Page 101 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If the Tacoma is too small then get a Tundra. Almost the same price.
    Spec'd the same, feature to feature, the Tundra is 7-8k more. Tundra was definitely a consideration but price and the terrible gas mileage leave me feeling like I could borrow a trailer the 4 times a year I need to haul rocks and dirt.

Curious what kind of real world mpg people get in the Tacomas cruising freeways at 80mph. Searching the internet leads you to believe that some people are getting 12mpg while others scream back that they get 24mpg all day long.

What is $7-8K really when considering financing and having it for a long time not to mention resale which is good for either.

I’m getting 16-21 mpg, it really is all over the place. 9-10 with my small enclosed trailer. I think gas quality definitely varies around here and that’s why. Got some non-ethanol gas and was getting 23 hwy over big mountain passes though.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    This seems relevant to the discussion. My new-to-me wannabe trophy truck.

Attachment 374864

Took it out in the dirt and snow right away to test it out. Coming from a 100 series cruiser, I'm really looking forward to the change. The cruiser treated me so well but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and was too small for 2 humans and 3 dogs camping. The raptor is more comfortable in every way and really enjoyable to drive on and off road. I probably won't use it to it's full potential but it will see a shit load of dirt. The cooled seats alone are gonna be a game changer, looking forward to the reduction in summer time road trip swamp ass.

I won't lie though, little worried about the added length and girth. I regularly get the cruiser into shitty situations where I have to bail and turn around, it actually happened this weekend in Idaho on a skinny forest service road with a massive drop on one side. We had been hitting some snow patches but nothing that stopped us, finally got to one that we weren't going to get through. I had to back up until the road got just a bit wider where I could do a 3 point turn and head back down. Not sure how that would have played out if we were in the raptor, guess we will find out soon enough.
    Haha just realized I live a quarter mile from you. Nice truck!

2016 Tacoma. Small lift and 285/70 R17 tires has me getting 14-16 on the freeway at 67mph on the speedometer (72 on gps). 12 to 14 in the city. It goes down to 12mpg if the wind is blowing at you or you try to go 80mph. Im not overly impressed. I feel I could get the same shitty mileage in a v8.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    2016 Tacoma. Small lift and 285/70 R17 tires has me getting 14-16 on the freeway at 67mph on the speedometer (72 on gps). 12 to 14 in the city. It goes down to 12mpg if the wind is blowing at you or you try to go 80mph. Im not overly impressed. I feel I could get the same shitty mileage in a v8.
    Well that's bad news. I spend a lot of time going 80-85 on the freeway. The Silverado gets 19-21 mpg with the cruise set at 80mph.

Just to throw it out there, I've averaged 24.3 mpg for the first 14k miles on my baby duramax Silverado. That includes hauling a 7500 lb trailer for work every once in a while and a ton of trips up/down LCC. Cruising on I15 gets me about 30-35 mpg. Diesel is a bit more expensive, but still awesome to get those sort of numbers in a full size truck. Worth considering!

I do slightly better than that in my 2012 V8 F150 crew cab with a high topper, roof rack, and 2'' lift. There was a guy at the trailhead tonight giving me shit about my "behemoth" next to his Taco and I was thinking that we probably got the same mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I do slightly better than that in my 2012 V8 F150 crew cab with a high topper, roof rack, and 2'' lift. There was a guy at the trailhead tonight giving me shit about my "behemoth" next to his Taco and I was thinking that we probably got the same mileage.
    That guy looks at too many Outside Magazine ads.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    This seems relevant to the discussion. My new-to-me wannabe trophy truck.

Attachment 374864

Took it out in the dirt and snow right away to test it out. Coming from a 100 series cruiser, I'm really looking forward to the change. The cruiser treated me so well but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and was too small for 2 humans and 3 dogs camping. The raptor is more comfortable in every way and really enjoyable to drive on and off road. I probably won't use it to it's full potential but it will see a shit load of dirt. The cooled seats alone are gonna be a game changer, looking forward to the reduction in summer time road trip swamp ass.

