Page 126 of 199 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Will be interesting to see if the American conservative truck owner will buy into the electric truck craze. Or will it be liberals, who have secretly always wanted to be part of the truck ownership crowd, but the whole environmentally unfriendly thing about p/u trucks, will finally jump on the bandwagon of truck ownership because now they can get an electric one.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Will be interesting to see if the American conservative truck owner will buy into the electric truck craze. Or will it be liberals, who have secretly always wanted to be part of the truck ownership crowd, but the whole environmentally unfriendly thing about p/u trucks, will finally jump on the bandwagon of truck ownership because now they can get an electric one.
    It will take time but once the economics improve and cost of ownership becomes cheaper than a gasser, its going to be hard to ignore the convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

It'll be the same urban and suburban truck buyers that buy trucks now. Tow the boat a few miles to the lake or river. Bed cover on 100% of the time. When you try to talk to them about your latest home improvement project powered by your station wagon fleet they roll their eyes and spout off the phone number of their favorite local contractor Larry. The details of your project are working class drivel and not even worthy of their attention.

The guys that tell you they might not buy into the global warming thing but that they do believe in being environmental stewards just because while their truck idles in the background on a 60 degree morning.

Decent article for a Trump loving douche to write. He forgot to point out that virtue signaling is way stronger with the coal rollers than the Prius owners.

Personally excited about the generator option. I've always wanted my own, but can't get myself to blow the money on one. When we lost power for a week I drove to an out of town friends house and borrowed one. Why own one? Built into my car or truck...sweet.

Truth (but partially because the Prius is a completely mainstream economy car at this point, and the virtue signalers have moved on to full electric)

True. And like it or not we all virtue signal. My wagons show how fucking Euro I am...one look and they know dinner is never served before 8 at my house and that I do in fact look down on early eating peasants. Nothing signals selfish douche on board like a turbo that screams like a jet engine but still can't push enough air to complete a proper stoichiometric internal combustion cycle.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It will take time but once the economics improve and cost of ownership becomes cheaper than a gasser, its going to be hard to ignore the convenience.
    Just add an option that pipes in engine noise through the speaker system. Hell, "engine sound enhancement" is already a thing in some performance cars.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Personally excited about the generator option. I've always wanted my own, but can't get myself to blow the money on one. When we lost power for a week I drove to an out of town friends house and borrowed one. Why own one? Built into my car or truck...sweet.
    "Car as mobile whole-house battery" is a pretty rad side benefit of EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Just add an option that pipes in engine noise through the speaker system. Hell, "engine sound enhancement" is already a thing in some performance cars.
    And literally the first thing I removed when I had my FRS(BRZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It'll be the same person still who doesn't mind a vehicle that rides like shit unless the bed has a load in it, and feels like it has caster wheels on the back every time it snows. Are those liberals or conservatives?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    True. And like it or not we all virtue signal. My wagons show how fucking Euro I am...one look and they know dinner is never served before 8 at my house and that I do in fact look down on early eating peasants. Nothing signals selfish douche on board like a turbo that screams like a jet engine but still can't push enough air to complete a proper stoichiometric internal combustion cycle.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Excellent.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I like how he laments a bike “hanging off” the truck. I.e over the tailgate…. You should lay your bike on its side to rattle around LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That guy had a point until he started talking about guns and Trump.
    If the point was that new trucks are too expensive, shiny, and big, doesn't it seem like he's just unaware of the Maverick, which Ford will sell shittons of?

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I like how he laments a bike “hanging off” the truck. I.e over the tailgate…. You should lay your bike on its side to rattle around LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN!!!!
    The point was the Hyundai bed was ridiculously small and he is right, it's fucking small. If you want to nitpick on how it's convenient to put bikes over the tailgate and that he should know better - who gives a shit. Overall the guy is on point for calling out all his dipshit redneck buddies who think they can be a man or a rugged individual through consumerism. Same for voting for trump. Who else is saying this from the conservative viewpoint?

Anyone calling out posers is extremely welcome.

