Page 124 of 199 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It looks like a GMC Sierra but not in a good way. Wish toyota had leaned a little more on the land cruiser heritage and feel with the design. Maybe they could have made round headlights a thing again?

The whale mouth grill with angry eye headlights thing on Toyotas (and other cars) is getting really tiresome.
    Well, the whole shell design premise of a Tundra is to try to make it look bigger despite being a 1/2 ton…

Lotta guys on youtube saying "it looks better than the pictures" lol.

Code for, it's fugly alright, but Toyota paid me to come here to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've tried to get a minivan a few times now and run into almost exactly the same answer. Shit pisses me off...
    I drove a mini van for work all over the narth in bad conditions, never mind that the better stabilty in snow cuz of long WB/ lower CG, room for 7, huge carrying capacity, good milage the probelm is that it will look like a mini van

The high CG/short wb make the SUV a handfull on a icy highway once the ass end starts to wigwag you got a really good chance of atrip to the ditch, even an excab PU is better cuz the WB is so much longer, the milage is shitty, it doesnt carry much, really the only purpose of the SUV was for soccer moms to distance themselves from the mini van

maybe the mini van makers need to hang one of them big grilles on a minivan ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Oh hey, they even have the duramax-esque stuff on the hood. Oh well. I like the look of the new Silverado and the tundra is an upgrade over previous gen. I'm sure it will grow on people.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Toyota had a chance and they blew it with that design. Got to climb all over one locally a couple weeks ago. Nice to see the interior finally almost catching up to the others.
    You saw it before it was released to the public? The truck has only been shown publicly in Michigan at the motor bella show 9/21 and Texas state fair last weekend. Well, besides the industry reveal at the start of the month in Frisco TX.
    It might not appeal to you and some others but I’ll bet their sales go up and it will out live trucks from the big 3 made in 2022.

Eta: it was debuted in Vegas last wknd as well
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 10-02-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Trucks.

Definitely liking the hybrid options coming out. Charging infrastructure isn’t great here so not ready to go full electric. I know they gotta beat each other’s torque and HP with each new truck, but it would be nice to eventually see a smaller engine that gets into the 30s mpg but still has reasonable power.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 10-02-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I have a 17 Tundra and I really like the new one! Very tempting but I’ve had literally no issues with mine, have 70k kilometres on it and I’ll keep it for 3 more years at least. Maybe jump into another pro by then.

The interior of my tundra really bugs me as it is ultra dated and for what I paid for it that annoys me. It drives great tho, looks awesome and still gets comments!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    It might not appeal to you and some others but I’ll bet their sales go up and it will out live trucks from the big 3 made in 2022.
    Last October I went up to test drive and possibly buy a 2021 Tundra CrewMax (at Marysville Toyota no less). I had been driving a 2005 4Runner Sport with the V8 for 15-years. Amazing reliability. However, after driving the Tundra, I was so disappointed. I rode like a box truck and was really uncomfortable. Everything felt so outdated. I was bummed because I wanted a full-sized truck and the Toyota reliability.

After the test drive, I went over to Kendall Ford right next door to test drive an F150. What a difference. I bought the F150 since I couldn’t wait another 12+ months for the new Tundra I hoped would be better.

That being said, I’m still a Toyota fan and hope Toyota did something to improve the Tundra over the current offering.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I’d suggest watching the engineer discuss the truck if you’re remotely interested. Or hating on it. https://youtu.be/w5InMb0kEt8

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Last October I went up to test drive and possibly buy a 2021 Tundra CrewMax (at Marysville Toyota no less). I had been driving a 2005 4Runner Sport with the V8 for 15-years. Amazing reliability. However, after driving the Tundra, I was so disappointed. I rode like a box truck and was really uncomfortable. Everything felt so outdated. I was bummed because I wanted a full-sized truck and the Toyota reliability.

After the test drive, I went over to Kendall Ford right next door to test drive an F150. What a difference. I bought the F150 since I couldn’t wait another 12+ months for the new Tundra I hoped would be better.

That being said, I’m still a Toyota fan and hope Toyota did something to improve the Tundra over the current offering.
    I bought a ‘21 and can understand where you’re coming from. It gave me a comfortable solid feel supported by Toyota’s reputation and history - but was also antiquated. The new truck shares zero parts of the outgoing model. Its new foundation is based on a combination of the best ideas from Hilux, Land Cruiser, and Tundra. Boxed frame with rear coils.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    You saw it before it was released to the public? The truck has only been shown publicly in Michigan at the motor bella show 9/21 and Texas state fair last weekend. Well, besides the industry reveal at the start of the month in Frisco TX.
    There was one here in the local dealer. Buddy who works there told me to come look at it. They had it in the shop getting ready to load it in an enclosed trailer. They wouldn’t let me take pics. They made me leave my phone in the truck. Said it was headed back east.
    Pretty cool technology in the truck, aesthetics are just lacking for me. If it’s your jam, cool, no need to take it so personal, it’s just a truck. Not a huge fan of any if the new designs on any new trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    There's another Clerks movie on the way, BTW.

The turning radius on our new F350 crew cab long bed truck is stupidly large. I'm making many more 3-point turns.
    Caught and appreciated that reference.. but there's already a Clerks 2. How about a Mallrats reboot??

