Page 119 of 199 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Wish we could get those tacos back - and I thought those were sub-par to my old '03 taco.
    '06 was the last year they got the taco right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    A man is what he buys.

FTR, I agree that the hoods are way too big on modern trucks, and I think it really is to give drivers the sense that they're driving the biggest Canyonero on the road.
    I've been driving a 2500 Silverado crew cab for three months now. My last 2500 was an 07. At 5'10 I feel short trying to load anything into the bed. The thing is stock and sits so high I'm not sure exactly who it was designed for but I would go back to my 07 in a heartbeat. I feel like I'm driving a mack truck, which is nice on the highway but around town not so much. Does tow better than the old one though.

Anyone notice the "Chevy Truck Month" commercials?

Nothing about the trucks, I assume because none are available.

Truck month this year is about the stuff to buy that you bolt onto the truck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered.

I need new lights for my 2012 Tundra. The housings/lenses are shot. I have tried all the restoration methods. They are toast. Driving at night with no weather is not great. Driving at night with snow or rain is downright scary. There are lots of aftermarket housings/bulb setups.

Looking for:

- Not crazy expensive
    - Nice and bright, but not asshole slamming Monsters on backroads with low beams that are like looking into the sun.
    - Not that ghetto blue color that is like fake HID or something

Guessing I actually have to spend more money than I want to though. After having a nice car (Audi) with the factory HIDs it's hard going back to "normal" lights.....especially with shit lenses.

I will install myself.
    What did you find WG?
    My 2011 Tundra needs the same sort of headlight love. Can’t see shit at night now.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I've been laughing pretty hard at the new Silverado commercials.

"Dad's flexing again"
    Live Free or Die

The most important feature about trucks is the tailgate. Everything else is just window dressing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    What did you find WG?
    My 2011 Tundra needs the same sort of headlight love. Can’t see shit at night now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

I just tried this method. Short term results seem promising, but I cannot comment on durability. The standard refurbishing kit methods don’t seem to last very long.

This seemed worth a try to save about $500

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Fair point. My Tacoma has a manual transmission, so it's mostly air under there, but if I think about the few times I've looked under the hood of a modern American truck, there's a lot going on.
    No doubt some of it is a race to see who can claim biggest front end along with all the other biggest/best/most in class whatevers.

New Tundra. Hybrid option. I like it better than the current model. Launch video shows a bunch of Land Cruisers the US never got which is lame.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  2fed4d5077b9dd27b8b72fd117.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  49.4 KB

Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

I just tried this method. Short term results seem promising, but I cannot comment on durability. The standard refurbishing kit methods don’t seem to last very long.

This seemed worth a try to save about $500
    Appreciate it. Did a variation of this method several years ago. Need to replace em at this point.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

390hp/480tq for a base engine is badass
    Live Free or Die

F150 3.5 Ecoboost used market, enlighten me.

1st gen vs 2nd gen?
    Reliability?
    Known issues?

I am a GM guy, but people keep steering me towards this truck as it has the best towing for a 1/2 ton, gets decent mileage and drives good enough I guess.

Want to spend under $40k.
    Would like nice creature comforts (heated seats, decent interior.materials, etc) shocked to see how many xlts with cloth interior are out there. Work fleet strippers I guess.

Wonder why the hybrid doesn’t have an option for onboard AC power like the Ford. Also wonder why tundra doesn’t have a trim that competes with rhe high payload trim from Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

1st gen vs 2nd gen?
    Reliability?
    Known issues?

I am a GM guy, but people keep steering me towards this truck as it has the best towing for a 1/2 ton, gets decent mileage and drives good enough I guess.

Would like nice creature comforts (heated seats, decent interior.materials, etc) shocked to see how many xlts with cloth interior are out there. Work fleet strippers I guess.
    for reference my 2020 sxt model with 3.5 was $42909 out the door. I think MSRP was around $39000. 2021 with V8 MSRP is $44790. I looked for used trucks for awhile new seemed the way to go when you get in the $40000 range. I was thinking about the heated seats and leather but when I thought about writing the check for 20% more decided against.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    What did you find WG?
    Morimoto has a full headlight swap, if the price is good for your budget: Morimoto | The Benchmark in Automotive Lighting | 2011 Toyota Tundra LED and HID Upgrades (morimotohid.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

1st gen vs 2nd gen?
    Reliability?
    Known issues?

I'm biased with a 2017, but I think the second gen is a significant improvement.

There are outstanding field campaigns (ie we know this can be an issue but we're not going to do a recall) for cam phaser noise and a couple of other things, but reports from people who've had the field service done have been mixed (I think it's largely tweaking various control parameters in onboard computers).

