Page 64 of 199 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

I drove a full load 2015 eco-boost f-150 with Fx4 on a forestry roads/highway raft shuttle, it got very good milage, lotsa power, impressed with the ride on the shitty forestry roads and i have no idea what most of the buttons did

I have no info but i worry about upkeep on a used 3.5 eco-boost, in fact the new strategey of the even smaller boosted engines (2.4 in the ranger) worries me as these trucks get older which is why i'm looking at the taco over the f-150 or new ranger

there are frame recalls on the Taco in certain years so they just replace the whole fucking frame, i believe its a 40hr job I imagine its good chargeback warranty money for the dealer. When i biked thru the Toyo dealer lot last week there were 2 frames stacked on skids waiting to be installed which is something you don't see in a car dealer

I mentioned frame recall to the local bartender/brewmaster so he goggles it and finds out his busted rear springs are covered on a recall too, back in the day my 90 4-runer had a head gasket recall when it was 7 yars old ... these are impressive things for a car mfgr to cover IMO

also looking at the Tundra, in the 5.7 config which is how most of them come its a gas pig but a fish shuttle client pointed out the 4.6 gets better milage somewhat close to the tacoma, he said he never got worse than 18 running around contracting sometimes towing a trailer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^I kind of feel the same in regards to the longevity of the ecoboost but boy they drive nice and sometimes I regret not getting one. You can also get a 2.7 ecoboost now in the f150 which I haven't drove but sounds like its capable of decent fuel economy.

I drove the 2.3 eco in the ranger in a mustang rental last summer and am intrigued to try it in the ranger, but a new truck is not happening anytime soon in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Right so the 2015 f150s or newer got the bump in gas mileage due to the weight loss? Maybe the v6 would be a good call....

I just sold my well-loved 2000 taco, part of this post is seeing if there anything worthwhile other then a new tacoma. They use lots of salt on the roads where I live, so I'm concerned about the frame rust issues with Tacos.

Any thoughts on the dodge eco-diesel trucks? Just saw one a little out of my price range....
    If the owner kept on top of things the later Tacoma frames should be fine, I have a 2008 double cab with 250k km, it was inspected and the frame cleaned and sprayed with some sort of coating by the dealer. Anytime I take it in, which isn’t often they check it over again. Also had the rear springs replaced on recall warranty. Fuel mileage is OK, but not great, Better than a full sized when running empty, probably about the same when towing or loaded up. Probably going to sell it soon as I need something smaller for our parking in Whistler, but don’t know what that is going to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    New (used) truck time. It's been a while so if anyone feels like chiming in it would be appreciated. I live within a days drive of Calgary, so pretty big market...

20k budget
    2door/extended cab preferred (no need for 4 door/mega cab)
    6ft box or bigger
    Good gas mileage/reliability are the biggest considerations.

What would you be looking for?
    F150 or Tundra both fit the bill IMO.

Apropos of maybe something, while my son is out of the country, I'll leave my Tundra in the garage and drive his dirtbag 1st gen Taco every once in awhile to keep it fresh. 4 banger with a 5 speed, it will go anywhere and is impossible to drive without a smile on your face. I get some pretty funny looks when people see some old guy hopping out of it at Bridger Bowl..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taco tundra.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	285205

Interior, 6" lift and wheels and call it a day

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Name:  IMG_0913.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  53.5 KB
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Who's getting one?

General Motors (NYSE:GM) is in the process of rolling out a new version of its heavy-duty Chevrolet Silverado featuring the new High Country trim package that could become the first U.S. pickup to list for six figures, according to CNBC. Ford's (NYSE:F) Limited edition of its F-Series Super Duty truck can run at about $95K when fully loaded. Pickup trucks have been major profit contributors for the Detroit automakers, due in part to the willingness of drivers to pay up for quality. "For people who make their living spending all their time in one of these trucks, they’re not afraid to spend the money to get the best truck they can buy," notes AutoTrends Consulting analyst Joe Phillippi.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Party like it's 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who's getting one?

General Motors (NYSE:GM) is in the process of rolling out a new version of its heavy-duty Chevrolet Silverado featuring the new High Country trim package that could become the first U.S. pickup to list for six figures, according to CNBC. Ford's (NYSE:F) Limited edition of its F-Series Super Duty truck can run at about $95K when fully loaded. Pickup trucks have been major profit contributors for the Detroit automakers, due in part to the willingness of drivers to pay up for quality. "For people who make their living spending all their time in one of these trucks, they’re not afraid to spend the money to get the best truck they can buy," notes AutoTrends Consulting analyst Joe Phillippi.
    Gotta have something for those Wes Texas oil boomers to spend their paycheck on.

And they get to depreciate it all in year 1.

Man 100k Cowboy Cadillacs, I bet it is pretty nice in there.
    Live Free or Die

This is a cowboy cadillac..

Name:  p2FMZoY.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  83.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    This is a cowboy cadillac..

Name:  p2FMZoY.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  83.2 KB
    You'd think a real cowboy could spring for a gun rack.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And a toolbox. That's a truck owned by a damned fool without a shred of situational awareness. Might as well bolt a neon sign onto it that says "Low Hanging Fruit, Break Into Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And a toolbox. That's a truck owned by a damned fool without a shred of situational awareness. Might as well bolt a neon sign onto it that says "Low Hanging Fruit, Break Into Me!"
    Sections literally out in the middle of nowhere ain't experiencing a crime wave. And grabbing tools out of a toolbox at -20 below ain't an enjoyable experience.

On a related note, how long have you lived in the suburbs?

by the size of that wrench, his nuts are quite large

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    by the size of that wrench, his nuts are quite large
    That's a mini compared to my monkey wrenches.

Why would you need a gun rack when that's a nice snug spot?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Why would you need a gun rack when that's a nice snug spot?
    Hit a bump and take out the tranny. Or do you only drive paved roads?

driven section roads like this for years and have never shot a starter. Cold chamber helps..

Hit a bump and take out the tranny. Or do you only drive paved roads?
    Lol wut?

My first thought as well.

Cool looking dog though.

all there trannys are in town.

Someone help me find a really nice 1997 Ford F250 for $5,000 or less please. A 1995 just slipped through my fingers. Gas engine preferred as 7.3 tax is insane.
    Last edited by simple; 06-28-2019 at 05:05 PM.

My tundra has been trouble free/touch wood but fuck does it chomp gas. Been driving around a denali and it just sips fuel. Probably almost twice the mileage as my yota 5.7