Page 98 of 199 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Yeah, I've got a 2016 Tundra TuRD Pro with 80,000 miles and I can sell it for $5,000 more than I bought it for 50,000 miles ago. Crazy.

I can sell it and buy a mid life crisis SL 55 AMG and a beater truck for work and hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Why are truck prices so high lately? Trying to understand the covid tie-in here, but failing.
    A couple of reasons: there were production shutdowns for a time I believe, and now some companies (Ford for sure, likely others) have had to slow production due to a chip shortage. Then everyone decided they wanted to recreate outdoors to avoid the pandemic and so needed a 4x4. And credit has been cheap, so it's easier to buy something expensive whencyou can spread it out over years at a low interest rate.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but those are some reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Lol
    The funny thing to me is that when dudes spend a lot of time and money making their ride more customized...it ends up attracting more interest from men than women. .
    I’ve got a cool old 1952 Dodge M37 which I take out on occasion. It’s a fire Dept yellow since it was a brush fire truck in its earlier life. Pics of it are somewhere in this thread. Invariably I end up talking with some guy about truck stuff. I jokingly call it my gay redneck pickup vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Garbage.
    That must be why they are bringing 10-20k over.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    That must be why they are bringing 10-20k over.
    People like watching the Kardashians too.

My '01 Tundra TRD has 400k on it. I just replaced a coil, timing belt and plugs. My buddy is the service manager at the Toyota dealership. I told him sooner or later I'll need to replace her. He told me, "Never sell this thing. I'll keep it going forever. And it will go forever. New trucks are a ripoff."

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    People continue to buy Jeeps, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    My '01 Tundra TRD has 400k on it. I just replaced a coil, timing belt and plugs. My buddy is the service manager at the Toyota dealership. I told him sooner or later I'll need to replace her. He told me, "Never sell this thing. I'll keep it going forever. And it will go forever. New trucks are a ripoff."
    Dang I have a 2000 with 220k and plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off. I do wish they would've had a "real" TRD package on the tundras like they did for the tacos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Not familiar with the TRD differences. What are they?

TRD on that era of Tacos came with a rear e-locker. Tundras didn't. Also some suspension upgrades. The locker was worth it, suspension could be had aftermarket for less.

Ah, thanks! I upgraded the suspension when I lifted it 2".

I have never needed anything other than four wheel drive off road or in snow, so I guess I either don't miss the e-lock or don't know what I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I see those grill to top of windshield cables a bunch on the GOTOS rigs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what purpose they serve (that people would of course never utilize, but that is besides the point).
    I think I read they are for pushing jungle branches out of your way when deep in the Amazon, so you don't have to stop and cut a path with your machete to see where you are going. Keeps the plants off your windshield basically on overgrown trails. Since they don't work with solid wood branches, I can't think of them being useful out west and probably not many places out east, but I don't much about 4 wheeling the east, maybe helpful way down south? Kinda doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but those are some reasons.
    Seeing a lot of people nervously pulling brand new travel trailers behind brand new trucks through the hood lately. I bet camper sales have pushed pickup sales as well.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I think I read they are for pushing jungle branches out of your way when deep in the Amazon, so you don't have to stop and cut a path with your machete to see where you are going. Keeps the plants off your windshield basically on overgrown trails. Since they don't work with solid wood branches, I can't think of them being useful out west and probably not many places out east, but I don't much about 4 wheeling the east, maybe helpful way down south? Kinda doubt it.
    Exactly. They are technically called limb risers. Name kinda says it all.

They are technically called limb risers.
    Those old Camel Trophy trucks were limb risers ifyouknowwhatimean.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

What does that have to do with the hottest truck on the market? Go drive one maybe?

Nah... Then you would have actual experiences to base your opinions off of.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Seeing a lot of people nervously pulling brand new travel trailers behind brand new trucks through the hood lately. I bet camper sales have pushed pickup sales as well.
    They're soaring. Prices up bigtime.

Last July I was on the eastside and we couldn't believe the amount of brand new vehicles and trailers. Not to mention brand new tents, lanterns etc... and it showed. Brand new campers don't know camping etiquette.

What does that have to do with the hottest truck on the market? Go drive one maybe?

Nah... Then you would have actual experiences to base your opinions off of.
    My bedazzler is on the fritz so I won't have the appropriate jeans. I mean really, other than being the bad guy's truck in a movie starring Vin Diesel, who is really going to use this thing for what it's designed for?

My bedazzler is on the fritz so I won't have the appropriate jeans. I mean really, other than being the bad guy's truck in a movie starring Vin Diesel, who is really going to use this thing for what it's designed for?
    That's a extremely small segment of buyers.

Id say 10% of SUV/Truck buyers actually take their trucks off road. This truck was designed to compete with the Ford Raptor and it does that extremely well.

Id spend a 100k on this before I bought a Range Rover or something.

It's a flashy factory brodozer. Any surprise that BS loves it? They are engineering marvels but still seen mostly in mall parking lots

That's a extremely small segment of buyers.

Id say 10% of SUV/Truck buyers actually take their trucks off road. This truck was designed to compete with the Ford Raptor and it does that extremely well.

Id spend a 100k on this before I bought a Range Rover or something.
    Save $8k for inevitable chrysler axle failure.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

simple always simplifying the shit I'm trying to say.

I saw a stock Raptor with a RTT and bikes on a bike rack do some pretty impressive stuff in Moab last week. Far from any mall. They rode the M&M trail and made it look a lot easier than the quads they were following. I was pretty impressed. Buddy of mine has a Tremor and might give it a shot next time. Not that M&M is a real test piece or anything, but I don’t know if I want to take my mostly stock Taco on it any time soon.

A couple years ago my Dad was camping in Death Valley with his fairly new GoFast camper. At one point he saw a Raptor approaching from down the valley absolutely rallying. It stopped when it went by him, because it turns out Single was driving it doing product abuse testing and he recognized my Dad's truck from when they installed his camper. But, yeah, most of them are just status symbols.

God forbid you drive a fun car and enjoy it. Too cool for that I guess.