Door locks are subject to moisture and freezing. Never had the issue in Montana, happens annoyingly often in Maine. There is are multiple field service campaigns, but the reports on the forums are that improving ventilation and drainage helps at least as much as the Ford fixes. Remote start to heat up the cabin on cold days keeps me and the locks happier, but I do keep straps on the truck for cargo and have used them between interior door handles.

I have cloth with heated seats in a fairly well optioned XLT, didn't want to spend another ten grand for leather, keyless start, and LED lighting. Traditionally, the price gap from XLT to Lariat is bigger than it looks based on stickers, as the XLT gets more promos. No idea what that means now. My plan is that if I still own the truck when my kids are old enough not to trash it, I'll go with aftermarket leather.

If you're handy, it's possible to upgrade some stuff to higher spec (eg I've got a heated Raptor wheel with working paddles), but it usually takes wiring, programming, and the parts themselves.

Oh, two big gotchas on XLT vs Lariat that I didn't think about when I bought mine:
    a) Lariats offer auto 4WD, XLTs are traditional transfer cases (2 or 4wd)
    b) I think, but am not sure, that the Lariat may have heat in the backseat of the crew cab. Or maybe it's a jump seat vs console thing. Either way, mine doesn't, so my kids will need to be tough during the winter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Thank vtbum, great stuff.

I heard about the phaser thing, and carboning valves, and early transmission death. Wish I could get a manual trans.
    Being new to Ford trucks I haven't figured out the trim levels, differences and associated costs yet. Lot's of xlts out there for sure.
    I currently have a pretty basic base 08 gmc Sierra crew 4x4 with cloth seats, I added Amazon seat heaters and they've been fine, but it has the 4.8 so towing sucks.
    Looking at 4wd crew cab with Max tow package so far, not set on a year or trim.

If I am spending $ for a newer upgraded truck, I was hoping for more creature comforts, especially if having to own a Ford ;-)

I had a 2014 Silverado LT with a bunch of options added - it was a great truck. Went without a truck for a few years and then ended up in a 2019 F-150 King Ranch with the 3.5 Ecoboost, and later a Raptor. But the KR and Raptor are almost the same in terms of fit, finish, and features. The Ford is a better truck - mainly because Chevy has done the bare minimum updates since 2014.

The 3.5 Ecoboost is powerful and gets solid mileage (19 combined / 21 highway actual in the King Ranch, 16 combined / 19 highway actual in the Raptor). The 10 speed transmission is great too - much smoother than the 8 speed in the RAMs and miles better than what my 2014 Silverado had.

If you get one of the higher spec trucks they have a ridiculous amount of features - ventilated/cooled seats, massaging seats, auto everything, etc. I actually really do like the additional safety features like the auto-braking, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, blind spot monitor, etc. I know a lot of people don't love that stuff or don't want it - but the auto-braking / collision avoidance thing saved my ass once and that was enough for me to be happy I had it.

Ford does a very good job structuring the upgrades so that it is appealing to just go up to the next tier rather than get a lower tier truck with more features. IE: XL and XLT don't have many creature comforts and it's cheaper to get a Lariat than a maxed out XLT. Then you get the Lariat and want whatever and it becomes cheaper to get the King Ranch or Platinum than add the features. I think the Lariats are the sweet spot and you can generally find them with just about every option you could possibly need yet still slightly less $$ than a Platinum.

All told, the Ford is by far the most expensive of the big 3 - you aren't paying for a single standout feature but small improvements over the other trucks on just about all fronts. I have bought mine used, but if buying new I'd strongly consider the RAM because the dealers seem more aggressive about discounting (now especially compared to Ford).

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It should be noted that my F-150 is my first new vehicle, and I do love the creature comforts, especially combined with the capability provided with 4WD and a rear locker. Bouncing down an unplowed USFS road on the way back from backcountry skiing with seat heaters on and the satellite radio going was almost surreal coming from a 200k-mile Xterra. The options do come at a cost, though, in dollars, complexity, and in weight, and that can really matter if you want to push the towing envelope (like most half tons, the F-150 tends to run out of payload well before hitting the GCWR or "tow limit"); eg I can theoretically tow north of 11k, but when I moved cross country with one passenger, a little cargo in the truck, and a 7k cargo trailer, I was a couple hundred pounds over GVWR on the truck axles, although I wasn't over either axle limit independently.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I was wondering the other day if I could just show up at local Toyota dealer and buy a tundra right off the lot. Tried calling down there twice and had no success. Conversation went something like

Me: i’d like to talk with someone in sales please

Her: “do you have someone in sales you’re working with?”

Me:no. I want to talk about buying a tundra

Her: OK hold on. After about 10 rounds of no answer and being transferred back to the operator I concluded that there was no one in sales that could answer the phone and I hung up.

So, does anyone know if it is indeed possible to show up at a Toyota dealer and go home with a new tundra?

I don't know if it's possible to show up at any dealer and go home with a new pickup or van, maybe a Titan?