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...loration-focus

Name:  ferring-1stmeet-12.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  157.0 KB

Small battery, recharged by 800 cc diesel for 4,000 mile range.

Fabric body panels. Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    smaller engine that gets into the 30s mpg but still has reasonable power.
    3.0 Duramax. Reliability seems hit or miss but plenty accounts of real world 30+ mpg.

Out of curiosity, I priced a Silverado at 55k and a Suburban around 70k. I think I'll wait for Rivian to make their model 3, charging infrastructure will be better by then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    If it’s your jam, cool, no need to take it so personal, it’s just a truck. Not a huge fan of any if the new designs on any new trucks.
    DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL?? You are talking about trucks here. This is my tribe! This is how I identify! What’s next you fuck my wife and tell me to calm down? You must be new here .

My wife is starting to jones for a mini-van now that kid #2 has arrived. She wants the tricked out Odyssey but it doesn’t come in AWD, which is a necessity living by 80 / skiing. I’m hoping to wait for a plug in hybrid version. Fingers crossed Toyota or Honda delivers in the next year or two. Which also means my car will be the tow and off-road vehicle so that means I could really use a 1/2 ton truck.

Trucks also seem like we are 4-5 years away from significant tech / electric drive improvements. Maybe I can delay this process a few years. It sure is nice not making vehicle payments.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    <snip>
    Trucks also seem like we are 4-5 years away from significant tech / electric drive improvements. Maybe I can delay this process a few years. It sure is nice not making vehicle payments.
    Ain't had a vehicle payment since 2008. It's nice... real nice.

Soon I won't have a mortgage payment either. Looking forward to that as well.

me neither ^^ just pay cash
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I thought there was an awd hybrid sienna that no longer allows for a plywood sheet…?

She has a '15 Sienna for our family of 5 specifically because it came with AWD and the Honda didn't. Honestly the thing dominates in slippery conditions. Long wheelbase, heavy, and AWD = Win.

Safe too. A friend was in a major accident in one. Totalled. Walked away shaken not stirred.

I wanted a Sienna AWD but the wife unit preferred the Odyssey. Great vehicle but it blows goats in the snow.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL?? You are talking about trucks here. This is my tribe! This is how I identify! What’s next you fuck my wife and tell me to calm down? You must be new here .
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yes. I've made the mistake of trying to get my wife to consider a 4wd Sienna. She's like "the closest I'll ever get to that is a 4runner"
    Before my wife was pregnant she was team no way will I ever drive a minivan. About 6 months into being pregnant with twins, and after learning to install car seats and fold up strollers she did an about 180 one day and announced she was getting an Odyssey. She wanted the remote sliding doors and back hatch as she realized she would, at times be carrying two babies. And how would she get them in the car when someone boxed her in in a lot? Now 13 years later she refuses to think about anything else because of the sheer convenience of the minivan.

My 2014 Silverado has been good to me with 160K on it but 95% of the time the minivan is so much easier to deal with. I got the folding hard Tonneau cover and a great rack set up, but it sucks for getting groceries in the rain because the tonneau now leaks. If you dont use the net, shit slides too and fro in the back.

I love the truck for doing truck things, but I've got to say minivans are an amazing freaking combo of comfort and utility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That new Kia Carnival would change my mind about minivans. Thing is pimped out for $45,000.
    No AWD that I see though. Seems like a missed market.

In Korea they sell it as a limo too, for $77,000. Looks like the interior of a private jet.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/519832/k...-seat-version/

My wife is starting to jones for a mini-van now that kid #2 has arrived. She wants the tricked out Odyssey but it doesn’t come in AWD, which is a necessity living by 80 / skiing. I’m hoping to wait for a plug in hybrid version. Fingers crossed Toyota or Honda delivers in the next year or two. Which also means my car will be the tow and off-road vehicle so that means I could really use a 1/2 ton truck.

An Odyssey with snows is phenominal in snow up to about 12 inches deep. It will plow through untouched 12 inch deep snow on roads.

Two years ago the NE got blasted by a winter storm and our area got 34 inches in less than a day. I tooled around in my 4 wheel drive Silverado and had a blast as most roads had 20 inches of untouched as plows could not keep up.

I then took out my wife's Odyssey with Blizzaks. It did really well in the cut up very deep stuff, but I made an error. I saw the turn to a cul de sac was 100% untracked and I went down it. As I went down the straight away toward the Cul Dlde sac I realized it was about 20 inches deep and I was plowing snow. I figured it was better to commit to the Cul de sac in drive than they to reverse. Wrong call. The trees in the middle of the Cul de sac had formed a wind break and the snow was 3 feet deep on the lee side of the trees. I realized my error and tried to power through the first 90 degrees of the circle but got STUCK hard. I basically got high centered in snow.

I grew up in WNY driving rear wheeled full size chevy Vans and Caprices so I dug deep into my past of driving in snow and getting stuck. As neighbors told me it was beyond hope, I worked the Odyssey to and fro and was able to back out in reverse and spin the front around facing where I had come from just as one can spin a rear wheel drive going forward.

The Odyssey is a fucking snow machine. I can only imagine one with chains or studded snows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk