Page 68 of 199 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Trucks.

Ford: wheels are round so we’ll have round wheel wells.
    Chevy: no, square wheel wells!
    Tesla: hold my beer....

Marty McFly is gonna jump out of the DeLorean, I mean Tesla time machine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF42139-2DBA-4EE9-B638-8DB4EA383325.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	303421

Trucks.

^ the 200mile range on Bollinger’s B1 and B2 is a deal killer for my use.

Add me to the list of those who actually like the Cybertruck.

I don't like it but I get it and it will probably sell ok. I think it's going to be hard to get accessories that work with it though so if you need a cap it's going to be hard or really expensive to get one and there won't be much variety. It's also pretty big so it may be tough to deal with in a lot of parking lots. I like the 500 mile range and a bed long enough for a couple of large mt bikes.

I remember when X was revealed. Everyone was boned up over it and personally now I could find 5 other suvs I’d buy at that money if I could. They look soft. Maybe that’s why these are so sharp and bold. The performance number etc are there and looks will probably grow on me. Still say Rivian in the lead

It's also pretty big
    I haven’t compared the numbers but the articles all say it’s same size as an F150.

I agree that the Rivian seems like the best of the bunch but they’re expensive compared to the Muskian vaporware pricing.

I read that the Musktruck had to resort to 3 mm thick (!!) stainless because the flat panel design dents so easily otherwise.

This monster is insane

Name:	C41E0157-E2CA-4BBC-91DF-EF0737291FAD.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	303470
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

More and more I like the new Tesla truck. Bringing that total recall blade runner aesthetic for a dystopian futuristic truck. Everything else on the road will instantly look dated. I think.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    This monster is insane

Name:	C41E0157-E2CA-4BBC-91DF-EF0737291FAD.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	303470
    Customer of mine has one of those. Silly silly silly truck.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    More and more I like the new Tesla truck. Bringing that total recall blade runner aesthetic for a dystopian futuristic truck. Everything else on the road will instantly look dated. I think.

sent from Utah.
    I'm interested in curb weight, bed-haul capacity, all the other specs not yet released. While the design hasn't grown on me, I can see a scenario where they smooth the edges just a little and it could be pretty decent.
    Make a big splash and walk it back, makes the final product more palatable.
    Like in high school when I'd take a shot of gin before drinking a too-strong g&t to make it easier.

Still waiting for the Ha Ha, here's the REAL truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    I'm interested in curb weight, bed-haul capacity, all the other specs not yet released. While the design hasn't grown on me, I can see a scenario where they smooth the edges just a little and it could be pretty decent.
    Make a big splash and walk it back, makes the final product more palatable.
    Like in high school when I'd take a shot of gin before drinking a too-strong g&t to make it easier.
    Yeah for sure. It'll be interesting to see how electric tows. If you start seeing these things smokin the 2500s pulling a boat up parleys I think the criticism around the styling will fade. I also think the basic truck design hasn't changed in decades. Time for a change...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I'm interested in curb weight, bed-haul capacity, all the other specs not yet released.
    Bed payload has been reported in the articles I’ve seen eg Car & Driver. 3500 lbs for all 3 versions. Allegedly. Curb weight hasn’t been stated but I’m guessing 7,000 lbs. everyone knows it’ll be fucking heavy like all e-trucks.

Someone here asked about BOF. Nope, it’s unibody. The electric F150 will be BOF though.

All these e-trucks will tow well in the sense of shitloads of torque starting at zero rpm, so the main concern is how shitty the towing range will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Name:	9FF42139-2DBA-4EE9-B638-8DB4EA383325.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	303421
    125k and classifying it as "commercial" so as to get around the need to engineer basic safety systems? I was really excited for the Bollinger at first, but that enthusiasm has lessened.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Everything else on the road will instantly look dated.
    Futuristic like when a DeLorean drives down the street?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    I'm interested in section 179 compatibility.
    FIFY and me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Bed payload has been reported in the articles I’ve seen eg Car & Driver. 3500 lbs for all 3 versions. Allegedly. Curb weight hasn’t been stated but I’m guessing 7,000 lbs. everyone knows it’ll be fucking heavy like all e-trucks.

Someone here asked about BOF. Nope, it’s unibody. The electric F150 will be BOF though.

All these e-trucks will tow well in the sense of shitloads of torque starting at zero rpm, so the main concern is how shitty the towing range will be.
    Thanks, I didn't see the car and driver article til you mentioned it:
    https://www.caranddriver.com/tesla/cybertruck

I think my 1 ton is +/-6700lb .. So if tesla is 7000lb, can haul 3500 in the bed, and overall towing of 14000, that's gotta be one beefy unibody. I'm skeptical it wouldn't warp ... I wonder if that's bumper pull or gooseneck? If if they account for any difference .. and yeah, does E range go down to like 50 miles under load?
    If the bed is 6.5', that makes bed almost 4' tall to get to their claimed cubic foot capacity. Is there a unibody member set for gooseneck? 4' is probably too tall anyway, I'd have to go out and look. Adjustable ground clearance up to 16" is wild (what about under max load).
    I'm really intrigued to see once all the specs are in .. side-by-side with others and see where it falls.

