Page 130 of 199 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    fucking leaf liker eh

I'm betting neither one of those options mentions are anymore enviromentaly better than a small or mid sized truck which is what i replaced the TDi with so I don't ever rememebr whining about the environment cuz i know that everwhere I look are double standards & BS

you might seee me with an F-150 E in a few years
    What about the rivian, eh? The one I drove by yesterday, and posted a photo of, looked cute.

I don't have a truck, but my 70 yo mom drives a Tundra with a 6'5 bed and my little sister drives a 3500 with an 8' bed.

They both pull horse trailers and haul hay and other farm shit regularly.

Little sister pulls a big ass gooseneck.

Am I cool?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What about the rivian, eh? The one I drove by yesterday, and posted a photo of, looked cute.
    Yah if you have a small caack.. what a tiny box

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Yah if you have a small caack.. what a tiny box
    Reminds me of the older 4-door hilux’s.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Depends. We talking streams, wildlife, etc? SURE! If you're talking about global warming and carbon footprints per capita and your truck's your daily just for fun, then GTFO cuz you must not take it THAT seriously, ya know?
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    i will just go down to the local rivan dealer, there is one on every block up here in narthern bc
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I don't have a truck, but my 70 yo mom drives a Tundra with a 6'5 bed and my little sister drives a 3500 with an 8' bed.

They both pull horse trailers and haul hay and other farm shit regularly.

Little sister pulls a big ass gooseneck.

Am I cool?
    between monster trucks & owning horses you have relatives that you will never inherit money from

thots an prayers

The EPA fuel economy for Maverick hybrid was released: 42 City/33 Highway/37 overall vs. 23 city/ 30 highway/26 overall for the 2.0 non-hybrid (and a mpg less for the AWD version).

That's pretty great for a vehicle with a lot of utility. Given that it's also cheap, I see it as being a hit (and apparently it is as hybrids are almost sold out for the 2022 model year apparently). I was waiting to see if they come out with an AWD hybrid, but my commuter is in a questionable state and there have been lots of photos on the Maverick forum of people fitting dirtbikes in the bed of the Maverick, so I'm tempted to put in a reservation and see what's going on in 6 months when it would actually be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    The EPA fuel economy for Maverick hybrid was released: 42 City/33 Highway/37 overall vs. 23 city/ 30 highway/26 overall for the 2.0 non-hybrid (and a mpg less for the AWD version).

That's pretty great for a vehicle with a lot of utility. Given that it's also cheap, I see it as being a hit...
    Yeah. I'm impressed. That mpg insanely good. Even more so considering what it is. This is the truck that the vast majority of suburban truck drivers should be clamoring for. I hope it works out big time for Ford and takes a sizeable chunk out of the Silverado/Ram/Ferd Efteenhundred markets.

I wonder how long til we see fully GOTOS'd versions of them running around with traction plates, rooftop tents, awnings, and tiny jerry cans plastered all over them?

Yeah. I'm impressed. That mpg insanely good. Even more so considering what it is. This is the truck that the vast majority of suburban truck drivers should be clamoring for. I hope it works out big time for Ford and takes a sizeable chunk out of the Silverado/Ram/Ferd Efteenhundred markets.

I wonder how long til we see fully GOTOS'd versions of them running around with traction plates, rooftop tents, awnings, and tiny jerry cans plastered all over them?
    Well their payload capacity (~1500) is substantially more than the double cab Tacomas (~1200) and being that they are unibody, you could attach something to the cabin roof and bed without worrying about massive twisting, so I'll be eager to see what creative things people come up to do with them.

I wasnt something I can put a 4x4 camper on & charge the battery on my e-bike

i think 3 yrs down the road there will be enough charging stations to make it everywhere

I wasnt something I can put a 4x4 camper on & charge the battery on my e-bike

i think 3 yrs down the road there will be enough charging stations to make it everywhere
    Any reason this bad boy wouldn't work for you?: https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/

its the fucking narth, if you head narth from here as the crow flys, at some point you cross the alaska hy , thats it until at some point you hit the north pole so this country does not have a top-n-bottom like the excited states

we need more charging infrastructure, I don't think I could make it up to AK or the yukon on hy 37 in an E vehical

but give it 3 years and probably

That would be funny.

This thing gets such great mileage, I can afford to lose a few!

(or 10)

maybe a portable generator instead of the jerry cans

but then you still need fuel for the generator

its the fucking narth, if you head narth from here as the crow flys, at some point you cross the alaska hy , thats it until at some point you hit the north pole so this country does not have a top-n-bottom like the excited states

we need more charging infrastructure, I don't think I could make it up to AK or the yukon on hy 37 in an E vehical

Oh, I'm sure you're 100% spot on about a lack of charging infrastructure up there, but in all reality how often do you make the trek to AK/Yukon? Perhaps a lot. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Well their payload capacity (~1500) is substantially more than the double cab Tacomas (~1200) and being that they are unibody, you could attach something to the cabin roof and bed without worrying about massive twisting, so I'll be eager to see what creative things people come up to do with them.
    Probably what most truck owners do that buy big, half-ton trucks; commute to their office jobs, occasionally haul something, and generally use it like a car. Only in this case, the Maverick is a far superior vehicle for such things because it attains better fuel economy, load/unload things easily, and drive far better than a truck.

well nobody will run an EV to yukon/AK until there is infrastructure

There are stretches of 37 which are not a good idea with a gas burner, its now a little better but < 10 yrs ago I woke up at bell II went down for breakfast and somebody is camped in front of the pumps on the dirt P-lot cuz there wasnt even fuel to drive all night let alone an EV charging station

I know you are used to them little sissy states but this is the narth bye

Slap some solar panels on it. Should be able to make it all the way to AK in the summer, since the sun almost doesn't set. Winter time, you should be able to make it to your local ski hill and plug it into an outlet somewhere. Just bring a long extension cord.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

If the unibody Maverick manages a 1500lb payload how come the Taco, Ranger, F150, etc... can't carry a lot more? They look more substantial and cost more. What don't I understand about how payload is calculated?

What would happen to the truck market if they offered a long bed single cab Maverick?

XXX-ers's daily driver? Always handy in case you decide you want to head out to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT on a lark after work, eh?!...

work?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My F150 with 6.5' bed gets around 20mpg on the highway... can I complain about environmental things?
    my 12v cummins did better than that. 8 foot bed and straight piped the way whole length.

I don't think mpg is the metric for environmental concern.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    my 12v cummins did better than that. 8 foot bed and straight piped the way whole length.

I don't think mpg is the metric for environmental concern.
    I was just giving Montuckyfucky shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    If the unibody Maverick manages a 1500lb payload how come the Taco, Ranger, F150, etc... can't carry a lot more? They look more substantial and cost more. What don't I understand about how payload is calculated?

What would happen to the truck market if they offered a long bed single cab Maverick?
    Unibody can actually be really strong. Transits are unibody and my Transit Connect can handle somewhere around 14-1500lbs in a pretty small footprint.

The hard part with trucks is part of the strength comes with the shape, so long beds are hard to do (esp if you want to maintain towing). Unibody is substantially lighter than body on frame though, so that helps with payload. Looking it up real quick, it seems that the Maverick weighs 500 to 1000 less than the Tacoma double cab, so that saves a lot of GVWR for payload.