Page 139 of 199 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Look up the KBB, $15k probably double.
    As if KBB means anything right now. People are asking close to $20k for 2010 Tundras with 180k miles, I'm sure that's also way over KBB.

The green Tundra turned out to be a dud. In person all signs pointed to run.

I'm about to get karmically bitch slapped for ragging on short beds so much. Found a 2010 FX4 that checks all the boxes, except it's a 5.5 ft bed. It's $16k with 146k miles but in phenomenal condition. Put a deposit down and will have BobMc give it a look Monday. Unless Bob sees a red flag I don't think I'll do better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    As if KBB means anything right now. People are asking close to $20k for 2010 Tundras with 180k miles, I'm sure that's also way over KBB.
    When I priced my 2010 Limited with 68k miles last year it was $17k. Just turned 70k last week.

I heard the market is nuts but damn.

One example of many: https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7474320

I looked at that one today and it was beat. Didn't bother to drive it because they had three motors in the bed while it was on the lot. WTF?

I think I'll get a Latchit Rack (https://latchitrack.com/) to expand the bed on the FX4. I probably have at least a year to flip it and break even or possibly profit if that doesn't work out.

Trucks.

I put a generic aftermarket muffler on my 99 land cruiser, which is the 4.7l, after a hole developed in the original stock muffler due to corrosion. The aftermarket muffler was under $300 installed. Truck now has more power and gets 1-2mpg more. For a truck that gets poor mileage, it pencils out pretty quick.

Maybe I didn’t read close enough, was there not frame damage to the tundra on ksl? Might want to independently confirm is that’s a possibility and your told that it’s straight.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 12-05-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Maybe I didn’t read close enough, was there not frame damage to the tundra on ksl? Might want to independently confirm is that’s a possibility and your told that it’s straight.
    One of the big red flags was that no one at dealer really knew what happened to get it totaled, though apparently it was years ago. That was just one of many issues so I bailed. It was a total Monet.

If you don’t think you want a short bed, don’t get it. It’ll always piss you off. Keep buying gadgets and making compromises to make it like a full size bed but it’ll always be a short bed.

One of the big red flags was that no one at dealer really knew what happened to get it totaled, though apparently it was years ago. That was just one of many issues so I bailed. It was a total Monet.
    Good call. Sorry for the typoz.

Do GM transmissions blow up at 120-150k?
    If yes, why don't they do anything about it?

If you don’t think you want a short bed, don’t get it. It’ll always piss you off. Keep buying gadgets and making compromises to make it like a full size bed but it’ll always be a short bed.
    This. x1000. You can't even fit skis in the back easily. I'll never go shorter than 6ft again

The slc market is crazy for taco’s too. I keep thinking of selling my 03 trd, probably could get 10k for it with 136k on the clock, but then there’s nothing to be had in the f150 market as we’re discussing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    The slc market is crazy for taco’s too. I keep thinking of selling my 03 trd, probably could get 10k for it with 136k on the clock, but then there’s nothing to be had in the f150 market as we’re discussing
    You could get far more than $10k for your '03 Taco.

For sure. 136k for that gen taco is barely warmed up. I’d guess if you had it detailed for like $400 inside and out and marketed it nationwide on a couple sites, you’d get at least $15k if not more.

There was an article earlier this year about a similar rig going *at dealer auction* for over $17k.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Do GM transmissions blow up at 120-150k?
    If yes, why don't they do anything about it?
    What incentive is there for them to do anything? It’s outside the warranty, people buy the rigs anyway. Generally they’re easy to rebuild and there’s massive aftermarket support for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    What incentive is there for them to do anything? It’s outside the warranty, people buy the rigs anyway. Generally they’re easy to rebuild and there’s massive aftermarket support for them.
    We have a fleet of over 25 GM trucks all with the 6L80 transmission. They're fleet, driven hard and put up wet. Half of them have over 200K on the clock. Not one has had a transmission problem.

