Page 150 of 199 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Now that I don't drive an old beater I looked into tuning a bit. From what I gather there's not much to be gained in fuel economy. Or, you might be able to get a few mpg but you have to use premium so the savings cancel out.

Even without changing power or mpg you can get improved driveability since a tune usually changes the shift points for the transmission. So that's something to look into since you already own one. For my truck people seem to say that the transmission part of the tune helps the most, but I haven't decided it's worth $500 yet.

Is the Maverick a truck?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Check out 5 star tuning for the Ford v10. I think the 2v model you have has pretty limited returns for better economy though. At least that’s what I found when researching my 99 f350 squad cab long box. #worstmpg=besttruck?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks. I'll see how I can get a tune from them. You Def have a rad truck, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Now that I don't drive an old beater I looked into tuning a bit. From what I gather there's not much to be gained in fuel economy. Or, you might be able to get a few mpg but you have to use premium so the savings cancel out.

Even without changing power or mpg you can get improved driveability since a tune usually changes the shift points for the transmission. So that's something to look into since you already own one. For my truck people seem to say that the transmission part of the tune helps the most, but I haven't decided it's worth $500 yet.
    OK, I'll look into transmission tunes. If you wanna borrow my tuner to see how it works, it's ford specific and may work on your ford truck. Says "PN 7015 (FORD)" on the back of the device if that helps ID it for you.

Your options might be a bit limited since I'm guessing it's a 4 speed tranny, but it's still worth looking into. Thanks for offer, I'll see if it's compatible.

Little update:

A co-worker was telling me about his Carvana experience - he was given an $8000 offer on his used Nissan Altima, while KBB on it was $6100 in average condition. Since we finally started getting some winter weather here in MN, I realized how much I hated having a vehicle parked outside over night - all the cold, windshield scraping, etc, and jockeying around vehicles depending on which we wanted to take that day. So after hearing his story, I thought, "What the hell - let's see what my Crosstrek and Dad's truck are worth?" The answer - Carvana's offer on the Crosstrek was more than I paid new, and the truck was also above KBB, so I talked to Mrs Axebiker about it, and she said that as long as we only had 2 vehicles at the end of it all, she was cool with it - sell away! So I knew I wanted to have a truck, and I knew I wanted to stick with Ram - I did a bunch of looking around at local dealer sites with my wife. Well...she saw one that pretty much sealed my fate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8389.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	402534

Name:	IMG_8388.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1,012.7 KB 
ID:	402536

Name:	IMG_8391.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	402537

Name:	IMG_8390.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	824.4 KB 
ID:	402538

20220 Ram 1500 Rebel, 5.7 Hemi E-Torque, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed. I installed a BAK Revolver X4S tonneau cover and a BedRug XLT carpet bed mat. Still need some splash guards and the 3M chip guard installed, but beyond that, this thing had all the modern comforts that the Crosstrek had, with all the badassery the Ram offered. Very happy, and as Mrs Axebiker said, "It's even my favorite color!!" As long as Mrs Axe is happy, so am I!! Harry calls it my "brodozer"...
    Last edited by axebiker; 01-23-2022 at 06:07 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Welcome to the “it’s nice to drive over shit that is in your way instead of having to go around it all the time”.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

I never used to be much of a fan of Dodge's styling, but that is a sharp looking truck. Congrats!

Nice ride Axe! The groceries should fit nicely in that little bed….

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I never used to be much of a fan of Dodge's styling, but that is a sharp looking truck. Congrats!
    Gen 4 and 5’s are the best looking trucks on the market imho. Love the Sport hoods on gen 4’s.

Name:	63936043981__2402337F-5FA7-48AB-BD5E-3AA33C24C7E9.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	402610

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Little update:

A co-worker was telling me about his Carvana experience - he was given an $8000 offer on his used Nissan Altima, while KBB on it was $6100 in average condition. Since we finally started getting some winter weather here in MN, I realized how much I hated having a vehicle parked outside over night - all the cold, windshield scraping, etc, and jockeying around vehicles depending on which we wanted to take that day. So after hearing his story, I thought, "What the hell - let's see what my Crosstrek and Dad's truck are worth?" The answer - Carvana's offer on the Crosstrek was more than I paid new, and the truck was also above KBB, so I talked to Mrs Axebiker about it, and she said that as long as we only had 2 vehicles at the end of it all, she was cool with it - sell away! So I knew I wanted to have a truck, and I knew I wanted to stick with Ram - I did a bunch of looking around at local dealer sites with my wife. Well...she saw one that pretty much sealed my fate:

