Page 120 of 199 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

New Tundra isn't available yet. No release date. They're expected before the end of the year, but what jackattack said.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    New Tundra isn't available yet. No release date. They're expected before the end of the year, but what jackattack said.
    I thought he was referring to existing inventory of the current Tundra. But maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I was wondering the other day if I could just show up at local Toyota dealer and buy a tundra right off the lot. Tried calling down there twice and had no success. Conversation went something like

Me: i’d like to talk with someone in sales please

Her: “do you have someone in sales you’re working with?”

Me:no. I want to talk about buying a tundra

Her: OK hold on. After about 10 rounds of no answer and being transferred back to the operator I concluded that there was no one in sales that could answer the phone and I hung up.

So, does anyone know if it is indeed possible to show up at a Toyota dealer and go home with a new tundra?
    I did it 11 years ago. Going to lunch at the Bohemian Brewery and the wife and I took a quick detour in “just to look”.
    Went to dinner at the brewery after parking my new truck. We were starving by that time haha!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I thought he was referring to existing inventory of the current Tundra. But maybe not.
    Yeah I was talking about existing inventory and just purchasing one off the lot. I’m thankful that this sudden urge has abated. But still interested as to whether it is possible or not.

Depends on the dealer.
    Some have stock, some don't.
    If you live far away, or only close to one dealer, you are SOL if they won't talk on the phone.

Hasn’t the chip shortage also effected trucks as badly as regular car inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Hasn’t the chip shortage also effected trucks as badly as regular car inventory?
    Yes, across the board with all vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I did it 11 years ago. Going to lunch at the Bohemian Brewery and the wife and I took a quick detour in “just to look”.
    Went to dinner at the brewery after parking my new truck. We were starving by that time haha!
    Haha hilarious. That’s kinda what I was expecting to happen to me the other day. I’m currently running a 2005 tundra SR5 which has been great but it’s a bit under powered for what I’m getting into. Tundra just hit 90 K and I’ve got a neighbor who wants to buy it. I figured I might just roll down to Mark Miller Toyota and pick up a new one but apparently it’s not that easy. I’ll report back if anything happens in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Haha hilarious. That’s kinda what I was expecting to happen to me the other day. I’m currently running a 2005 tundra SR5 which has been great but it’s a bit under powered for what I’m getting into. Tundra just hit 90 K and I’ve got a neighbor who wants to buy it. I figured I might just roll down to Mark Miller Toyota and pick up a new one but apparently it’s not that easy. I’ll report back if anything happens in this regard.
    Looking to haul a new toy? That’s one of the reasons we did this. 26’ bunkhouse trailer was added a year after the truck.
    Larry H took my duckets.
    Times are certainly a bit different now compared to 11 years ago.
    Good luck, hope to see pics of the new truck soon
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Don't trust any inventory they show online. It's not there or it's ordered and spoken for.

Trucks.

So grateful I bought my 2020 F-150 last October. Lots of inventory. Dealership was dead. It was a Saturday afternoon and they hadn’t sold a vehicle yet. Scored my Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/6.5’ bed for $44,500.

Been a great truck so far. Lots of trips up and down the mountain. Love the creature comforts and it has tons of room. Bought it on the recommendation of my BIL who had a 2016 that he put over 100k miles on with no issues. Hoping for similar results

Oh yeah, get just over 18 MPG combined with a canopy cover and all-terrains. Holds tons of gear, too.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Don't trust any inventory they show online. It's not there or it's ordered and spoken for.
    Yup, we found this out a few months ago when things weren't quite as tight as they are now inventory wise. Trucks would go up on the web before they had been delivered, listed as coming soon, but in reality they'd all basically been presold. So we got in line at a couple dealerships and waited a couple weeks, all the while keeping in touch via text or email. When the next round of inventory was imminent one dealer shot over an email with what was available. The truck hit the dealer lot, got prepped, and we did the purchase paperwork the same day.

I commute past a couple new car dealers and their lots are so thin on stock it looks like they're going out of business. A couple not very desirable new cars out front and a smattering of used dabbed around and that's it. The shortage is real...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    In the era of $80k pickups, the $70k Rivian brings a shit ton to the table. The GOTOS "camp kitchen" is a bit too much, but the overall design and capabilities are very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So grateful I bought my 2020 F-150 last October. Lots of inventory. Dealership was dead. It was a Saturday afternoon and they hadn’t sold a vehicle yet. Scored my Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/6.5’ bed for $44,500.

Been a great truck so far. Lots of trips up and down the mountain. Love the creature comforts and it has tons of room. Bought it on the recommendation of my BIL who had a 2016 that he put over 100k miles on with no issues. Hoping for similar results

Oh yeah, get just over 18 MPG combined with a canopy cover and all-terrains. Holds tons of gear, too.
    I loved my '12 EB F-150. It ripped, fuel economy be damned. Fit, finish, design, and room - all of it. I regret selling it but it does not fit my needs now and that's a bummer. The F-150 keeps getting better and better. If I were ever back down to one vehicle, an EcoBoost F-150 is the list.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    As an Albertan, I feel a little bit ashamed to be thinking about trading my V8 Tundra in on a hybrid V6 one. But this Rivian thing is really intriguing. I would never have considered it until Motor Trend drove one across the US.

If I had to trade my truck in on something new right now, I might get the R1T. Green, with brown interior. Big battery.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

This truck story is nuts wah-wah: https://local12.com/news/offbeat/squ...hevy-avalanche

I’m all in on a Tundra Hybrid crew cab. Made many calls in search of placing ‘reservations’. Found 3 dealers that guaranteed no mark up or adjusted market value add. Placed 3 refundable deposits allowing me to draw the most desirable (to me) off their early allocations. No dealer was able to create an order at this time but believe I can tweak a dealer order I move forward on. Bad news is Hybrid availability is early spring. Hope I can roll it to the annual Mt Bachelor spring break trip.
    Eying the Platinum trim with adaptive suspension. Regarding the aerodynamic point brought up a page back. Tundra improved by 24% this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    As an Albertan, I feel a little bit ashamed to be thinking about trading my V8 Tundra in on a hybrid V6 one. .
    As an Albertan you should be ashamed that you have a Tundra to begin with. How are you supposed to roll coal in gasser?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    In the era of $80k pickups, the $70k Rivian brings a shit ton to the table. The GOTOS "camp kitchen" is a bit too much, but the overall design and capabilities are very impressive.
    Yeah - except for the worthless fucking "bed" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    As an Albertan you should be ashamed that you have a Tundra to begin with. How are you supposed to roll coal in gasser?
    I used to have a Duramax with no muffler. I think this counts as me “maturing” or something.

Also, Alberta is changing these days. Those guys all went to Saskatchewan.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - except for the worthless fucking "bed" on it.

Despite the heretical nature of stating this in this thread: I'm sure a company with $5B on the table knows their market, at least the initial market for their initial model. It's not guys who need/think they need an 8' bed...

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Despite the heretical nature of stating this in this thread: I'm sure a company with $5B on the table knows their market, at least the initial market for their initial model. It's not guys who need/think they need an 8' bed...
    So... people that don't need a pickup at all.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So... people that don't need a pickup at all.
    yahbut I might tow a boat or something someday. Maybe...

I’ve never used an 8-foot bed for fucking. Have I been missing out?