Page 157 of 199 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Trucks.

My boat only weighs like 7k lbs all loaded up. Does that make me not manly enough?

All joking aside, I would rather they added payload capacity than HP or towing capacity

I was joking more about the manufacturers. We already have big, towing, marginal mileage, 3/4 and 1 tons. How about some effort in the 1/2 ton zone to get a pickup than can tow a little that gets over 30 mpg? That wouldn’t be a miss. Maybe they’re all saying screw hybrid and sending it on plug ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I was joking more about the manufacturers. We already have big, towing, marginal mileage, 3/4 and 1 tons. How about some effort in the 1/2 ton zone to get a pickup than can tow a little that gets over 30 mpg? That wouldn’t be a miss. Maybe they’re all saying screw hybrid and sending it on plug ins.
    Yeah. It feels like a definite hole in the market.

This seems like a serious lack in the market. Especially since much of the current truck market requires prolonged use away from reliable charging sources. A plug in hybrid 1/2 ton would be a great vehicle for much of the N/A market.

Real life mileage in the new Tundra is not impressive. Averaging 16.2 over about 700 miles. This tiny little engine has to fucking work hard on Seattle's hills. Truck is gutless until the the turbo kicks in

Saw that one coming.

I think Toyota even acknowledged the main goal of the hybrid system on the Tundra is mitigating turbo lag as opposed to increasing mpg. The architecture is completely different than something like a Prius or Camry.

just finished a hot shot to ft mac,
    buddy gave me some credit cards and his 2022 chev 3500 duramax

it was fully loaded with 2700lbs of drilling equipment, it went up/ down hills like nothing, never shifted down on any hills, nice interiour and it rode like a limo, quite amazing really

until they unloaded all the hose & pipe, then it rode like a truck
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-08-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, my 1T van also rides like shit when it only has 1000# in it. Even my little Toyota rides and handles better with a few hundred pounds in the bed. It's almost like these vehicles are designed to carry shit around, not just drive to and from the Whole Foods, empty. Huh.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

yeah who knew ?

I had been driving this amazing shiny new vehical for 16 hrs and i was totally enamored,

then they unload the drill hose/ drill pipe/ the gen set and it was a truck

I’m not sure if this is sarcastic? In 2014 Ram 3.0 diesel 1500 truck was introduced & its rated for 12,600 lb towing. Hiway mpg is nominally 33. Friend who owns one gets low 30s routinely when lightly loaded.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

^^^
    And for some reason they stopped making that truck. I have no idea why. When I bought a truck a few years ago I searched for said dodge and couldn’t find any. Used prices were insane.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I know some folks with the 3.0 Dodge. They like it. How many options outside of that one that is tough to find exist? Not many.

Stealing from SUV sales with a truck that gets mileage

I know some folks with the 3.0 Dodge. They like it. How many options outside of that one that is tough to find exist? Not many.
    I agree. But the ram 3.0 diesel truck was never discontinued, and I just did a quick search in my area and there are 5 2022 models available at dealer lots. Starting at $60k lol. And some used ones as well, but over priced like most desirable trucks.

Not sure what altacoup is talking about.

I almost bought one 6 yrs ago but the payload was too low.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Ford and GM both offer a 2.7L gasser in the 150/1500.

Chev 2.7 pulling 7,200 TT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5OIlw6QqR8

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I agree. But the ram 3.0 diesel truck was never discontinued, and I just did a quick search in my area and there are 5 2022 models available at dealer lots. Starting at $60k lol. And some used ones as well, but over priced like most desirable trucks.

Not sure what altacoup is talking about.

I almost bought one 6 yrs ago but the payload was too low.
    I searched for 6 months 2019in the SLC area and never saw a single one. Just assumed they’d been discontinued as every dealer was fully stocked at that time.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Ford and GM both offer a 2.7L gasser in the 150/1500.

Chev 2.7 pulling 7,200 TT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5OIlw6QqR8
    My buddy ( a mechanic) has the 2.7 and he sez its got rokin power & great milage, but i gotta wonder at what point they are asking too much of a small engine ??

I also been reading that the 2.7 ford engines are tossing their cookies

junior had issues with his 3.5, Ford replaced the block on warranty due to porosity of the block casting causing oil loss,

to figure it out his buddy (a ford mechanic) told him to go to this dealer and request this mech, buddy put dye in the oil to find the prob

Buddy has one of the RAM 3.0 diesels, it's leveled on 35s. I've got a Ford 3.5 gas that's also on 35s. Same tires actually. We just did a road trip driving both trucks that was around 1,000mi round trip with lots of elevation - he got ~20mpg, I got ~17mpg. I bet the RAM would do a lot better on stock tires, but either way the small diesel does a whole lot better than their V8.

I’m not sure if this is sarcastic? In 2014 Ram 3.0 diesel 1500 truck was introduced & its rated for 12,600 lb towing. Hiway mpg is nominally 33. Friend who owns one gets low 30s routinely when lightly loaded.
    And the '22 4wd drive 3.0 is being rated at 21/29 mpg so maybe mid 20s average. Still waiting on a hybrid that does 30+. Or a build out of quick charge stations in more rural locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    My boat only weighs like 7k lbs all loaded up. Does that make me not manly enough?

All joking aside, I would rather they added payload capacity than HP or towing capacity
    I completely agree.

If you read my Tundra's marketing, it screams 2000lb payload in the headlines.

Except I am fancy and have the options which drop it to 1500.

Throw in the fam and some gear and we are down to 1000 pretty quick

Think about getting a camper and you are very, very limited in options.

but man can it pull some stuff as long as all that stuff fits in one unit. First world problems of owning a boat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I completely agree.

but man can it pull some stuff as long as all that stuff fits in one unit. First world problems of owning a boat I guess.
    Payload has always been the Achilles heal of a half ton. Of course that doesn’t stop a million weekend warriors from massively overloading their trucks with heavy trailers and a bed full of firewood every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I completely agree.

you could tow that boat and trailer at the same time if you moved to Alberta

AKA Mordor

I may have already posted in this thread, but I've gotten very similar numbers with my baby Duramax in my Silverado. Ive got about 40k miles now with a lifetime avg mpg of 22.2. That includes a significant amount of towing (big tandem 7k# enclosed trailer for work or my ~5k# boat) and a ton of trips up / down LCC. If I'm just driving on the highway I get mid 30s. I put on KO2s which seem to have about a 1 mpg penalty versus the stock grocery hauler tires.

When it comes to mpg, its a tossup between my truck and my wifes Outback...which is absurd.

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

I know two people that have owned the Ram 3.0s and both were mechanical disasters. My mechanic had one in the other day when I was stopping by and said he sees a lot of them. So maybe that's why you don't hear more about them?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."