So, I have a big ol’ new (ish) Silverado…but I greatly prefer driving my wife’s escape around town. It is just so much easier to deal with. But the escape wouldn’t tow the camper real good.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Toyota fan boy here- need to give props to this new GMC. I’ve had a few days with our new Co loaner and have to say they’ve upped their game. One of my tasks will be to look after this rig for our traveling visitors Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8324.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	797.2 KB 
ID:	389655

I agree, but it's broader than that. White collar liberals drive shiny pickups too. So do moms of all political leanings.

And he didn't even touch on the chicken or egg angle. Do consumers really want pickups, or is it just the logical conclusion of the road warrior arms race, or is it that the big three don't make any other vehicles that aren't completely shit?

Nor did he mention the tax breaks that helped fuel the 'work truck that does no work' phenomenon. (quelle surprise)
    And how about the Chicken Tax (still a thing apparently) or the ridiculous CAFE standards that encourage manufacturers to make vehicles with larger footprints?

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Toyota fan boy here- need to give props to this new GMC. I’ve had a few days with our new Co loaner and have to say they’ve upped their game. One of my tasks will be to look after this rig for our traveling visitors Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8324.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	797.2 KB 
ID:	389655
    That fuckin' bed is useless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubbish.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	389659

Lol. I think this bed size thing is the tgr equivalent to ‘I only ski 195s’. Some people need em - most don’t. Proven by the manufacturers and buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That fuckin' bed is useless.
    Hahaha. I totally agree. It's downright comical when compared to the rest of that behemoth. Cracks me up seeing people driving around their giant ass trucks like "But I HAVE to have this truck so I can get like 2 bags of mulch on occasion!" My daughter's PowerWheels Barbie Jeep has a more usable bed than that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    If the point was that new trucks are too expensive, shiny, and big, doesn't it seem like he's just unaware of the Maverick, which Ford will sell shittons of?
    This thing?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972_Ford_Maverick_Sprint_(616806978).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	389660

I read his first point as the demand for trucks as lifestyle accessories has reshaped them into something other than what they were initially designed and sold for, and pushed the prices beyond the 'working man'. That's obviously valid, but since a contractor can make six figures, and everything is on credit anyway, the second part is dubious.

From there, he went into the weeds with as many conservative touch-points as he could squeeze in.

He either left the Maverick out of it because it pokes a hole in his thesis, or because the piece isn't really much more than a lament on the good ole days, when men were men, etc.

Lol. I think this bed size thing is the tgr equivalent to ‘I only ski 195s’. Some people need em - most don’t. Proven by the manufacturers and buyers.
    Yeah - those people should just get a fuckin' minivan.

Gotta think outside your chamber.
    “How do you haul plywood and materials?” >It’s all delivered to the site on a large scale these days
    “How you gonna move large tools?” >all delivered by the super duty’s with power lift gates

“How are you gonna find parking for that long bed in the city/ job?” >yah that’s a problem

I spent yesterday at a swank sporting clays club where the parking lot by the time all the guests arrived was probably 75% new American trucks, and holy shit is that article above correct. None of these guys will ever use those trucks for anything other than driving down a gravel road at best.

They all took their gun bags out of the crew cabs, not the covered bed or even a box within the covered bed.

The trucks are too big and I am so sick of the aggro-bro culture that seems to go along with it.

This line summed it up nicely for me, "a whole culture of pickup-themed assholery".

It's like Affliction clothing and Nickleback hooked up to make a car.
    I still call it The Jake.

If TGR ruled the world every truck would have a 12 foot bed and factory ladder rack.

Truth (but partially because the Prius is a completely mainstream economy car at this point, and the virtue signalers have moved on to full electric)
    But the MAGA crowd still loves when one of their candidates blows one up in their ads....
    So, yeah.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Gotta think outside your chamber.
    “How do you haul plywood and materials?” >It’s all delivered to the site on a large scale these days
    “How you gonna move large tools?” >all delivered by the super duty’s with power lift gates

“How are you gonna find parking for that long bed in the city/ job?” >yah that’s a problem
    Yeah - maybe buy a small, fuel-efficient car for that?

Just spitballin' here.