It's just different enough that I'm really curious to learn about the lotta in's lotta out's and lotta what have you's, man. I still don't like the way it looks , but if I could find one somewhere I'd definitely go kick the tires.

plus, 70k isn't offensive if it really out performs conventional heavy duty trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    FIFY and me.
    I remember the rule as +6000lb, yeah?

Min GVWR 6,000 lbs. and 6' bed. I think musk is a clown but I can see this truck working.

I'm under the impression that unibody can be made to be strong /stronger than BOF at same weight. The new Defender is supposedly a testament... no?

That demo model was not set up for the weight of a quad and rider.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

The Cybertruck is actually growing on me. I'm not a huge Tesla fan, but if it delivers on its claimed capabilities, I'd be interested. I'm curious about where the bed is measured from. It looks like the bulkhead side slants in a bit after the first foot up or so. I'm curious by how much (assuming they measure 6.5 feet at the base). That's right at the line for putting a bike straight in, which would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    125k and classifying it as "commercial" so as to get around the need to engineer basic safety systems? I was really excited for the Bollinger at first, but that enthusiasm has lessened.
    that's exactly what musk is going to do to get this on the road. iirc the "production" version is unibody, the prototype was BOF, but it's just a bunch of utter vaporware bullshit to pimp a stock. cosplay engineer elon doesn't have the first fucking clue whats going on, so I'm not sure why anyone gives a fuck about claimed range or price or his utter lies about the range you'll get from teh solar panel bed cover for a 2 year out from production piece of vaporware, other than thats the musking and to fit in you've got to pretend elons farts smell like pumpkin pie. /rant

bunch of other e-trucks coming down the pipe.

So you're saying the automated battery replacement system finally comes into production with this truck?

3mm flat sheet metal without reinforcement, embossing or other features seems like a good recipe for a qc/production mess

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    that's exactly what musk is going to do to get this on the road. iirc the "production" version is unibody, the prototype was BOF, but it's just a bunch of utter vaporware bullshit to pimp a stock. cosplay engineer elon doesn't have the first fucking clue whats going on, so I'm not sure why anyone gives a fuck about claimed range or price or his utter lies about the range you'll get from teh solar panel bed cover for a 2 year out from production piece of vaporware, other than thats the musking and to fit in you've got to pretend elons farts smell like pumpkin pie. /rant

bunch of other e-trucks coming down the pipe.
    This is oddly angry, but while I'm not a huge Tesla fan, they do already have four other vehicles in production. There were plenty of snags and delays, but you can buy them right now and they all have good safety ratings as far as I can tell (not sure about the original Roadster). I think the Model 3 was named by the government as being one of the safest cars made. I certainly wouldn't add the solar roof option, but I also don't really see a reason to consider a Tesla vaporware when they've already brought multiple models to market.

That is in contrast to Bollinger, which I don't think is vaporware either at this point. I think they will bring something to market but it has already been announced as being extremely expensive and won't even have air bags. Looks like a fun off road toy with its portal axles, but out of my price range and not something I'd drive my son around in in any case if they're not going to do the standard safety testing.

Now, will the Rivian be the best of all of them? Maybe. But it's a bit more than I'd need and the bed is only 4.6 feet long. Will Ford's (or other big automaker) entry into the market provide an option that's less "boutique" for better and worse? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

Tesla has 3 vehicles in production - the Model S, the Model X and the Model 3. They previously produced the Roadster which was based on a Lotus chassis.

Tesla has now announced 4 vehicles that are not yet in production. The Semi, the Roadster 2.0, the Model Y and the Cybertruck. The Semi & Roadster were announced over 2 years ago and do not have firm production dates or details yet. The Model Y does not have a firm production date. The Cybertruck is by their own admission 2 years out.

Elon Musk is, today, spewing on Twitter about some wonderful new Stainless Alloy that'll be used for this Cybertruck which is so new and so awesome they'll need to develop whole new production processes for their awesome new truck (lol). If you don't know how the fuck you are going to make something its vaporware. at least in regards to specs and cost. Especially if this "product" you don't know how to make or exactly what it is, is magically much cheaper and much better than anything on the market. And doubly so if you aren't really willing to let people order it. (those aren't orders - they are nonbinding preorders)

sorry - I'm not a teenager anymore. I long got tired of jerking off over showcars - and that's what this "truck" without a brake pedal or rear mirros is - that promised awesome performance and to solve all my problems.