Page 127 of 199 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If TGR ruled the world every truck would have a 12 foot bed and factory ladder rack.
    I miss 12 foot beds.
    I still call it The Jake.

Anything less than 6’4” is useless to me. Lot’s of trucks out there with tiny 5’ beds though, like an insane amount. That GMC has the same wheel base as mine, just my cab is a touch smaller so parking them both is similar, don’t have an issue with mine.
    If you rarely use the bed, buy a car.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    But the MAGA crowd still loves when one of their candidates blows one up in their ads....
    So, yeah.
    They also live firmly in the past. A fantasy one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    If you rarely use the bed, buy a car.
    Judging by the parking lot at Whole Foods, that's not how its done anymore.
    I still call it The Jake.

My F-150 has a pussy 5.5 foot bed since I'm a little bitch. It's useful... and I hate to blow anyone's mind, but I also have a bed extender when I need it. It's nice being able to actually park somewhere.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I read his first point as the demand for trucks as lifestyle accessories has reshaped them into something other than what they were initially designed and sold for, and pushed the prices beyond the 'working man'. That's obviously valid, but since a contractor can make six figures, and everything is on credit anyway, the second part is dubious.

From there, he went into the weeds with as many conservative touch-points as he could squeeze in.

He either left the Maverick out of it because it pokes a hole in his thesis, or because the piece isn't really much more than a lament on the good ole days, when men were men, etc.
    I think you completely missed the spirit of the article and who will read it. Maybe you are a truck owner who felt attacked by it?

I'm definitely in the oooo, shiny new pickup that's electric so it strokes that part of my ego/ethos too.

Pickup will be ideal for us for:
    hauling travel trailer 8-10/year
    hauling gardening stuff 2-3/year
    hauling extra bikes 4-5/year

Electric (with free charging at my office) makes it great for:
    Commuting

Things that are a wash
    driving to the ski area every weekend (we make it just fine in the little impreza with a rocket box)

Things that will suck
    parking vs the impreza (?)

Is it the same size as a superduty... nope.. I know that changes the metrics.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Lol. I think this bed size thing is the tgr equivalent to ‘I only ski 195s’. Some people need em - most don’t. Proven by the manufacturers and buyers.
    Having just dumped my Tacoma to get in a Tundra with a 6.5 ft box, I disagree with that statement. There is definitely something to be said about being able to put skis in the back lengthwise. Playing tetris with your gear everyday gets real old.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I think you completely missed the spirit of the article and who will read it. Maybe you are a truck owner who felt attacked by it?
    Ok, what in your opinion was the spirit of the article and who exactly will read it?

I love how we can rehash the whole 'who needs a truck and who doesn't' argument every few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I love how we can rehash the whole 'who needs a truck and who doesn't' argument every few pages.
    Me too. And every time I do a mental list of all the "truck things" I've done lately to evaluate my manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Everyone needs a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    My F-150 has a pussy 5.5 foot bed since I'm a little bitch.
    You could have just stopped here.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Me too. And every time I do a mental list of all the "truck things" I've done lately to evaluate my manliness.
    Ha! Glad I’m not the only one. I also mentally go through my picture library of said truck in use for more confirmation that I am way more manly than most the TRG posers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Everyone needs a truck.
    Everyone thinks they need a truck.

[full disclosure; I own two]

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You could have just stopped here.

You are to this thread what xxx-er is to any thread where someone mentions the USA.

Not gonna lie. I think Ford's knocked it out of the park with the Mav. Seems it would be more than capable enough for the "needs" of 99% of suburban truck owners out there, and the mpg is seriously respectable. Would even be great for lots of contractors who don't have big hauling needs. No reason this shouldn't be fine for pool maintenance companies, light landscaping, handyman stuff, etc. And CHEAP to boot!
    https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/

You guys have me convinced. I’ll cancel my plans to buy a short bed Tundra and go for a Camry since I will rarely use the bed. Still scratching my head about how I’m going to tow my trailer, haul bikes, skis (189 BGs do fit!), and DIY tho.
    What I don’t have is- the balls tell my company’s fleet manager he’s a moran and should’ve bought a malibu for the visiting general foreman and occasional CEO’s use. I mean, What does he know…? He only buys about 50 rigs a year Vs. you experts.
    I’ve got the sprit now though.. wonder how many Tacoma drivers I can tell ‘you’re doing wrong by not rolling a Corrolla’ by the end of week

You guys have me convinced. I’ll cancel my plans to buy a short bed Tundra and go for a Camry since I will rarely use the bed. Still scratching my head about how I’m going to tow my trailer, haul bikes, skis (189 BGs do fit!), and DIY tho.
    What I don’t have is- the balls tell my company’s fleet manager he’s a moran and should’ve bought a malibu for the visiting general foreman and occasional CEO’s use. I mean, What does he know…? He only buys about 50 rigs a year Vs. you experts.
    I’ve got the sprit now though.. wonder how many Tacoma drivers I can tell ‘you’re doing wrong by not rolling a Corrolla’ by the end of week
    A porsche guy arguing about trucks is making my day so much better.

and we've come full circle

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    and we've come full circle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru_1800_MV_4WD_1992_(14407287694).jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	389690Hmmm?

yeah yeah gotta go single cab to get the long bed, but you can hardly call that parking job in the city within the lines

Of the 5 guys framing & other “real work” at the new house under construction down the street, 4 drive a car to the work site. I should tell them they are doing it wrong. The truck belongs to the “boss” guy. It’s new, sparkling, and never has anything in the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    A porsche guy arguing about trucks is making my day so much better.
    Probably had a Tundra before you did bro

Name:	IMG_7630.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	389691

Probably had a Tundra before you did bro

Name:	IMG_7630.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	389691
    Ive never owned a car, so there is that, fancy pants. Get back to me when you can say that.