Page 72 of 199 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A lot of money wasted on that thing.
    Wasted?

Trickle down economics. No doubt there is a rim shop owner having a good Xmas this year. Not to mention the salesman who sold the 80k truck and the financial institution that is making 8% apr on the purchase.

I love these guys. "Killer tuck BRO! Btw.... here is my card. I can save you a lot of money."
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Nice thing about a high speed cop chase is you can really explore your truck’s capabilities. https://www.instagram.com/tv/B6gTcwY...=103miu78g2exo

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I laffed that the driver feels the need to turn his mirrors in. I mean, the truck is both skyjacked and a dually - I think your mirrors are safe dude.
    Don’t most new fancy “platinum” “high country “ $60-80k trucks come with auto-folding mirrors in our modern times?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Attachment 307327

Beautiful snoblade rack in the bed. Such a nice specimen
    Ha, I saw that one
    I was parked one row ahead of that guy

I’m guessing he was one of the table of six dudes that were playing poker in the alpenstube. They had poker chips, were not dressed for skiing (or even snow), and seemed to be having a merry time cheering hands that went well.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Ha, I saw that one
    I was parked one row ahead of that guy

I’m guessing he was one of the table of six dudes that were playing poker in the alpenstube. They had poker chips, were not dressed for skiing (or even snow), and seemed to be having a merry time cheering hands that went well.
    Nah, I bet it's a mag. Come on, fess up.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Don’t most new fancy “platinum” “high country “ $60-80k trucks come with auto-folding mirrors in our modern times?
    Not sure the last time I rode in platinum or high country trim level truck; our LT True North 1500 Chevy has far more bells and whistles than necessary as it is. I'll have to take your word on that. Still funny.

I still crack up at the thought of Lucas having anything to do with an electric vehicle.

Name:  Hilux.jpeg
Views: 551
Size:  95.4 KB

not fit for american soil...

Fucking chicken tax.

I guess after the Gatling gun and winch there’s not much left over for custom paint?
    I still call it The Jake.

Thinking to ditch my 2001 ram 2500 diesel longbed (130,000 miles) for the smallest gas powered pickup that can tow 6,500 lbs (boat = 2500, motor = 800, motor2 = 100, batteries = 100, fuel = 500, random shit = 250, trailer = 1500: total = 5600).
    Towing is short distance and basically the only reason the truck gets used, mostly flat, pretty slow speeds, one very short steep hill to the house.
    I've towed the boat with a buddies old style Tundra - towed fine, but definitely noticed it more vs the dodge.
    Other than that I don't have any experience towing our boat with a smaller vehicle. Looking at 2014+ keeping it at $20k or (even better) less - what hits this mark?

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Thinking to ditch my 2001 ram 2500 diesel longbed (130,000 miles) for the smallest gas powered pickup that can tow 6,500 lbs (boat = 2500, motor = 800, motor2 = 100, batteries = 100, fuel = 500, random shit = 250, trailer = 1500: total = 5600).
    Towing is short distance and basically the only reason the truck gets used, mostly flat, pretty slow speeds, one very short steep hill to the house.
    I've towed the boat with a buddies old style Tundra - towed fine, but definitely noticed it more vs the dodge.
    Other than that I don't have any experience towing our boat with a smaller vehicle. Looking at 2014+ keeping it at $20k or (even better) less - what hits this mark?
    If you could find a half ton like an xl f150 with the 2.7 you’d have ample grunt and frame to tow. Also possible to find a half ton Chevy with 5.3. There’s almost no reason to go tacoma or canyon since pricing will be similar to half tons and at the upper range of their towing capacity.
    Yes I know the taco acolytes will beat me down, but they are not good towing compared to good old American iron.

This taco owner agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    It’s the Chevy / GMC. Or stick with what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    If you could find a half ton like an xl f150 with the 2.7 you’d have ample grunt and frame to tow. Also possible to find a half ton Chevy with 5.3. There’s almost no reason to go tacoma or canyon since pricing will be similar to half tons and at the upper range of their towing capacity.
    Yes I know the taco acolytes will beat me down, but they are not good towing compared to good old American iron.
    I had a longbed F150 with 2.7 and towed a 16' stock trailer, loaded, work ease.

Don't buy Ford. Just had a spark plug fall apart, damaged the cylinder and supposedly the crank arm, whole engine replacement. 2013 w/80K miles, certified preowned, 7 year 100K warranty. All scheduled maintenance done. Spark plugs aren't even supposed to be changed until 100K. Ford will not stand behind the warranty or their product. Shit company.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Don't buy Ford. Just had a spark plug fall apart, damaged the cylinder and supposedly the crank arm, whole engine replacement. 2013 w/80K miles, certified preowned, 7 year 100K warranty. All scheduled maintenance done. Spark plugs aren't even supposed to be changed until 100K. Ford will not stand behind the warranty or their product. Shit company.
    Ford won't stand behind it? Or the dealer is saying that to you? Call another dealer or call Ford directly if you haven't already. Dealers don't like to do warranty work in their shops for free. They'll tell lies occasionally to take your money. It's not a secret that it happens.

that sounds legit.

I don't think they don't eat those charges ? Doesnt warranty work just get charged back to the manufacturer so its still good money for the dealer ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Ford won't stand behind it? Or the dealer is saying that to you? Call another dealer or call Ford directly if you haven't already. Dealers don't like to do warranty work in their shops for free. They'll tell lies occasionally to take your money. It's not a secret that it happens.
    Already dealt with Ford Customer care directly. Now working with BBB and looking for a lawyer. Total BS. Don't buy FORD

What engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    [B]2013 w/80K miles, certified preowned, 7 year 100K warranty. All scheduled maintenance done. Spark plugs aren't even supposed to be changed until 100K. Ford will not stand behind the warranty or their product. Shit company.

Didn't know Ford was in the business of providing extended warranties on 6yo trucks? Especially considering that in 2013, they only warranted new trucks 3yr/36000 basic, 5yr/60000 powertrain.

Are you quite sure you don't have a 3rd party extended warranty?

Did Ford make the spark plug that failed? Is there a TSB or a plug recall, or has Ford in any other way addressed breaking plugs in your engine or chassis model? If I built trucks with 3rd party plugs, I'd stipulate warranty and a grievance procedures in my plug supplier contracts, yo?

Was there a chip or tune on the truck? You're SOL if there was. You're on shaky ground in court if there were any engine mods that could conceivably affect plug temps or pressures - intake, exhaust, fueling, etc

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Didn't know Ford was in the business of providing extended warranties on 6yo trucks? Especially considering that in 2013, they only warranted new trucks 3yr/36000 basic, 5yr/60000 powertrain.

Are you sure you don't have a 3rd party extended warranty?
    He wrote it was a CPO, which usually have big warranties as part of the CPO cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

CPOs have to be sold from a franchise dealer. If the truck was CPO, then it's got a Ferd warranty.

Saw this while I was in FL. Lots of want.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I've gotten a couple of cars on the CPO deal and they've both had 7/100. That has saved me huge money a couple of times, the kind of stuff where I'd walk away from the car before spending that much to make it right. My BRZ has had the engine out twice now including the most recent recall that had the engine torn down and rebuilt last summer and had the steering column replaced along with a couple of things I made sure wore out around 90k.