Page 77 of 199 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

They still do.

My brother has a brand new one. Double cab with 8 ft bed. He put a shell on it and uses it to camp and carry his surfboards. And yes, the truck is ridiculously long.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Toyota's double cab is more like an extended cab than an actual crew cab, isn't it? Same as the GM double cab and whatever Dodge called their rear-opening four door truck starting in 2002 that wasn't the mega cab.

Unless something changed with the 2019 redesign, the Dodge mega cab and smaller four door cab with long bed have always shared a wheelbase. The mega cab is only available with a tiny bed to account for the extra cab length.

You can fit two 6' dudes in the back of a double cab Tundra. We've done some river shuttles for 6 or so hour drives without too much complaining. But as big as some of the other four doors are now, the Tundra seems small. I prioritized bed length over back seat room. If someone complains, we can take their truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    You can fit two 6' dudes in the back of a double cab Tundra. We've done some river shuttles for 6 or so hour drives without too much complaining. But as big as some of the other four doors are now, the Tundra seems small. I prioritized bed length over back seat room. If someone complains, we can take their truck.
    I have multiple friends with Tundras and I wouldn't say the backseat lacks space. I've done tow roadtrips to Vegas for work (11 hours) and didn't thinkbit was tight. Ridiculous American mega trucks (like my f350) just make them appear smaller.

Yes to both ^^ posts.

There's a double cab and a crew max Tundra, the crew max backseat is massive, probably more leg room that the front seats.

I have a double cab 6.5' bed tundra and find it actually nicer to drive than my old double cab 6.5' bed 3rd gen Tacoma.

I'd never seen that before. Specs, measurements, from Google search:

https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2020-To..._in._WB/specs/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Concur that the double cab is plenty of space for hauling humans in back seat. Had one of those before getting a crewmax. I regret the crewmax though the space was utilized for gear sometimes and the seats were incrementally more comfortable I'm told. An extra foot in the bed was not remotely worth the extra cab space, with the chief reason being the ski length.

I do indeed have the elusive DBLB Tundra, in that sweet cement grey. I guess I did misspeak and it is not 25' long total, but I'll tell ya, it requires at least 25' of space to parallel park it.

I had to look long and hard for it. Ending up finding one 2 hours away. The real bitch was getting the camper shell. Century had to make to order and they were the only ones (well Leer also but same company) that would do it and it took like 3 months. I use it to tow a wakeboard boat and camp out of the back. 6'3" and I can stretch out. So nice. The double cab really has pretty amazing room in the back also. Tundras in general are a bit roomier overall.

She may be a bitch to park, but the longer wheelbase results in a seriously plusher ride and tows better than a swb 2500 IMO.
    Live Free or Die

Too bad ^^it^^ wasn’t baby poo brown.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I have multiple friends with Tundras and I wouldn't say the backseat lacks space. I've done tow roadtrips to Vegas for work (11 hours) and didn't thinkbit was tight. Ridiculous American mega trucks (like my f350) just make them appear smaller.

Especially when they try to tow a ridiculous American gooseneck horse trailer, or carry a ridiculous American service bed, or something...

I nearly got the DCLB Tundra when I traded out the CCSB F250. It’s the same length as the ford within a few inches but the turn radius is tighter by a few feet. Went for the limited with the 6.5’ bed instead. Worth it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7240.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	316189

^^^
    You have to upgrade the suspension to carry that hard sided camper?

Just bags. Camper is 900# dry, no bath or waste tanks. We’re a few lbs over payload but less than most domestics with a 11’ double slide.

Nice setup. I have an 08. Id like to put a bigfoot or northern lite on it. So well built. What length is that bigfoot?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Just bags. Camper is 900# dry, no bath or waste tanks. We’re a few lbs over payload but less than most domestics with a 11’ double slide.

Bwahahaha... Just Don't let Pio near that thing...

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...-buyers-guide/

Theyre so big now and pricey. They last forever. Ive seen older ones for under 10k cad similar to Jack's.
    Also made down the road in Armstrong with similar construction is armadillo trailers. Wouldnt mind one of those but newer co so not many used out there. Theyre doing some tight builds

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UDGOWB...d=p1phrldmquxq

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Nice setup. I have an 08. Id like to put a bigfoot or northern lite on it. So well built. What length is that bigfoot?

8 ft. Fairly rare in this size. Picked it up a couple years ago in BC.

8 ft. Fairly rare in this size. Picked it up a couple years ago in BC.
    Thanks, that looks perfect. Thats what ill be looking for

Just bags. Camper is 900# dry
    I believe you’re off by a ton or so. #justsayin. Have you been on a certified truck scale with your rig?

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I believe you’re off by a ton or so. #justsayin. Have you been on a certified truck scale with your rig?
    You’re speculating that the stated dry weight is off by 2000lb?

lol

New to me truck day. Brought the snow with it.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

You’re speculating that the stated dry weight is off by 2000lb?

lol
    I am sort of wondering if you americans are reading the spec plate as lbs instead of kg. 900kg or 2000lbs seems more realistic. They are made in Canada after all.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I am sort of wondering if you americans are reading the spec plate as lbs instead of kg. 900kg or 2000lbs seems more realistic. They are made in Canada after all.
    Nah. My Northern Lite states 660kg dry, on a model that has a bathroom and tanks. Jack's camper is slimmer by a lot and I'd believe the 400kg tag.

watch out for snakes