totes. Someone needs to make a tonneau cover that isn't flush and actually raises depth an inch or so, then everything would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    So I found the first thing I don't like about the Tacoma. Which of course is going to invite half of you to tell me I should've bought an F-550 and the other half will tell me what I really needed was a Prius, but.....the bed rails are too short. I was all set to buy a tonneau cover until I realized that there is only about 18" of clearance under the cover. Which would rule out most of my coolers and a few totes. Someone needs to make a tonneau cover that isn't flush and actually raises depth an inch or so, then everything would fit.
    Check with the overland crowd. I'm sure you can source some custom fabricated locking aluminum amounts all types of totes and coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Check with the overland crowd. I'm sure you can source some custom fabricated locking aluminum amounts all types of totes and coolers.
    Dry and secure is the point, while still being able to use the bed. The overland crowd likes to display everything on the outside.

Dry and secure is the point, while still being able to use the bed. The overland crowd likes to display everything on the outside.
    Got it. Sounds like a small enclosed trailer would be your best bet.

How often do you carry things that are either taller than cab height or need to be shoveled out? You could get a cap and it would solve that problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    How often do you carry things that are either taller than cab height or need to be shoveled out? You could get a cap and it would solve that problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    That’s probably going to be the solution. Then build something like DTM described to lift it off and store it easily when I don’t want it on.

After following this thread over the months I get the impression it must be really hard to figure out what trucks are for and how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    After following this thread over the months I get the impression it must be really hard to figure out what trucks are for and how to use them.
    It's pretty simple really.

Trucks should be the size of a semi and not ever used for anything but posing and getting groceries. Bigger than big is always better and be sure to trash talk anyone that doesn't have a grill that stands tall like a 6ft vertical wall.

Silly things like the Ridgeline that are actually more capable than Tacoma's are to be dismissed as cars because no body on frame.

Trucks.

Last edited by BCMtnHound; 07-09-2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Tapatalk is fucked