If it was a 30 year old totaled vehicle, I might consider it. With canbus and all the other proprietary electronics systems out there now, there's no way I'd even get near a newer rebuilt vehicle. If you're lucky, you'll be chasing one broken sensor or circuit until the end of time.

RE: 4.6. that was a tired motor when it came out 30 years ago. The 5.4 isn't without it's faults, but at least it's adequately powered and torqued for a full size pickup. At that mileage, make sure Bob checks the ignition system on the 5.4. Plugs can be a bitch and the coils are usually close to replacement age, luckily the coils are on-plug. Also, many of the front suspension joints/components are cooked at that point.

You could get far more than $10k for your '03 Taco.
    its insane to look at used truck prices over the life of this forum. New tacos were maybe, maybe 2x that then. ‘05 they were <$20k new

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    its insane to look at used truck prices over the life of this forum. New tacos were maybe, maybe 2x that then. ‘05 they were <$20k new
    We bought Mrs C a 4-door TRD Tacoma, 4WD, in 2005. First year of new body style. Was something like $27K IIRC, with a family relative discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

There’s gotta be a chart somewhere with inflation, vs Tacoma’s, vs other trucks vs actual Tacos. I mean, I bet actual tacos win but Tacoma’s are a close 2nd.

There’s gotta be a chart somewhere with inflation, vs Tacoma’s, vs other trucks vs actual Tacos. I mean, I bet actual tacos win but Tacoma’s are a close 2nd.
    https://www.economist.com/big-mac-index

https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...ruth-inflation
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Big Mac does not equal Taco. Go ask your buddies at the taco cart.

Big Mac does not equal Taco. Go ask your buddies at the taco cart.
    I can buy 2 fully loaded tacos for the same cost as a big mac (about $5).

For instance, I bought a new TRD off the lot in 1997 at $23k. In today's dollars, just using the govt numbers, that's $40.5k. If we extrapolate from the big mac which cost around $2.5 in 1997, that same big mac costs $5.65 (actual price average) which should be $4.3 if adjusted for inflation. A new TRD msrp is $41.5. So the big mac, and hence the taco, is actually rising faster than the tacoma. So you are correct.

That's my theory anyway. You could look up prices for F150's and do the same.

* this only accounts for new purchases, not pre-owned tacos or tacomas, nor does it account for corn vs. flour

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post

RE: 4.6. that was a tired motor when it came out 30 years ago. The 5.4 isn't without it's faults, but at least it's adequately powered and torqued for a full size pickup. At that mileage, make sure Bob checks the ignition system on the 5.4. Plugs can be a bitch and the coils are usually close to replacement age, luckily the coils are on-plug. Also, many of the front suspension joints/components are cooked at that point.
    Ad was mis-labeled as a XL instead of XLT so it actually had the 5.4. Bailed on it for other reasons though.

The short bed 2010 FX4 was just too good to pass up. Bob couldn't find a thing wrong with it and it is amazingly clean. No joke, it's 95% as nice as the 2020 I rented this summer for a trip. Scored a smoking deal on some Hankook I Pikes at an amigo tire shop in Midvale. Can't wait for snow.

Way to turn a shitty situation right side up. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can buy 2 fully loaded tacos for the same cost as a big mac (about $5).

For instance, I bought a new TRD off the lot in 1997 at $23k. In today's dollars, just using the govt numbers, that's $40.5k. If we extrapolate from the big mac which cost around $2.5 in 1997, that same big mac costs $5.65 (actual price average) which should be $4.3 if adjusted for inflation. A new TRD msrp is $41.5. So the big mac, and hence the taco, is actually rising faster than the tacoma. So you are correct.

That's my theory anyway. You could look up prices for F150's and do the same.

* this only accounts for new purchases, not pre-owned tacos or tacomas, nor does it account for corn vs. flour
    Shrinkflation. Those tacos are much smaller than they were a decade ago, as are the big Mac’s.

Shrinkflation. Those tacos are much smaller than they were a decade ago, as are the big Mac’s.
    Which proves your point. Tacomas have only gotten bigger.