Page 165 of 199 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Hey, I can fit a bike in the back of my 1st gen 4runner with the wheels on.

I posted my hatchback in the wagon thread too, IDGAF.
    Hell, I can fit my bike in my wife's RAV4 without taking the wheels off.

Opinions on the Nissan Titan as a work truck, vs Tundra vs Silverado? Don't need a ton of towing capability, just need space and reliability. Reliability rating seem better than average.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Opinions on the Nissan Titan as a work truck, vs Tundra vs Silverado? Don't need a ton of towing capability, just need space and reliability. Reliability rating seem better than average.
    My buddy used the Titan for years to run a small landscaping business. He loved it. However he ended up buying a Tundra the second time around. IMO either are going to be better than the Silverado. No matter how you research it. It always comes to that conclusion.

Added note: the Titan never died. It ended up being rear ended on the street and totaled.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Labcabin; 08-05-2022 at 08:15 AM.

I drove a base model Titan as a rental truck a few months ago. Put ~600mi on it or so...it drove pretty well. Decent power, OK mileage, smooth ride. I think it would really come down to what you can find and what the pricing is like. The Tundra, Titan, F-150, etc are all within a few hundred dollars of each other at MSRP for work truck models - I'd have a really hard time buying the Tundra or the Titan over an F-150 XL if they were all reasonable available. I'm guessing the Titan will be cheaper though, I don't think the demand for them is as high.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I drove a base model Titan as a rental truck a few months ago. Put ~600mi on it or so...it drove pretty well. Decent power, OK mileage, smooth ride. I think it would really come down to what you can find and what the pricing is like. The Tundra, Titan, F-150, etc are all within a few hundred dollars of each other at MSRP for work truck models - I'd have a really hard time buying the Tundra or the Titan over an F-150 XL if they were all reasonable available. I'm guessing the Titan will be cheaper though, I don't think the demand for them is as high.
    Nissan and Toyota are better than the Ford in terms of reliability and resale. And fuck Ford.

Get a used land cruiser and a nice sedan for the daily drive.
    Our cruiser is bomber reliable with 266k miles on it. It sits most of the time as it's thirsty and slow. The AWD ttv8 Merc is comfy, fast, and gets decent mpg.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Get a used land cruiser and a nice sedan for the daily drive.
    Our cruiser is bomber reliable with 266k miles on it. It sits most of the time as it's thirsty and slow. The AWD ttv8 Merc is comfy, fast, and gets decent mpg.
    I need a truck bed. I don’t know that I’ll ever own an SUV. I don’t have kids. I rarely drive with more than two passengers. And I really don’t have a need for it. Wife has a small suv RAV and it is bigger than we need for most personal stuff.

Nissan and Toyota are better than the Ford in terms of reliability and resale. And fuck Ford.
    Nissan reliability is going to be very model-dependent. Something like an Armada (Patrol) or a Frontier should be much more reliable than their assortment of CVT equipped cars and crossovers.

The current Titan doesn't seem to be nearly as popular as the first generation. I rarely see any of the current ones, but many of the older ones are around. Maybe the older ones were better deals relative to the competition at the time?

New Tundra will probably be a lot harder to get a good deal on vs a Titan that's been out for several years.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Nissan reliability is going to be very model-dependent. Something like an Armada (Patrol) or a Frontier should be much more reliable than their assortment of CVT equipped cars and crossovers.
    This. Nissan has bed in bed with a lot of other manufacturers and some of their vehicles have a very 'committee built' feel.

Honesty, I'd go with the Tundra if you can get one for msrp, because of the price-depreciation-repairs equation.

I'm just going to put this here. Owned one just like it and put 100k on it with nothing but tires and oil changes. Not super fast by any stretch but they just don't build anything like this any more.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3LY...ma-xtracab-4x4
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I need a truck bed. I don’t know that I’ll ever own an SUV. I don’t have kids. I rarely drive with more than two passengers. And I really don’t have a need for it. Wife has a small suv RAV and it is bigger than we need for most personal stuff.
    Have you considered a Midget?

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KYl...atsu-midget-ii
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I'm just going to put this here. Owned one just like it and put 100k on it with nothing but tires and oil changes. Not super fast by any stretch but they just don't build anything like this any more.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3LY...ma-xtracab-4x4
    Had one just like that too. Traded it in at 280k because it was rusted out around the windshield. Great truck. I got $6k but that was like 6-7 years ago before shit went crazy.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 08-06-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Has anyone seen the upcoming Cummins 6.7, a multi fuel platform ICE?

https://youtu.be/g-siDF17TJU

I am hoping my next truck is a 2028 Cummins Ram fueled by hydrogen. None of the current or revealed future EV pickups really scream “truck” to me.

It appears too that my home state is looking to make this possible. Time will tell.

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/climate/...iveSummary.pdf
    "Let's be careful out there."

Went and test drove this. 316k miles and still drove great. Seems like it is coming home with me.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The pinnacle of Jeep was the XJ Cherokee with a 4.0 straight six, the AW4 Aisin transmission, and the NP242 transfer case (shift between 2WD, 4 full time, 4 high, and 4 low). Best rear axle option in that configuration was the Chrysler 8.25, which you got on the non- ABS ones.
    I had one of these with those exact options! 1996 Cherokee Classic. Floorboards and rockers rusted out so bad my feet were suspended by the carpet.

Trucks.

96 Grand Cherokee Laredo with all the off road options for my then girlfriend/now lovely wife. In that wine purplish color. She thought she was cool.

She was.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Went and test drove this. 316k miles and still drove great. Seems like it is coming home with me.

Assalanche? I mean, do you park it next to the Asstec and hope the universe doesn't implode?

Abomination of a truck.

Had one just like that too. Traded it in at 280k because it was rusted out around the windshield. Great truck. I got $6k but that was like 6-7 years ago before shit went crazy.
    I mean at $9k in this market, that's not awful. Bilstein shocks, looks well cared for? I'm twitchy looking at it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20220807-083845_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	990.6 KB 
ID:	423287

I dont know if I could look at this in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post

Would you be parking the ATV and Texas wheelchair in the 3rd bay?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I mean at $9k in this market, that's not awful. Bilstein shocks, looks well cared for? I'm twitchy looking at it.
    There was a similar one w/ only 50k on it for sale near me. Guy wanted $20k.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Would you be parking the ATV and Texas wheelchair in the 3rd bay?
    Texas wheelchair!?! Fabulous! Gonna steal that one for sure
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Texas wheelchair!?! Fabulous! Gonna steal that one for sure
    Goddammit.

I meant to type Texas Wheelchair© so you fuckers couldn't steal it.

Ah, well - watchya gonna do. Cat's out of the bag. Water under the bridge. And so it goes...

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post

Buddy of mine just got one. Beyond fugly. Ford has absolutely crushed it with the F150 lightning, just make an EV look normal. Meanwhile Toyota releases a full size truck that gets worse mpg and has worse payload than the standard American full-size and is ugly as fuck. I’m sure it’ll be reliable. But if you think your primary vehicle while be an ICE vehicle in 10 years, I’ve got a horse and buggy to sell you.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums