Page 112 of 199 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5E15970-D14F-4BAD-8C26-5864ED837F3A.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	550.4 KB 
ID:	379183

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    The ridgeline has good handling via torque vectoring. Name another truck that does...
    Ridgeline is a compelling offering if it meets your needs and your ego’s in check.
    That torque vertoring is what my uncle liked for his incoming Ridgeline project. We just finish installing the headache rack and bakflip cover on his F150 before being picked up by the new owner. I will try and see the capabilities of the Ridgeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5E15970-D14F-4BAD-8C26-5864ED837F3A.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	550.4 KB 
ID:	379183
    No idea what happened here, but the 22 inch rims and low pro tires probably didn't help the situation.

Oh shit^
    Who had is worse, though? ..think that’s a Tacoma face down

Two f150’s off the road in apparent single vehicle accidents at the same spot 3 hours apart.

This thread has gone full ghey.

This is the truck thread. Jfc.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Why is it whenever I see a truck with a ‘leveling kit,’ it looks nose high to me?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Why is it whenever I see a truck with a ‘leveling kit,’ it looks nose high to me?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Because leveling kits are a cheap way to make your dick grow. Suspension that actually improves functionality is expensive and takes away from the bedazzled jean budget.

Ha, as good of an explanation as any I guess!

Slight thread drift, but didn't want to start a new thread as this seems to be the location of the experts. Just sold my sprinter for what I paid for it 4 years ago, but now I need a replacement for the wife. I have a stock F-150 and it does 99% of what I'd ever want. Wife has decided she wants an SUV, but we need this thing to be able to go on some gnarly dirt roads quite a few times a year. No rock crawling, but we have a cabin that requires a drive up a fairly long pass and then 30 miles on a dusty, washboard dirt road... 4 Runner? Bronco Sport? Anything else I should consider? Some weird crossover I could put 8-10 ply tires on?
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

^^^ And you don't want to use the F150 to drive to that cabin?

A truly offroad capable SUV limits your choices a lot, vs any of the zillion crossovers out there that, are less capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Git yerself a wrangler!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Slight thread drift, but didn't want to start a new thread as this seems to be the location of the experts. Just sold my sprinter for what I paid for it 4 years ago, but now I need a replacement for the wife. I have a stock F-150 and it does 99% of what I'd ever want. Wife has decided she wants an SUV, but we need this thing to be able to go on some gnarly dirt roads quite a few times a year. No rock crawling, but we have a cabin that requires a drive up a fairly long pass and then 30 miles on a dusty, washboard dirt road... 4 Runner? Bronco Sport? Anything else I should consider? Some weird crossover I could put 8-10 ply tires on?
    30 miles on a dusty washboard road a few times a year does not justify a big compromise in fuel economy or on-pavement manners. Unless you need big clearance for real rock crawling or are going to hit 6" tall things at 60mph you'll be fine in a regular car. Regular tires are fine if you're not driving over pointy lava rocks.

FWIW my '82 Winnebago slays washboard at 50mph. My GF's Nissan Rogue also does fine on washboard and even mild 4x4 terrain. Would you choose Lotus 120s as your only daily driver for 250 days so that you can enjoy 5 days of powder?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Yeah, I'll still run the f-150 90% of the time to get there, but still want the ability to run over from time to time in another rig.
    Note that the 30 miles of washboard is after a notoriously nasty pass for destroying tires (broken axel had the road blocked this weekend). Plus the washboard is Idaho shale... just nasty.
    I should have prefaced this with no Jeeps. Personal grudge that has nothing to do with actual performance, just hate em.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't

And here I was coming to say the grand cherokee is actually a really capable machine and I love mine.

Oh well...

Yeah, I'll still run the f-150 90% of the time to get there, but still want the ability to run over from time to time in another rig.
    Note that the 30 miles of washboard is after a notoriously nasty pass for destroying tires (broken axel had the road blocked this weekend). Plus the washboard is Idaho shale... just nasty.
    I should have prefaced this with no Jeeps. Personal grudge that has nothing to do with actual performance, just hate em.
    In my 20s I worked for a geology field camp that spent a few weeks in the Copper Basin. We had our own 25 MPH speed limit on those roads because the shale kills tires. Our kitchen crew routinely ignored that and flatted all the time. I was in a service station in Mackay when someone came in for a tire repair after flatting on Trail Creek Road. I distinctly remember the mechanic saying “God bless that road.”

Nice deduction work! We're at the far back by the airstrip if ya know the area... What sort of geology were you studying?
    Used Lexus GX? Spendy, but capable?

Nice deduction work! We're at the far back by the airstrip if ya know the area... What sort of geology were you studying?
    Used Lexus GX? Spendy, but capable?
    Gx470 is great, buyer's guide:
    Make sure the timing belt/wp has been done, due every 90k and is expensive ($1200ish)
    Airbag rear suspension usually dies around 150k, best to replace with mild lift and coil springs
    Front axle boots last about 150k also.
    Otherwise bulletproof cars.
    Also, stock nav system is shite, finding a non nav car is great as it allows aftermarket head unit swap. Folks have been putting tesla style tablets in place of the nav, but i personally don't trust it long term.

On the tablet front, experience from the motorcycle world is that most electronics don't like excessive vibration. A tablet in a street car is probably reasonable, but I wouldn't expect frequent washboard driving to be good for lifespan.

The Bronco Sport looks really good on paper. My wife, like lots of other people, had had one on order since March and expected delivery is now November. If you want one in a timely manner, you're going to need to find one on a lot, and good luck with getting a well optioned one that way.

Also, if you haven't put better rear shocks on the F-150 yet, that can make a huge difference on washboard. I liked the way my Fox 2.0s performed when I got them, but one appears to be leaking now at 46k. Not sure if I should hold it against the shock, though, as I did get them "lightly used" and the original buyer could have been full of crap.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Oh has anyone seen the new Bronco (not the sport)? It is beefy! Looks bad ass and bigger than a regular Jeep

Wife's Tahoe Z71 definitely the bill. Put some Coopers on it and call it done.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    And here I was coming to say the grand cherokee is actually a really capable machine and I love mine.

Oh well...
    Snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Wife's Tahoe Z71 definitely the bill. Put some Coopers on it and call it done.
    I was going to say this or a Yukon. Drove a lot of those on FS roads and they were noticeably more comfortable than a pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I was going to say this or a Yukon. Drove a lot of those on FS roads and they were noticeably more comfortable than a pickup.
    Yeah, ours is surprisingly capable. I'm not a Chevy guy but that rig is pretty impressive.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A CHEVY, REV? Blasphemy!! Cabin partner has that Z71. Rad option, maybe a hair big? She thinks the F-150 is too big, so.......
    I think I've narrowed her down to a new Taco TDR, Bronco Sport Bad Land or a used Lexus GX. This whole experience reminds me why I hate buying cars.