Page 63 of 199 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

I too drive a $3k shit box everyday.

Bromo, what is your 3k car? I only ever saw your Porsche. It did not look like a shit box.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Did you get the gun rack and Dale Jr sticker for it?

Plus, how will he learn basic car mechanics if it's new and under warranty?
    He is an avid computer programmer which is probably more apt for working on future cars then adjusting carbs. Seems like most Mechanics these days use a laptop more than a stethoscope

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's a lot of root canals...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    All i did was break the dentist code and work a few fridays to pay for it. I had a line out the door

+1 for the versatility of the smellement.

Fucking dentists... and dentists' kids...

Everyone should be driving 90s toyotas. No need for anything more modern. We would all have much more cash in our pockets. Except the mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Fucking dentists... and dentists' kids...
    I am contributing to the used car market in a few years. If nobody purchased a new car, how would there be used ones to purchase. It would quickly look like Havana. Having to cobble together toyota tacoma drivetrains from rusted out frames onto chevy colorado frames with aluminum ford panels due to rust.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I am contributing to the used car market in a few years. If nobody purchased a new car, how would there be used ones to purchase. It would quickly look like Havana. Having to cobble together toyota tacoma drivetrains from rusted out frames onto chevy colorado frames with aluminum ford panels due to rust.
    lol.

Way to support the U.S. economy, sir!

Is Toyota going to put one of their diesels in a tundra, like the vd-ftv?

Lol at diesel import trucks. It doesn't happen. Toyota knows what sells here. Gas guzzler 16 mpg trucks, hybrid cars, cute utes and luxury vehicles. Not wagons. Not diesel. Not manual transmissions.

I guess we’ll see.

Never realized before, but the hilux (and hiace) are sold new in MX.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Thread drift:

Is a $480 quote for 90k service + oil change for a 2012 Tundra really high? Or just Bozangles tax high? This is not at a dealer, but a recommended toyota garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thread drift:

Is a $480 quote for 90k service + oil change for a 2012 Tundra really high? Or just Bozangles tax high? This is not at a dealer, but a recommended toyota garage.
    whats included in the service?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    whats included in the service?
    Dont know if this link will work. Pretty involved check with a decent amount of 4wd maintenance involved.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/parts-...66122784852190

Changing differential and t-case fluids must be a really high margin job for garages. Changing those and greasing your prop shafts are about the extent of the 4wd service you can do one these things. It's easier to do than changing your engine oil on these trucks, but shops regularly get about $300 for doing all three.

See what the 90k service will run you if you do those things yourself.

New (used) truck time. It's been a while so if anyone feels like chiming in it would be appreciated. I live within a days drive of Calgary, so pretty big market...

20k budget
    2door/extended cab preferred (no need for 4 door/mega cab)
    6ft box or bigger
    Good gas mileage/reliability are the biggest considerations.

What would you be looking for?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thread drift:

Looks about right to me. If you shopped around you might knock a hundred bucks off of that, but I'd pay more for reputable service if it came down to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    New (used) truck time. It's been a while so if anyone feels like chiming in it would be appreciated. I live within a days drive of Calgary, so pretty big market...

20k budget
    6ft box or bigger

Good gas mileage and trucks do not compute with me. If you want good gas mileage, don't get a truck.

20k budget
    6ft box or bigger

Do you have a number in mind for mpg? Preference for mid-size or full-size? The mid-sizes have gotten so bloated recently they are tough to justify unless you have parking constraints IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Good gas mileage and trucks do not compute with me. If you want good gas mileage, don't get a truck.
    What!?!? No way. Ok, recommend me a Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Do you have a number in mind for mpg? Preference for mid-size or full-size? The mid-sizes have gotten so bloated recently they are tough to justify unless you have parking constraints IMO.
    No smaller than a 6ft box. Was thinking f150 with 6.5ft box was about right....I don't know what qualifies mid or full-size anymore...
    Drive slow, homie.

20k budget
    6ft box or bigger

Unless you got a need for more room or carrying ability you can probably trust a used taco but you should drive the Taco and see if you like them, I drive fishing shuttles in the fall where I may drive 3 different trucks in 3 hrs and the Taco is pretty likable, I've also driven them for expediting

Its been 10yrs on my ranger, need new snow tires next season, new summers soon, at a point where some shit is wearing out , also i'm not a big guy so I'm thinking about a new Taco
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What!?!? No way. Ok, recommend me a Prius.
    Fuck that, I'd go with a AWD Mazda 3 Hatch.

No smaller than a 6ft box. Was thinking f150 with 6.5ft box was about right....I don't know what qualifies mid or full-size anymore...
    I'm on my second crew cab 6.5' bed. This one is a 2012 F150 5.0 I picked up a year ago for a little over your budget. Its a nice truck but I've had a few little issues that have really pissed me off including a coolant leak, front hub going bad, and the horn just quit working. Stupid shit that shouldn't happen on a 90k truck. But I bought it used so who knows how it was treated for 6 years. Overall its comfortable as fuck to drive and I average around 15mpg, but I have 2" lift, E rated tires, and a tall ass shell with a roof rack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1086.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	285091

You may be able to find a 2015+ ext cab in your price range which have an aluminum body and appear to get better mileage. They still have stupid vacuum front hubs though.

Right so the 2015 f150s or newer got the bump in gas mileage due to the weight loss? Maybe the v6 would be a good call....

I just sold my well-loved 2000 taco, part of this post is seeing if there anything worthwhile other then a new tacoma. They use lots of salt on the roads where I live, so I'm concerned about the frame rust issues with Tacos.

Any thoughts on the dodge eco-diesel trucks? Just saw one a little out of my price range....
    Drive slow, homie.

I have a 2017 Ram 1500, 4x4, 4 door with the 5.7 and average between 17 and 20 mpg depending on where my foot is at in the accelerator. I know there is a lot of hate on chrysler but this is my 2nd Ram, i retired the last one at 190k with no issues.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?