Name:	IMG_8389.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	402534

Name:	IMG_8388.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1,012.7 KB 
ID:	402536

Name:	IMG_8391.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	402537

Name:	IMG_8390.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	824.4 KB 
ID:	402538

20220 Ram 1500 Rebel, 5.7 Hemi E-Torque, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed. I installed a BAK Revolver X4S tonneau cover and a BedRug XLT carpet bed mat. Still need some splash guards and the 3M chip guard installed, but beyond that, this thing had all the modern comforts that the Crosstrek had, with all the badassery the Ram offered. Very happy, and as Mrs Axebiker said, "It's even my favorite color!!" As long as Mrs Axe is happy, so am I!! Harry calls it my "brodozer"...
    ^^ can confirm. I rode as a passenger in AxeBiker’s new truck. I love that interior. So cool. He drove across the ice out to my island. Thing is badass.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Not normally a fan of flashy trucks, but that thing is hawt!

Dodge getting any better with reliability?

Meanwhile Ford is going to stop taking orders for their Maverick hybrid on Jan. 27th. It's a good thing to have a healthy dose of backorders, but not so good that you can't fill them in a timely manner.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post

Meanwhile Ford is going to stop taking orders for their Maverick hybrid on Jan. 27th. It's a good thing to have a healthy dose of backorders, but not so good that you can't fill them in a timely manner.
    Ram seems to be doing alright from what is reported here:

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...-on-the-market
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    My gen 3 had 265k with just routine maintenance. It’s not the 90’s anymore and the stigma associated with the rams of then are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    My gen 3 had 265k with just routine maintenance. It’s not the 90’s anymore and the stigma associated with the rams of then are long gone.
    This ^

I am on my 3rd one the first 2 went over 200K with the only big thing I had was a water pump replacement
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I guess I need to get out of the 20th century!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I think it's as much about how you drive and maintain it as anything. A Toyota will be a wreck if you don't take care of it. I'm not trying to overcompensate for any "shortcomings" with my vehicle, so I'm sure it'll be great.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Seen recently:

2016 Ram 2500 · Lone Star Pickup 4D 6 1/3 ft
    $34,900 · Somerset, KY
    2016 Ram 2500 SLT Lone Star. Has the 6.7 Cummins, 163k miles

Rivian review https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

The EPA says to expect a range of 314 miles, but that's with the highway tires, not the all-terrain rubber. In our 75-mph highway test, we found the R1T's range to be 220 miles. Hook up a trailer and the range is halved [see our towing test]. Our observed efficiency, 35 MPGe, was half the EPA's combined estimate of 70 MPGe. Some of this low score is attributable to the off-road-ready Pirellis; some may be due to near-freezing ambient temperatures.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I think the market cap having been cut by half sums it up for now. It's got all the inconveniences of a truck but little of the utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    It's got all the inconveniences of a truck but little of the utility.
    You mean just like all trucks of this size? It is basically a short bed Tacoma.

And who really thought that tires and towing won't affect range? I have been wondering about the cold weather performance of all EVs and would like to see more data on that as well.

Like I've said, I can see myself getting a Rivian someday when they work out the kinks, and improve the mileage. For now my Taco will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You mean just like all trucks of this size? It is basically a short bed Tacoma.

And who really thought that tires and towing won't affect range? I have been wondering about the cold weather performance of all EVs and would like to see more data on that as well.

Like I've said, I can see myself getting a Rivian someday when they work out the kinks, and improve the mileage. For now my Taco will have to do.
    It's a good deal wider, longer, and taller than the Tacoma. I think that's what I find so confusing about it - it's not actually a small truck. Haven't driven one yet, but I am mildly curious as I go by one of the experience centers once in a while.

I'd like to know actual numbers on the range versus cold weather thing too. But I'm guessing it's more like 180mi in a lot of real cases (like driving uphill to the ski resort).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    It's a good deal wider, longer, and taller than the Tacoma. I think that's what I find so confusing about it - it's not actually a small truck. Haven't driven one yet, but I am mildly curious as I go by one of the experience centers once in a while..
    There's a vid I posted somewhere here that has some Rivians driving a lot of my local CO four wheel roads and having no problems with them, just like my Taco. They were comparing directly to the Taco and said it was pretty similar IIRC.

Even in the 90s they were wrong. There are a lot of first gen Cummins Rams still rolling around. I have one of them. Also, my 2016 has been a good truck.
    "Let's be careful out there."

The Rivian truck has a ton of features I’d like to have on a truck but misses on the major reasons you’d want a for a truck anyway.