Page 116 of 199 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Can we talk tonneau covers? I'm looking for the Tacoma. What do you have? Are you against them? Hard or soft? Roll or Flip? Does it leak or sag?
    Just went down this road for a Tacoma. Keep in mind that the bed is pretty shallow on the Tacoma and with the tonneau a lot of things won't fit under it. I had a roll up tonneau cover on my Silverado and the few extra inches of depth made a big difference.

I just replaced a $130 no-name soft roll up on my F-150 with a Tyger that didn't cost a whole lot more. I'd definitely recommend spending a little bit more for the Tyger if shopping in that space. Long term reliability is TBD but the hardware, cross braces, and latching mechanism are all better than the no name. The cross braces being arched is particularly helpful here, as we get non trivial amounts of rain.

As you can probably guess, I like the roll up style--it goes almost completely out of the way when rolled up, making it easy to load large stuff (eg a motorcycle), throw mountain bikes over the tailgate, etc, and still is relatively quick to provide waterproof coverage and hide stuff from those walking by.

Of course, you so have to either remove or rotate a tailgate bike pad to close it, and a sharp object would limit it's anti theft capabilities, but it's a good trade-off for me. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Not sure if the original fabric-backed vinyl covers with snap sides are even made anymore but would avoid either way.

Not really a truck, but my brother in law has a brand new one of these...
    Lots and lots of plastic...similar shape to the original but missing the spirit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210801_164104.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	381390

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I had one of the sturdy, braced vinyl roll up tonneau covers on my Silverado - it was fine though I imagine if someone really wanted something out of it they'd get it.

On my F150 I have one of those trifold covers, hate it. Absolutely hate it. Yes, it is more secure than others but it's pretty useless if you carry anything big in the bed. My trail bike is just barely too long to fit in the bed using a tailgate pad unless you fold up all 3 sections...which then blocks the rear window.

Topper is where it's at. That's what I'm planning on next.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Search assisted throwback! How does your BIL like his 110 so far?
    C'mon now. It's a fucking joke.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

“Hey guys, we took a showroom LR rock crawling on 20s and shit went badly!!” No fucking kidding.

My wife has been driving a defender 110 now for 3 months and loves it. She was overdue for a new vehicle and wanted a Tahoe. Optioned out the Defender came in $15k less than the Tahoe. Never had one before but I'm digging it. Super smooth, quiet, handles well, I don't really care how it handles off road, we have my 62' Scout for that department.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Not good at embedding video, but TFL just did another comparo that had a modded 110, which performed admirably. Also featured were bone stock Bronco Sasquatch and modded Rubicon 392.

As initially configured - yea a joke, but with $20k or so of lift and proper tires the thing is legit - notwithstanding the 4 wheel independent suspension. Bone stock is probably good enough for 95% of people and reasonable use such as sand as pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    “Hey guys, we took a showroom LR rock crawling on 20s and shit went badly!!” No fucking kidding.
    "Let's let all of the air out of the tires and then act surprised and blame the car when we pinch flat."

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    "Let's let all of the air out of the tires and then act surprised and blame the car when we pinch flat."
    Well, to be fair - they also pinch-flatted the spare, which happened *after* they aired back up to prevent a 2nd pinch-flat.

Those tires MUST have been Kenda's.

That reminds me of an article comparing the Tahoe Denali to the LX570 off-road and them saying the Tahoe did better because of the tires…. Which is like comparing skis when one pair has spring wax and the other cold wax and declaring the spring wax pair superior.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Tacoma’s frame rust is the thing to watch after. Everything points towards fluid film.
    yeah fluid film is a good idea on a 2nd gen, and keep the under side clean.

Both motor options were pretty bomber on that vintage.

Have you ever wondered how tight shipping containers can be packed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2B87BB9-1AFD-4C0B-BCF1-0D3C1A9D2A72.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	382121
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Was walking the dog this morning and walked by a '06 Tundra, V8, with 125k miles on it. Asking price: $18k! No idea if that is actually reasonable, but that seemed a bit on the high side.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

If you don't have to legally stop at every truck weigh station, do you poseurs really own a truck?

Name:	IMG_7479.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	382140

College buddy of mine bought a vintage 60's semi for towing stuff and also because, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If you don't have to legally stop at every truck weigh station, do you poseurs really own a truck?

Name:	IMG_7479.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	382140

College buddy of mine bought a vintage 60's semi for towing stuff and also because, why not?
    Looks nice. Never heard of autocar. Looks like an old freightliner. I hope it has a neer 13 speed trani and air with auto slacks. I could live with it as long as its been updated to that

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Name:	IMG_2173.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	382265
    I looked twice.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Looks nice. Never heard of autocar. Looks like an old freightliner. I hope it has a neer 13 speed trani and air with auto slacks. I could live with it as long as its been updated to that

Odds are he upgraded anything needing upgrading, especially the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Odds are he upgraded anything needing upgrading, especially the brakes.
    It looks pretty mint. They look so much better than the new ones with all the plastic, expensive shaped lights, windshields and computers. With def and computers i dont know how they make a profit. Always fixing errors and the fuel mileage sucks . Then you flip the hood and theyre not much different than the old stuff. Glorified diesel go carts. More character on the old stuff. Be nice to see some more pics of the interior, dash, rear end and engine

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I’m a little Dodge-Curious. (2019 1500) I always thought they were a little too ‘maga-Bro’, but there are some things that are appealing, like the interior, the fuel mileage, and the towing capacity. And supposedly ride quality.
    Any jeers from the peanut gallery?

And yes, I am looking to expand my options.
    I just (today!) got a new RAM 1500 Classic, Warlock, Quad Cab (shorter than Crew Cab) with 5.7 Hemi and tow package options. Traded in my 2019 4Runner (Fucking hated that rig). Drove one hundred fifty miles home, much on twisty mountain roads. Yeah, a bit of a plush ride with noticeable understeer (bed was empty). I may end up replacing the Mopar-branded factory shocks with Bilsteins or Kings or something. I'm guessing that the Warlock has progressive coils. The power band is nice, and while I, too, hate the knob tranny shifter, the gearing is pretty good when I cycled through the range manually, Also trying to decide whether or not to replace the 20" factory wheels with 18" after markets. More to come as I figure this bitch out.

Name:	IMG_20210814_174729265.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	806.7 KB 
ID:	382275
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Nice, man. Good luck with it
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nice Viva. Didn’t realize the warlock had a Hemi option. All the ones I saw when truck shopping had the V6.
    I bought a very low mileage ‘18 Ram 1500 Sport Night this spring before prices went crazy. Took me 7mos to find the right truck. The Hemi with 8spd and 3:92 gears gets the hell outa town in a hurry and tows amazingly well and pulls hills like nothing. Super fun truck to drive. This is my second Ram.

Name:	IMG_3465.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	382276

That's such a nice truck, man. Lockers and that 8spd ZF, dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That's such a nice truck, man. Lockers and that 8spd ZF, dang.
    Thanks brother! That hemi tranny gearing keeps it in the torque curve nicely. Now with the audio upgrade I just finished, it’s hard to not just go for a drive.