I won't lie though, little worried about the added length and girth. I regularly get the cruiser into shitty situations where I have to bail and turn around, it actually happened this weekend in Idaho on a skinny forest service road with a massive drop on one side. We had been hitting some snow patches but nothing that stopped us, finally got to one that we weren't going to get through. I had to back up until the road got just a bit wider where I could do a 3 point turn and head back down. Not sure how that would have played out if we were in the raptor, guess we will find out soon enough.
    Sweet rig! What year?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That guy looks at too many Outside Magazine ads.
    He was making jokes about running people off the road, I was like, you should have seen my old truck. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0827.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	374942

I recently picked up a 1995 F-150 XLT 4x4 with 351 Windsor, 160,000 miles. Minimal rust, interior is clean, paid $2500. Had to put a new radiator in it but pretty sure I won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    He was making jokes about running people off the road, I was like, you should have seen my old truck. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0827.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	374942
    I learned to drive stick in a truck just like that. At work, on windy FS roads, with three other people in the vehicle no less. Good memories.

For me, maybe not so much for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    I recently picked up a 1995 F-150 XLT 4x4 with 351 Windsor, 160,000 miles. Minimal rust, interior is clean, paid $2500. Had to put a new radiator in it but pretty sure I won the lottery.
    Hell yeah. I'm casually on the hunt for another OBS. Just don't tell my wife.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Winning the lottery would have been an F250 with a 300 6 and 5 speed manual

Saw one on CL a few months back but missed out on it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Haha just realized I live a quarter mile from you. Nice truck!
    Nice! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a silverado cruising around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Sweet rig! What year?
    Thanks! It's a '12. I was set on a first gen.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    You can customize your search radius, from 1mi to 500mi, both on the browser and phone apps.
    Thanks. after looking up, only way to change it is to get on a laptop and do it there. How fucking stupid are FB programmers? They forgot to add this future for iPhone app? And why limit to 500 miles???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New truck just arrived. Goodbye Tundra, Hello Chevy!
    Name:  IMG_9488.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  48.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    New truck just arrived. Goodbye Tundra, Hello Chevy!
    Name:  IMG_9488.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  48.8 KB
    How did you get it over here from Australia?

I’m in a 99 4Runner with a 2.5-3” lift, 265-75-r16 tires (1”bigger than stock) and a rocket box. I doubt I get better than 16 mpg at 75mph. No point going faster since the gas consumption goes way up. It’s a short wheelbase and too heavy vehicle. That speed is fine

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Curious what kind of real world mpg people get in the Tacomas cruising freeways at 80mph. Searching the internet leads you to believe that some people are getting 12mpg while others scream back that they get 24mpg all day long.
    Late to the party, but if you still care I consistently get 17 city, 20 freeway in my '19 access cab, 3.5/4wd/6 speed manual trans, 4.3 diff (factory), stock wheels and oem tires. But I seldom exceed 60.

The automatics have a 3.9 diff and a taller sixth so they are theoretically capable of better highway mileage, but the reality is that they will downshift for hills that the manual can easily climb in 6th, so it might be a wash.

If someone is getting 24 mpg they probably have the 2.7 (or are full of shit)

I average 18 commuting to work up LCC in a quad cab GMC Sierra 1500. 21-22 highway and I drive fast. It was dramatically cheaper than a taco and can actually haul stuff. I’m continually amazed at the love for tacos. Reliable yes. Practical no. And everyone I ever see has a topper so it’s basically a forerunner. Trucks with toppers are just an suv for guys who want to say they have a truck but can’t haul anything in it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

If you and I both sell our trucks tomorrow, it'll turn out that mine was dramatically cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’m continually amazed at the love for tacos. Reliable yes. Practical no.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Practical for what? I find myself on sketchy FS roads more often than I have the need for a 1500 pound payload/8000 pound tow capacity. But I agree, the mpg on midsize trucks seems lacking.

What year/engine is your GMC 1500? Because I drive a 500 miles highway lap 20 times a year in my 13 Silevrado w/5.3, and I rarely average more than 18mpg for the trip.

[QUOTE=Ted Striker;6322664If someone is getting 24 mpg they probably have the 2.7 (or are full of shit)[/QUOTE]

We used to have an outback with the little 4 cylinder. It got 24mpg. I call bs on a Taco getting that milage. My 87 4Runner with the 22 RE probably didn’t get 24. I don’t know why Toyota owners think they get great milage. Because the vehicles are/were smaller than American equivalents?

I've owned lots of Toyota pickups (2wd, 4wd, 2.2, 3.0, 3.4, 3.5) and they all got about the same mpg. High teens/low twenties. My wife had two outbacks and both were about 24 as well.

As for what people say, most don't really track it well enough to actually know, so grain of salt for sure.