Page 26 of 199 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    There have been rumors of a new Bronco model since they discontinued the old one approximately 20 years ago. The article even says the image was created by an enthusiast, not issued by Ford. Also, the article cites the UAW bigwig as it's source, not Ford. I'd get a little more excited if they were hitting showrooms but until then, not so much.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...l-photos-info/

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    The 2020 Ford Bronco, for people who want a less practical, less reliable 4Runner.

Yeah not sure I'd jump to that conclusion quite yet.

I visit Oz pretty often but for those of you unfamiliar with this Everest platform, it's pretty capable stock and there are aftermarket options: https://www.4x4australia.com.au/revi...-arb-treatment

Reliability is fine, from what I've heard anyway.

Hope they don't neuter the platform when Bronco-izing it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The 2020 Ford Bronco, for people who want a less practical, less reliable 4Runner.
    Awesome.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Ill get an allocation and flip it for 10k, like the Raptor.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Crazy bobby stainless!

That Ford looks interesting.

Insane world we live in where Dodges and Fords are getting flipped before they hit a customer's hands.

Been interesting reading this morning with all the news coming out of Detroit Int'l Auto Show.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Crazy bobby stainless!

Doing the same thing with a Ford GT, except that will make more.

Nice burn though bro! You totally got me!

Just a used car salesman. Us bottom feeders gotta hustle.

Needs to look like this.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 01-09-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Crazy bobby stainless!

I laughed.
    sigless.

Needs to look like this.
    NO! I don't mind the mini door so much but where the fuck is the removable top? It's not a Bronco without one. It's really that simple.

I don't imagine it will be based on a F150, like it used to be.

More like a Bronco II.

Out of curiosity, how does one do this? I once talked to a guy at who was a mechanic at a Ferrari dealership and he was telling me how he always has at least one car on order and then "sells" it before he actually has to pay for it. I am guessing that you put a deposit down and then sell your place in line later on to somebody with more money than patience?

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does one do this? I once talked to a guy at who was a mechanic at a Ferrari dealership and he was telling me how he always has at least one car on order and then "sells" it before he actually has to pay for it. I am guessing that you put a deposit down and then sell your place in line later on to somebody with more money than patience?
    He's got a dealer's license and a rich daddy.

I kinda picture buddy with snake skin cowboy boots
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    He's got a dealer's license and a rich daddy.
    Yep. That's all it takes.

Managing a Porsche store for a few years helps.

Depends. I bought 6 Raptors, and sold them, before any were delivered. I plan on doing the same with Bronco.

911R was different. Took delivery from the original owner on a trade, and then sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I kinda picture buddy with snake skin cowboy boots
    I usually wear tennis shoes.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 01-10-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Yo BD, you see that article on Jalopnik about the "Anonymous Ford designer giving details on the new Bronco/Ranger" on some Reddit thing?

Sounds like 4 doors, no removable roof and no relation to anything like what OJ drove.

They have leaked a photo!

Name:  1484094770499.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  31.3 KB
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo BD, you see that article on Jalopnik about the "Anonymous Ford designer giving details on the new Bronco/Ranger" on some Reddit thing?

Sounds like 4 doors, no removable roof and no relation to anything like what OJ drove.
    Not much different than a Exploder.

Depends. I bought 6 Raptors, and sold them, before any were delivered. I plan on doing the same with Bronco.
    So you just walk in like any old joe off the street and write a check for 6 trucks, then wait until you get a confirmed delivery date and then somehow transfer them to somebody else? Seems weird for a dealer to allow this and leave money on the table.

Not much different than a Exploder.
    Always loved that nickname. Was completely accurate for my college buddy's 2004 Exploder that he got to tow his wakeboat. Everything, including the fucking paint went to shit in short order.

So you just walk in like any old joe off the street and write a check for 6 trucks, then wait until you get a confirmed delivery date and then somehow transfer them to somebody else?
    No. It has more to do with professional relationships you make, while spending time in the industry.

No. It has more to do with professional relationships you make, while spending time in the industry.
    I'm also idly curious. So is there a reason people are paying you a premium? I assume for some models there's an element of finding one in the correct configuration but otherwise I'm not sure I see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'm also idly curious. So is there a reason people are paying you a premium? I assume for some models there's an element of finding one in the correct configuration but otherwise I'm not sure I see the point.
    Buy up all the available inventory to create demand and then jack up the price... basically like scalping tickets, no?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I am guessing that people want the car now and are willing to pay to jump the waiting list. I still wonder why the dealers will sell it below market price. Why let Beer Drinker make an easy 10k while they do all the work.

Wow, you sound like quite the player in the industry!